• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wizard101 pt II

L

Little Sadie

I thought I would start a new thread for W101. I haven't seen Victoria on the game lately. Daddio is playing now. :) Post updates so we know where everyone is at.
My updates-
Rachel Moondust-level 50 Made Grand Master yesterday!
Fallon Moondust-level 31
Chelsea Moondust-level 13

Anyone else?

G

Granjell

Victoria has been hiding in the TEST REALM! Lots of fun

Victoria Willowdreamer - Level 50 Life
Iridian Willowdreamer - Level 22 Myth
Tavia Willowdreamer - Level 12 Balance

and various wizards created by kids....

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all i really have is level 10 wizard i don't remember that name. i am having problems with the task.

C

Crazy Fireball

I have been thinking about a trial for this, is it anything like WOW where there are realms you have to be in, or like NR? lol

S

SSniffleslam

Well, I now have 4 or 5 wizards, I can't remember - and I've been playing it quite a bit since my mom went back to PA. I've also played around in test. My wizards are:

Katherine Goldenthistle - lvl 50 necro
Danielle Frost - lvl 25 theurmaturge
Rowan Mistweaver - lvl 33 conjurer
and another one whose name escapes me - she's a level 42 sorcerer.

BTW, it looks like Grizzleheim is on open now...I'm off to check that out!

G

Granjell

Yes! Big new expansion, new world, Crafting, all kinds of new stuff to see and do. Free Trial includes almost all of first world, Wizard City, with glimpse of new world, Grizzleheim.

S

SSniffleslam

Well, I got to Dragonspyre in crafting, and I think I may be done. I can't find that many diamonds! Pfft

G

Granjell

I'm still plugging away at it - I got through the diamonds day before yesterday, now I'm looking for black pearls. Same again - five things, 9 pearls each. I'd still rather hunt these things than try to fight Jotun yet.

S

SSniffleslam

lol, the kiddo and I fought Jotun last night and it wasn't so bad since they've removed all the interrups and stuff. It only took us about 45 minutes to kill him and his minions. I still only have three diamonds so I won't be crafting anything anytime soon. I already have 99 ore but no diamonds...it just doesn't like me.

L

Little Sadie

I can't stand crafting! I liken it to gardening and golfing. Lots of work and little reward. I am crafting two wizards and can't find half the stuff I need. Now, I don't actively look for anything. If I see it, I pick it up. So far I have 8 diamonds but nothing to use them on.

I did get Fallon up to level 45 the other day. :) She will be my second GM if I ever get those last 5 levels done. How is everyone else doing?

S

soupandquackers

I signed up for one month, toontown is getting boring. Golfing, racing, and fishing aren't too exhilarating and the only future plans for toontown are parties at the moment. I didn't cancel my TT subscription so I will be on sunday runs still.

G

Granjell

I'm still plodding through the crafting, although Blood Moss is even rarer than Diamonds. I'm at one for 65 Red Mandrakes. I attempted Jotun's first brother in the Helgrind Warren, and died four times before I had to give it up and get on with my day. And I thought the dungeons on DS were hard!

A

ATIV7220

We've got two accounts here. My son has five characters on one and I've got one on each. Mine are:

Alexander MythHunter - lvl 28 Conjurer, secondary balance
Alric LifeHunter - lvl 13 Theurgist, secondary fire

I got so far with the conjurer, essentially solo and can't get much further, so I made the second character on my son's account so I can play both when he's not available. We're enjoying this game. We haven't been home on Sunday nights early enough to go on any runs and so I haven't played TT in weeks. My renewal is coming up this week so I canceled my account.

S

soupandquackers

Im currently level 30. The leveling up is very simple because of how much side quests. Im debating on buying another month and cancelingTT. I guess you can call it my TT mid-life crisis.

L

Lady Glow

Ohhhh mom** got me addicted to this game! She and I fight over the computer to play! Haha

Esmee Ravenheart - lv 15 Ice

**And anybody looking for Stubby: Destiny DragonDreamer - I don't remember her level, she's wandering in Marleybone, her wizard is Life

T

TubbyHile

Hi, this is Tubby / Hile. I can't use my old account anymore since Earthlink mail is eating all the password reset emails. :\

Anywho, Linda and I started up with Wizard 101 yesterday. I got Linda hooked for the moment. ;) I can see why Toontown people would like this as there are many similarities. The chat is less frustrating too, I think.

S

soupandquackers

Long time no see Hile.

Anyways i got to level 49 with death wizard and level 34 with a balance wizard. This is my last week on the game because I don't want two supscriptions for games when I dont even have a job. Back to TT i suppose, it's killing me that I never maxed fishing.

L

Little Sadie

Wow Soup! You have been busy on W101! Seems you are flying through. Sorry to hear you won't be renewing though. My second toon, also a death wizard, will be maxed tonight and now working on a level 20 storm that is a iot of fun. Hope you decide to come back to W101.

T

TubbyHile

The wearing of powerful gear despite how silly it makes you look.

S

soupandquackers

Well my month of W101 is over. I got my death wizard to grandmaster and a balance wizard to level 43. I got all the level 50 items on my death wizard except my robe. I was farming Malistaire all day and still never got it. I will probably pay for another month when something new comes out.

G

Granjell

You got pretty far in a month. I never got my life robe from Malistaire either, but I only fought him a couple times. I'm not that into farming. But I did max crafting on my Life wizard. Kind of like maxing fishing and gardening and golf - a slog, but a great feeling when you get there and think... "Now, I have to do this for how many more?"

L

Little Sadie

Wow Soup, did you sleep? LOL! I have been playing since May and only have 2 GMs, a level 30, and a couple of noobs. At your rate, you could have had 5 GMs in that time period. I am still addicted to this game so it will be a while before I stop. I have a lot of my level 50 clothes on both GMs but no Maili robe for either of them yet. Maili is so time consuming to farm.

WTG Marge on the crafting! I am done Fallon's crafting and even though I was never a badge wearer, it is a great feeling to have Master Artisan over my head. :D That badge is staying there for a long while. What a feat to get it done! I am on Rachel's crafting now, which I said I would never do, but the thrill of the hunt is there. LOL! See you ingame.:thumbsup:

S

soupandquackers

Lol, I played it more than TT at the time I can tell you that. I never tried to max crafting because of how fast my money went down when I tried. I have gotten every robe from mallistare except for death and have gotten all other level 50 items for my wizard.

Turns out I have another month becuase I unsubscribed a day late. If I ever see you around I will give you a hello.

T

TubbyHile

Linda and I have our death wizards in Marleybone. We're getting close to finishing up there. Linda also runs an ice wizard solo when I'm at work.

S

Stubby

Hey guys! My daughter told me you were talking about Wizard on here so I thought I would check it out. First of all, HELLO!! I miss you guys! I need to remember Sunday nights!!

I am playing Wizard101 too. Can only afford one wizard at a time, though. Right now I am playing

Autum Rubyblossom, level 22, fire.

I gotta go, but will come back so maybe some of us can hook up and play together!

Miss you guys!

T

TubbyHile

Linda and I are looking for any lvl 50 Wizards to do the new Gauntlet of Woe tower! It's nasty!

G

Granjell

I haven't run it on Live yet, where and when were you thinking of going?

L

Little Sadie

We attempted the Gauntlet yesterday. I went in with one other person that was running two wizards. We got up to the last floor and he inadvertantly ran out the door on one of his wizards! So we were left with my death and his life. The last boss is horrible and also death. We got him down to 1600 before we both died. I can't believe we didn't think to summon a henchman! LOL! Anyway, we are doing it today again. Good luck!

L

Little Sadie

We attempted the Gaunlet tower again today. It was just the two of us with one working 2 wizards. We were death, myth, and life. It took a little over 2 hours to complete the 9 stories. If you get to the level that only has green and blue wisps beware. You need to get all the blue and none of the green. If you do it correctly you can skip that floor all together. This tower can easily be done with 3 wizards but make sure you either have a lifer or everyone has plenty of treasure life cards. You are going to need it.

One floor had a boss that called a minion every 4th round. If you didn't get rid of that minion before 4 more round he would throw a 10k meteor strike on you and thereby wiping you all out. We never let him get that far. We made sure that we had enough pips and attacks ready for when he would appear and then took him him out quickly. He will continue reappearing every 4th round until you get rid of the 6k boss. While the boss isn't that big a deal healthwise, he does remove every trap you put on him immediately. We never bothered with trapping him at all. Just hitting him over and over did the trick.

We all ended up winning rings from schools we were not using and they were not tradeable. I doubt we will ever do this tower again as it was too time consuming for the drop opportunity. I wish they had put a second chance at the end of it to at least try to get the ring without doing it all over again. It was interesting in that you really had to use good strategy in order to get through this one. Good luck!

T

TubbyHile

2 hours?! Wow, I don't know what you're doing, but I know we've done it much much quicker than that. Hour tops. Guess it depends on your wizards and the damage you can do.

I did manage to complete it once with randoms. For some odd reason it wouldn't let Linda's wizard join us. She'd end up in another instance by herself. Hopefully that bug is fixed. Another strange occurrance happened where a guy somehow was able to port inside. I know we've both tried it and were not permitted.

Not sure if they changed it but I was able to skip the level with the wisps completely without even trying for the blue ones. Just ran straight to the stairs.

The last guy hits very hard. He casts a Heck Hound that will doing about 500 per round and a Meteor Strike that does 750.

L

Little Sadie

Wow one hour?!! That's awesome. I have heard with 4 it is pretty quick. I've done it 3 times now and all have taken almost 2 hours. We are only 3 of us, death, myth, and life. Since myth and life don't have the greatest spells, I rely on my death to kill them all. You can go right by the wisps if you like but it takes you to the next floor. If you take the blue wisps you will actually skip a floor when you go up those steps thereby having only to do 8 floors instead of 9.
After this am update the last boss is now harder. He has 3 minions to help him and he hits every round with something.

Time for update for my wizards:

Rachel Moondust-50 fire master artisan
Fallon Moondust-50 death master artisan
Suri Moondust-49 storm master artisan
Olivia Moondust-20 ice
Marissa Moondust-22 life
Alia Moondust-9 storm
Sarai-16 balance

T

TubbyHile

You can go right by the wisps if you like but it takes you to the next floor. If you take the blue wisps you will actually skip a floor when you go up those steps thereby having only to do 8 floors instead of 9.
Interesting. I thought you just skipped the battle on that floor not the next.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Death wizard Hunter Shadowbane level 15. Trying to make a choice crowns or membership?

G

Granjell

Membership will give you access to all areas instantly, whereas crowns you pay by the area as you get to them. But once bought, they are yours forever, so theoretically it is cheaper in the LONG run. I subscribe.

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought i would put something useful in this forum. I joined a group called Wizard101 central. There is a lot of helpful guides in this forum. I learned a lot about wizard101 though them. There are guides to crafting and the like. http://www.wizard101central.com

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know the last room of the emperor's retreat? i have from the left tree, sun, and snake and from the right i have bird, beetle, and alligator head.
it was tree snake and alligator. what a brain teaser.