• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Woodland armour and stealthing

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought I would move this to this forum as it is actually pvp related.

Looking for chest and sleeves to add to the Bestial suit, I considered using Woodland pieces. Surely they are the elven equivalent of plate I thought..but apparently not...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What does Woodland armour count as when determining the chance of stealthing successfully?

At 100 Hiding and 80 Stealth, I certainly seem to be able to stealth around fairly easily wearing 5 (!) pieces. Stealth checks are denoted by the message "You begin to move quietly" - I have yet to fail one wearing 5 pieces of Woodland...none of the pieces have Mage armour property - it's my sampire suit.

With 5 pieces of Plate - I get "You could not hope to move quietly in this much armour" or similar. With 4 pieces I fail to stealth a LOT...but at least get to try

With 3 pieces of chain, I cannot stealth. I can stealth with 2 pieces, but fail a lot of checks... With one piece, I fail occasionally - far too often to be worth wearing it even if there was a reason to...

With 4 pieces of Ringmail, I cannot stealth. With 2 or 3 pieces, I fail regularly. Wearing Ringmail gloves only, I stealth and pass multiple checks.

With Studded, I fail with any more than 2 items. Importantly, I fail wearing tunic and sleeves, the pieces I am most interested in.

In no other set of armour apart from leather (I haven't tried the other elven suits) can I stealth successfully in 5 pieces ... apart now apparentlyfrom Woodland.

So...how does Woodland impact on stealth success? Anyone actually know?