• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With the New Forum Site...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Animated avatars are working in most styles, but I still need to make the adjustment to the Animate style. As for larger avatars, we may have an option for this in the near future.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Animated avatars are working in most styles, but I still need to make the adjustment to the Animate style. As for larger avatars, we may have an option for this in the near future.
In the old forum,there was a restrictive limit to file size that disallowed the use of the link I provided above. Will the same file size limitation apply here?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
In the old forum,there was a restrictive limit to file size that disallowed the use of the link I provided above. Will the same file size limitation apply here?
Animations now working in Animate. Not sure on the size restriction. I think it'll be similar as before, but try it and see.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... will it be possible to limit the displayed forums? In the old boards i had like 5 forums i was reading. I didn't have to scroll so much. ;)

*edit* signatur is working fine. The migration only copied the old board handles for the signature (sigpic) but not the signature itself.

*edit 2* Oh no ! I'm just a visitor now. ;) Is it possible to disable the background for avatars? I believe my avatar had a see-through background.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
... will it be possible to limit the displayed forums? In the old boards i had like 5 forums i was reading. I didn't have to scroll so much. ;)

*edit* signatur is working fine. The migration only copied the old board handles for the signature (sigpic) but not the signature itself.

*edit 2* Oh no ! I'm just a visitor now. ;) Is it possible to disable the background for avatars? I believe my avatar had a see-through background.
On the favorite forums list, we don't yet have a way to do this, but I am trying to garner support on XenForo's site to be included in a future release.

The user titles are tricky here. We're still trying to get the hang of them.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My Sig may now work....But its broken now on the black back ground :( But thanks for the heads up on how to do it anyhow
Which skin are you using? I see it moving on the Animate theme.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which skin are you using? I see it moving on the Animate theme.
Cheers! Skin changed to UO Classic and the Sig shows as it should. It was on the default of black before. Now to get everyone to change theres so they can see me sig too. On wards and Up wards :rolleyes:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cheers! Skin changed to UO Classic and the Sig shows as it should. It was on the default of black before. Now to get everyone to change theres so they can see me sig too. On wards and Up wards :rolleyes:
Hmm, I'm using the Animate skin, but I see your avatar walking and the bug in your sig moving. Is anyone else not seeing the animation?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we not go mad with sig file sizes till I have a chance to consult on what the impact on load times would be?

Also, if your sig isn't linked from the old boards, please ensure that wherever it is linked from allows hotlinking?
Example: Photobucket does, conceptart.org does, deviantart.com does not.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can we not go mad with sig file sizes till I have a chance to consult on what the impact on load times would be?
/Agree
I hope they don't go overboard with the sigs. They were pretty perfect as they were.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
AND we had the option to turn them off before. I hope we still get this option... please?

This already exists. Click "Preferences" and uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages."

O

Old Man of UO

This already exists. Click "Preferences" and uncheck "Show people's signatures with their messages."
Got it! It was turned off in VBulletin and that setting migrated with XF, just like it was supposed to!

S

Sevin0oo0

I agree w/ the hotlinking statement. Further, if I'm waiting on a sig, to load, and load... I usually add it to the Blocked list, like those feed my dragon things where maybe the site is slow, or not responding. I think sigs should be locally hosted, and limited in file size and dimensions. There has to be control measures to ensure board responsiveness. Slows complaints about pages hanging and what-not.