• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Working on a new event, would like feedback

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So I am thinking of running UO Ironman. Basically teams of two, accompanied by a judge, would have to complete three tasks in the shortest amount of time to win points, the scores would then be totaled to determine the winners.

#1 - First event: pvm - Baracoon champ spawn, quickest clear wins 5 pts, 2nd wins 3 and third wins 1 pt

#2 - Second event: pvp event (undefined atm how I am going to do this part) first place 5, second 3, third 1

#3 - Last event: pve (players verse elements) - teams must race across sosaria on land and by sea. Same scores apply.

Prizes would be:
100m gold to winning team, rare (worth 50-75m) to second and a Brittain ship to third

Feedback on any or all of these points would be appreciated. I'm looking at running this the whole month of November.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should make it so, same team of 2 has to compete using the same characters in each of the three events. SO if I wanted to pvp with my parry mage I would also be completing the race and the baracoon spawn with the same parry mage. Same goes for the teammate. That way people will have to use most well-rounded character hence the "Ironman".

Also, prizes 2 and 3 might be difficult to divvy up with a teammate so may have to reconsider that there.

Lastly, perhaps recording teams times for accuracy and proof for other teams who are competing, and then posting on the forums would be a cool idea. That way even if some choose to not compete, they can still watch.

I think it's a great idea though, and I'll help ref and help with prizes :)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of it, and Drac's idea of same team.

Pvp event: Hmm. Capture the flag kind of thing, or maybe a tournament? If tournament, 2v2 duels might be fun. Not sure how CTF would work with small groups, but I'm sure we could figure something out.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
sadly there doesn't seem to be much interest. A lot of views, only two regulars posting with feedback =/

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The PvP will be the hardest one to handle. Where? What size arena/landmass? Rules on armor, weapns, etc etc.

Mid-sized island in Fel would solve the arena issue...

Might ahve to do like I suggested to one of our EMs for Fel events, hire a good sized PvP guild to guard/secure the island against invaders and griefers?

Gotta remember, not all of us who would participate are pvp'ers , we will have our hands full without outside interference :p

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
very true, and duly noted =)

so far all of the suggestions will be incorporated. I still haven't decided on the pvp forum we will run, but all good pointers