• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

World Cup

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
W

wee papa smurf

Who will you be hoping does well?

I hope England does well and its an England - Germany final with penalties :lol:

Or South Africa - Brazil final :)

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I hope England does well and its an England - Germany final with penalties :lol:

This is a year of real surprises. I am pulling for Germany, though yesterdays loss disappointed me. Losing Klose to a red card was not good. Still, Gomez, Cacaw, and Miran are fine back-ups. Next weeks match against Ghana will be the tell all.

As for who is doing the sweetest, Argentina is looking hot.

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But the games are disappointing, very midflied-defensive, not daring enough, little goals, little "show". Greatest showman till now is Maradona :)
France and England are huge disappointments, Brazil is not living up to the legend, some less famouns teams are doing better than expected, but they manage this mainly by stalling...

W

wee papa smurf

Yea this years is def a barrel full of surprises, the biggest shock (for me) was Switzerland beating Spain!

Also Brazil seem slow to start but can score the goals when needed!

And go New Zealand for drawing with Italy :thumbup1:

England have yet to find there game, very disapointing, maybe its too much pressure.

T

Thorstein

But the games are disappointing, very midflied-defensive, not daring enough, little goals, little "show". Greatest showman till now is Maradona :)
France and England are huge disappointments, Brazil is not living up to the legend, some less famouns teams are doing better than expected, but they manage this mainly by stalling...
Maradona and his hand of God can't be touched. It's been a good year for the lesser teams, unless they're African. South and Central America look like they'll dominate this year. Europe is old. The US actually deserved a win.

edit - Mags, who do I have to molest to get back my custom title back? you gave it to me, so it makes me sad to see it gone even if I don't really post here anymore.

A

A Rev

Ill always go with England.

My ideal scenario would be Germany come second, lose to England.

Brazil in the Semis.

The spain in the final with England of course winning.

Unforntunatly, after the last display i have doubts England will even qualify!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Argentina will win :)

I would love to see Argentina-Brazil or Argentina-England on the final.

http://i46.***********/ogazk4.gif

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
achtung baby... *winks*

W

wee papa smurf

i think Germany might have this, they have such a strong team this time round :)