• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

World-Size Treasure Map

L

Lord Drakelord

I stumbled across the following Japanese site tonight with a "world-size" map of Trammel/Fel done in the t-map drawing style: http://www.prelady.net/UO_TWMap/TreasureWorldMap.htm. I don't have a t-hunter, so maybe this is something that already exists elsewhere. If so, just ignore me..... If not, enjoy!
Now that is a sweet map, never seen it done that way before.

I'm not sure of the number system they using, I see the coor systems, but the # above, is not Stratics, or UOAM. Humm, maybe Goodman system? Any one have a clue? To bad the wall maps, T hunters make, cannot open to look like this, like that world map you get in the Virues dungeons. Would be cool.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not Goodman's either.

My guess it's a numbering system that developed on some of the Asian shards independently of THB/Goodman's, since they would have almost as hard a time on Atlantic as most westerners have on Izumo (almost, but not quite, given the amount of English that many Japanese, Chinese and Koreans learn in school - it would be like someone with 2-3 years of HS (Castillan?) Spanish trying to play a game where the language is Argentinean Spanish - Or Brasilian Portuguese).

It's actually a bit more logical than the numbering systems used in the West for the two systems, but we're all too ingrained in the two we have to switch. The first two numbers are for the region or island, then the last two numbers are for the specific map spots in that region. It probably would be fairly easy to make a map file for UOAM/UOC for that system, if we only knew what its name was.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found two houses on Asuka that have rune books that seem to go with the numbering system on this map. Both are near the road running west from Umbra to Hanse's Hostel.

The first house you'll encounter is right on the road, on the north side of it. The house name is "+Rune Station+ Asuka" and coordinates are 28o 40'N 33o 36'E. The house sign is hard to see because there's a lot of stuff "hanging" on it. It has some vendors on the east side of the house selling repair deeds and BODs.

The second house is further down the road. If you get to the brigand spawn that's a bit east of the orc fort, you've gone too far. If you hit the caves before Hanse's Hostel, you've definitely gone too far. Look for a house that says "T2" on the roof and right next to it a house that says "KGB" on the roof. Go past the house that says "KGB," make a sharp right and run more or less straight north to the fourth row of houses. You'll come to a large vendor shop called "Mio Shop," which also happens to be the name you'll see on the majority of the vendors. Coordinates are 34o 17'N 25o 44'E.

The first house right on the road has seemed deserted when I've gone by it; however, the Mio Shop vendors seem well-stocked, so chances are you probably could catch someone at that shop sometime during the day and perhaps ask them about the t-map books near the back of the store. Both houses have what looks like full Trammel and Fel sets of books.

If you want to meet up with me on Asuka and have me take you to the shops, just send me a PM. I'm not sure how much good it does to see their books, but I'll be happy to help if anyone's interested.