• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] with events every other day...when will the market implode

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just saying..........tin hat strapped on.... storage IS gonna be a issue real soon.... whatever

...............have a great night.... another great event... etc etc etc etc etc

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Must... have... more... pies... :)

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The biggest problem I can see lately is that there has been a mass exodus of collectors/great buyers. And I'm assuming summer hasn't helped much with selling of items. I think overall tho prices on most things are down to more reasonable levels, to the point where normal people can afford a nice item if they see something they want. This hasn't always been the case. And with the new system everyone has a decent shot at a drop, so that's an improvement! I enjoy events. (Well most events I attend that is) It's a great form of entertainment with a decent shot at a drop and nice loot. Sometimes the loot you have the potential to find can be worth more than the drops. Not to mention you get to kill monsters you would normally never get to if you mostly play solo. So, to wrap up, even if the market was to collapse there is still the possibility of amazing loot, a fun event, an a possible neat drop to display. Win win!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My opinion on this is... if the market does eventually collapse, who cares?

The people who enjoy the events will still go to the events even if there were no items given out at all. The only people who would stop going are the ones who are truly only in it for the money, which just makes more items available to the people who enjoy the event itself.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's summer, prices fluctuate, people come and go and nothing is crashing.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My opinion on this is... if the market does eventually collapse, who cares?

The people who enjoy the events will still go to the events even if there were no items given out at all. The only people who would stop going are the ones who are truly only in it for the money, which just makes more items available to the people who enjoy the event itself.
I WOULD go if there were zero drops! As it is set up now, I have no desire.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
The market wont implode - if by implode, you mean EM items will become valueless, like in some sort of online financial recession. Items will decrease in value if new similar items come out. Remember the first couple waves that came out? Those were going for more than unique items at the time. Now we can almost expect one to two waves per season. The prices are still high compared to less desirable items, but nowhere near what the first few cost.

The only way I could see a real implosion is if either the top collectors all decided to sell their collections at auction for gold at the same time (which is unlikely, as large collections usually sell privately), or a dupe is discovered that is easily reproducible by many players and suddenly instead of 10-20 of each item, there are hundreds.

I would love to see more variation in the EM items like in seasons past, where maybe only three or four items dropped. Or the same item dropped but each one was a unique hue.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Each shard has created a 10 to 25 drop every month
too many boring items. cool items little...
I want to see Special unique drop.
I would not complain that it would be once every six months

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very few people people would keep going to Events if there was never no drops...dont delude yourselves there....they go to events for 3 reasons
1. chance of a drop to sell for godzillions
2. loot the bosses and sub bosses for some top artifacts to again sell
3. it suits there timezone!!!! [thats a biggy] and why not have a hours fun with some actual large group of players.

have a great weekend now

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to just say, here is not a Rares Dealer forum.
We are not dealer but collector, right?
Honestly, I don't have an interest to check this forum in recently.

Selling today's drop!
Selling today's drop!!

wooooooops!
hah, please move to traders hall :(

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to just say, here is not a Rares Dealer forum.
We are not dealer but collector, right?
Honestly, I don't have an interest to check this forum in recently.

Selling today's drop!
Selling today's drop!!

wooooooops!
hah, please move to traders hall :(
Here we post about selling rares. I am also a collector and whatttt?

InfernO will come to get you