• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Work Around for OLD seeds not stacking...

D

DHMagicMan_1

I only had 5 minutes to test this before heading out to work so maybe someone can confirm what I'm saying but this appeared to work for me...

I took 6 old seeds and confirmed that they would not stack by placing them one at a time into a bag...

Planted all 6 into bowls of soft dirt, then brought up the plant gump on each planted bowl and clicked in the lower right corner to recover the bowl and seed... THE SEEDS STACKED THEMSELVES in the top of my backpack!

This will be a painful work around if you have hundreds of old seeds (like I do) but it did work... you just have to collect dirt, water twice etc to do it.

Sak, can you please look at the code behind recovering the seed from the plant gump vs clicking the seed button on a fully developed plant? It seems if you collect seeds (Normally) they don't stack until you put them in a bag or something (but resources and plant clippings stack properly)...

Lilith Faire

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much! It worked like a charm! Now, if you need me, I will be the one in Skara filling and emptying plant bowls for the next few days.... lol

D

DHMagicMan_1

Glad I could help. I'm hoping we get an easier way but at least this does work.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am dreading this but I thank you so very much! Yay! Glad I did not toss them!

Now please work on getting banana tree seed for us. :)

D

Deb

I am dreading this but I thank you so very much! Yay! Glad I did not toss them!

Now please work on getting banana tree seed for us. :)
And I'll be the one in Vesper doing it...Thank you for the work around and
yes maybe we will get Banana Tree seeds even if they are a rare drop. :):)

S

soulstoner

I only had 5 minutes to test this before heading out to work so maybe someone can confirm what I'm saying but this appeared to work for me...

I took 6 old seeds and confirmed that they would not stack by placing them one at a time into a bag...

Planted all 6 into bowls of soft dirt, then brought up the plant gump on each planted bowl and clicked in the lower right corner to recover the bowl and seed... THE SEEDS STACKED THEMSELVES in the top of my backpack!

This will be a painful work around if you have hundreds of old seeds (like I do) but it did work... you just have to collect dirt, water twice etc to do it.

Sak, can you please look at the code behind recovering the seed from the plant gump vs clicking the seed button on a fully developed plant? It seems if you collect seeds (Normally) they don't stack until you put them in a bag or something (but resources and plant clippings stack properly)...
Nice Work DH :thumbup: A.A.K.A. 'Smarty Pants' :smooch

All stacks with using that maneuver. Great thought !!!! :hug::heart:

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tip. I have hundreds of seeds that won't stack so I may try this. :)

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What a love-hate workaround, DHMagicMan_1. Thank you for saving me 700 lockdowns already, but that was 700 x filling plant bowls, 1400 pours of H2O; and 700 double clicks on the seeds that had to be in my pack, empty the bowls and restack the seeds. Took hours, but worth it. Still have over 2K to go. Can we get legendary gardener status for all this clicking?

D

Deb

Better yet can we get a banana tree seed? I just counted and I have almost 2500 seeds between my houses.

S

soulstoner

What a love-hate workaround, DHMagicMan_1. Thank you for saving me 700 lockdowns already, but that was 700 x filling plant bowls, 1400 pours of H2O; and 700 double clicks on the seeds that had to be in my pack, empty the bowls and restack the seeds. Took hours, but worth it. Still have over 2K to go. Can we get legendary gardener status for all this clicking?
:lol: Now THAT'S funny ;) Legendary Gardener

I freed up only 500 so far - almost done - camped Jhelolm gate dirt mound with seeds and crazy full water pitcher. T'was worth it though I agree (glad bowls recycle). Once choclate ingredients are stackable it'll be like having a whole new 2nd house !!!

*mumbles never gonna be a pack rat again*

EDIT
*puffs* EW EW EW !!!! Got a half baked idea ... New pet with U-Haul capability: 'Pack Rat' to add to the pack llama & pack horse & blue beetle - I can fathom they'd have pack instincts :].
Happy Friday & Weekend to all.