• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Working on Paladin Vampire temp...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Being on siege I thought maybe using a shield might not be a bad idea because it can get really hard to get your stats up when you lose your suit all the time, so I decided I would find the best shield I can, keep that blessed and build around the bonuses that gives. Right now I have a clean one with +25% DI, +10% SSI, +4 Int, +4 Mana, 10% Soul charge that I keep blessed. Not ideal, but still decent.

The basic plan was:

120- Swords
120- Parry
120- Tactics
120- Resist/Anatomy (depending on situation)
120- Chiv
100- Necro
20- something else.

But I am wondering if something like...

120- Swords
120- Parry
120- Tactics
120- Chiv
100- Necro
100- Resist
68 (40+26 from jewels) Anatomy

Might be better all around. I know I could probably drop chiv some, but I don't want to. :p

I had been running the first one with Mace rather than Swords and no resist (working up both resist and swords right now) but the lack of resist and the fact that I had to drop my shield for WW was kinda cramping my style and getting me killed.

Then once I got to around 80 resist I tried doing stuff with out the anatomy, and found my damage really took a hit not only from no anat, but also dropping my shield, but the resist was helpful. So I thought maybe it would just be best to have as much anatomy as I can with resist at the same time.

Ideally I'd like to be able to solo some champ spawns, but with my somewhat limited stats due to risk of suit loss, especially in the HCI/DCI department (Even if I can find the perfect shield) I don't know how feasible that is. I seem to get in a lot of trouble in groups of spell casters. I'm hoping that 1 handed WW and increased damage from some anatomy would help that issue though.

Thoughts?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't play Siege, but you're going in the direction of my template (with jewels)
120 swords,
120 tact,
120 anat,
120 chiv,
100 parry
100 necro
90 resisist

Groups of things that hit from a distance are probably the largest problem for every template, but they're for sure my biggest problem too.

I've crunched the numbers, and against all but the absolute hardest hitting melee things, 100 parry is plenty. My suspiscion is that you'd like 88 anat and 100 parry more than 68 and 120.

So, now if you choose to go THAT way then I think you want to go the route of dropping tactics to 108 which costs you (12/1.6 = 7.5% DI) and taking anat to 100, which gives you 12/2 + 5 = 11% DI, which when you're EoO + slayer likely means a damage bump of 3 or 4 per hit on average.

Also, resist does not have a 100% bonus that I know of, so perhaps 88 resist and 120 tact is the way to go. I run 90 resist, and I've never been particularly tempted to raise it... then again I've got 2x as much skills on jewels as you plan...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play Siege, but you're going in the direction of my template (with jewels)
120 swords,
120 tact,
120 anat,
120 chiv,
100 parry
100 necro
90 resisist

Groups of things that hit from a distance are probably the largest problem for every template, but they're for sure my biggest problem too.

I've crunched the numbers, and against all but the absolute hardest hitting melee things, 100 parry is plenty. My suspiscion is that you'd like 88 anat and 100 parry more than 68 and 120.

So, now if you choose to go THAT way then I think you want to go the route of dropping tactics to 108 which costs you (12/1.6 = 7.5% DI) and taking anat to 100, which gives you 12/2 + 5 = 11% DI, which when you're EoO + slayer likely means a damage bump of 3 or 4 per hit on average.

Also, resist does not have a 100% bonus that I know of, so perhaps 88 resist and 120 tact is the way to go. I run 90 resist, and I've never been particularly tempted to raise it... then again I've got 2x as much skills on jewels as you plan...
Cool good info. Right now my resist isn't quite at 90, but will be by this evening, so I may just lock it there put the rest in anat and see how that goes, maybe see if I can squish stuff around to get anat to 100 for the bonus.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've long thought about a similar template but I always get caught on Bushido. I am too dependent on Perfection, evasion, confidence, and the damage bonus on whirlwind. On Siege I run a sampire with Magery so I can use EV and gate.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i play a necro chiv mace temp on prodo ..

100 necro
120 mace
120 parry
115 chiv 120 with ring
120 tact
120 anatomy
25 focus

Works great.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
i play a necro chiv mace temp on prodo ..

100 necro
120 mace
120 parry
115 chiv 120 with ring
120 tact
120 anatomy
25 focus

Works great.
Do you find you miss bushido compared to other warrior characters you've played?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords,
120 tact,
120 anat,
120 chiv,
100 parry
100 necro
90 resisist

I am looking this over and have a question....
What is the benefit of 120 chiv?
Surely the numbers could be more effectively use elsewhere....or is it a case of wanting the legendary paladin title?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
The damage modifier for EoO is tied to skill level. As is the amount bonus to DI increased and penalty to DCI reduced for Divine Fury. Durations too, and chance to cure high level poison with clensing fires.

Where else would you propose to use the skill points? Are you suggesting to go with 0 chiv and instead go proper Sampire?

I actually do occasionally stone away my resist and go bushido, like when I fight UEVs, so that I can honor them, but the whole point in this case of the bush isn't bushido skills, so much as the 1000 luck bonus, and the 5 mana saved for specials.

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no I was thinking of just dropping chiv by 20 or 30 and putting the rest in RS???
I didn't know there were other benefits to 120 chiv to consider ( other than title).

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
120 chiv also gives 15 SSI from Divine Fury at 20k karma (possibly lower, I'm not sure) which is very useful.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you find you miss bushido compared to other warrior characters you've played?
I never played a samp .. so i dont miss bushido. hehe ... BUT its nice being able to rez with chiv w/o fail...
normally i do it away from spawn so i don't die.. if there is spawn i sacrifice.... followed by a gheal pot