• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Woodland Armor and Stealth

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty straightforward question:

Can I stealth in woodland armor or do I need to imbue mage armor onto it?

S

Shinobi

If the armor isn't medable, then you should imbue mage armor on it. Otherwise, you'll have a good chance at failing to stealth, even with 120 stealth. Nonmedable armor also affects your Stealing success rate.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Shinobi that you should have to imbue mage armor on woodland pieces but...

I wanted to create a heartwood suit for the hci/di on my stealth archer so I stealthed through several Felucca dungeons (he is red) wearing just GM crafted woodland pieces. I never failed to stealth (80 stealth, GM Hiding) and I my reveal chance near other players didn't seem to go up any from wearing medable armor. I imbued/enhanced a woodland suit for him and have been using it with the same success. (I did not imbue mage armor on these pieces). I never "fail to move quietly" and my player reveal chance is the same infrequency as before.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have been running woodland armor for the last 3 years at GM hide and 80 stealth and have NEVER come out of hiding by normal means, EVER.

Imbueing mage armor on it is a waste. If mana regen means that much to you, then go imbued HP regen 1 and use leather armor.