• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With Great Sadness....Please Pray

• Thread starter DebconLady
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

DebconLady

An update on Darlene<AKA Lady Pheonix, Dar, Ghostie>

To her Legends Family.............. there was not good new today from the Oncologist. Darlene has terminal cancer and will be leaving the hospital the end of the week to go home to hospice care.

I have her home address and phone number if anyone would like to send something or just give her a call to say Hello.

Please PM me and I will give it to you. I didn't want to post it here for her privacy, but she does want her UO Family to have it.

She was in very good spirits and we laughed alot about UO. It was the only thing that kept me from falling apart. You all should know that you have brought a smile to her face, even in these sad times.

She asked for your prayers, so Please Pray for our Dear Dar, it's all that she has left.

She misses you guys and said she would try to get on ICQ/AIM next week.

Please Pray!

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She is there and will remain in our prayers. Hang tuff Dear Friend you are loved greatly. :heart::smooch:cheerleader:

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said Deb. Surely the Legends community will hang together through this, for her and for each other. It is so very hard not to be able to be present to help someone that you care about.
:grouphug:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell her if she gets better me and Sorcon will let her be the President of UO and even let her paint the banks pink...

Give her my best wishes.

D

Danse

She will be in my thoughts and prays..She was one of the first to help me out when I returned to UO...She is one of the BEST!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She will be in my prayers as well. Hang in there Pheonix, we love you!!

B

BardMal

I know I am not the only one casting *in vas mani* for our friend and much loved member of Legends.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Prayers for ya, Ghost...
wow, speechless for a change =(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*gathers thoughts*

well, seems they're far too scattered for gathering

people you love pass thru your life and some are always there, underfoot and close at hand and some are not, some are gone... and they are in your heart, where they are always kept safe

and maybe you had all the time for all the things to do together, and all the words were spoken. ... but most times not

I choose to use this space here to let Ghostie know how much I admire her generosity, grace and most of all her strength.

I love you, Ghostie

She's My Friend

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AS always,
thoughtful and eloquent
*sighs*
a gift I don't have

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am deeply saddened by this, I was praying for good news. Lady Phoenix has become such a dear friend, and she knows she means the world to me.

If you get time to read this please know that we love you very much and we're all pulling for you. UO and Legends would not be the same without you.

Much love and BIG Hugs

S

Sorcon Gartius

I love you Phoenix... This saddens me greatly :( I will gladly relinquish my Presidency and paint the walls pink FOR you!

D

Dakotawinds

You are in my prayers M'Lady. And I think Brit bank would be pretty in pink.

B

BamBootie

Dar, is not only one of our longest and closest friend in game. She has also became a very special friend in our everday lifes. She has, is and always will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Remember-Everday is a Materpiece-Coach Wooden

Bamboom and ToriAna

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of us forget that even though this is only a game, there are very real people behind the chars - playing in this imaginary world for a brief escape from real world concerns and worries. A gesture of kindness or generosity in-game brings a real smile to someone on the other side of the screen ...

May the gods be with you Dar, friend and guildmistress for these many years!

D

DebconLady

Many of us forget that even though this is only a game, there are very real people behind the chars - playing in this imaginary world for a brief escape from real world concerns and worries. A gesture of kindness or generosity in-game brings a real smile to someone on the other side of the screen ...

May the gods be with you Dar, friend and guildmistress for these many years!
May God be with her Indeed! Please Pray!

D

DebconLady

Update November 10:

Dar is very ill and receiving dialysis for her kidneys. She's not eating much at all and they are managing the pain with Morphine.

Darlene wants her son to get to her in NC, I believe from Michigan, and Trish did some checking on the Airfare, and it's going to be around $500. If anyone would like to make a small donation to this cause, Dar would immensly appreciate it, it's all that she asks for.

If you have a paypal account you can send cash to:
[email protected]

It doesn't matter how big it is, every little bit helps!

Many thanks to Ping for getting Dar's House ready this past weekend for the Hospital Bed and Hospice Care. (((Hugs to you Ping)))

Please keep the Prayers Coming!!

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Dar knows that my well wishes are always with her so there's no need to say to be a broken record. I do hope she start to get better, we need her as much as her real family does :(.

P

PingThing

We all Love our Ghost.

And I can say after visiting with her over the weekend...
You all are the world to her, she misses you all dearly.

Keep her close to your hearts.
Peace
Ping

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Dear Lady Pheonix,

I did not have the honor of so many here of really getting to know you. But I did have the fun of seeing you every day at falling houses and your hosted events. Though there was some drama back in that time frame between my guild and yours, you were always highly respected and admired by myself and every member of my guild. You were always patient, charming, diplomatic, and caring, regardless of what drama or situations you or people around you were facing. You have a way of turning something stressful into something enjoyable, and did so countless times. You are a pure jewel of a human being and if more people followed your footsteps this game and world would most certainly be a much better place to reside.
If you need anything, anything at all, I am only a icq away and will come running in a heartbeat. You are one brave strong woman, and I am sure whatever ails you is up for a big shock, because you will fight it and fight it hard without breaking a sweat.
Take care dear Lady, and hope to see you soon and I will try my hardest to attend the net toss in your honor.

Sincerely,

Philomena/Gabby B^L