• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

With a heavy heart............

• Thread starter Kendra_of_Umbra
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kendra_of_Umbra

With a heavy heart I'm leaving UO.
I've been around since May of 2003 and have had many good times.

Started with my cousin BloodThirster introducing me to the game and helping me out, and from there I branched out. Longed forever to join S|A and finally got to join them where I helped with some of the BSR Events.

S|A You were my first family and I thank you for nurturing me to the person I became today in-game.

UG.K really what can I say? You were my family, So many nights of misc Teamspeak fun, I will miss you all and will never forget what we went thru.

Stratics
I thank you for allowing me to serve my UO community. You guys are one of the best sites for UO information (just get everything updated and you'd own!!!)

EA
Thank you for a great game, even tho it was troublesome at times, I still had fun. I just regret I couldn't join the GM staff due to not being able to move.

To everyone that has ever met any of my chars, you guys are the game, you are the reason I played. The communities I was involved with were some of the best I have seen in any game.

I loved this game, but unfortunately that love is gone, the spark is gone.

I have become involved in a multi-game guild called Deicide. We are currently in ArchLord, Talisman Online, 12-Sky, Project Torque, *have beta app in for Darkfall, Age of Conan, and Aion* I hold the rank of Overall GM with the founder of the guild.

So with this, I bid you all farewell. I will still be around the forums looking into the game, and who knows. Perhaps with SA and changes to the KR client the spark may rekindle.

I'm in the process of trying to sell my account (it is listed in the Baja Trade forum) If you are interested go check it out.

And to close this I will use a line I used to use while in the Society Of Archers and a phrase I used alot while in Underground Knights.

One last time for memories sake:

May your arrow be true!

Get SOME!!!

*Signed*
Kendra of Umbra (Kawaii Necromantic Reporter)
Shurg Kalthalis (Legendary Knight of UG.K)
Paramedic (Pure Healer, Ex GM of HEAL)
Miramaki Tsunada (Gimtastic Samurai of UG.K)
Dobby (House Elf, Crafter UG.K)
Dreamslayer (**Dead** First mage I had in UO)
Tera of Trinsic (Tamer UG.K & owner of the glorious Squishy)
Tera Hargrove (Bard, UG.K)

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Hugs*

Be well girl and have fun at what ever you may do.

G

Kendra,

You will be sorely missed. Good luck on your future endeavors, and don't forget to stop by to say Hi.

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kendra,

Though our paths have not crossed ( not sure how that happened) I feel compelled to say on behalf of the Society of Archers, thank you for the kind words and we wish you the best with your new adventures.

Peace..

K

Kendra_of_Umbra

<blockquote><hr>

Kendra,

Though our paths have not crossed ( not sure how that happened) I feel compelled to say on behalf of the Society of Archers, thank you for the kind words and we wish you the best with your new adventures.

Peace..

[/ QUOTE ]
You'd have known me as Shurg Kalthalis

G

Hi Kendra,

Good luck to you in your other endeavors. It's been a good run in UO. Wish you all the best. And hopefully in the future UO will again find that spark.

Take care...

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Kendra et al,

Tis with sadness, yet with support, we hear thy news. I say Thank Thee, for all of thy years of play, for contributing above and beyond play alone.

Many have from time to time had their "UO fires" wax &amp; wane. Some depart when they think the fire has gone out, only to discover the embers burned lowly but did yet burn.

Perhaps one day you will return to Britannia and find the embers smoldering, needing only for thee to blow upon them some new air, causing flames to erupt anew.

Regardless, I wish thee safe and successful journeys on thy newly chosen path.

Be Well, Dear Friend!

Elladan of Baja

T

Tazz

Be good Shurg. feel free to hop in our voice channel at any time to say hey. Also check your PM I sent ya :p

G

Ahhh, well I know how that goes. Losing interest sucks, but it's inevitable. Glad you found something fun to do tho! I wish you the best...stop back by now and then and tell us how you're doing.

G

Shurg,

I can understand how you feel since I am in the same boat, but you will definitely be missed. No more peanut butter jelly time
Like Tazz said, come visit us in voice anytime!

G

Kendra, I knew you as Paramedic and didn't even realize you had those other characters. I'm so sorry to see you go. It seems like you were just in the Twisted Weald with me dying in the process of saving other players. I understand the zest for the game diminishing as I've been there too. I'm hanging in though and seeing if my zeal will return again as it has so many other times. I hope that you will come back some day as many do. Be well and Godspeed m'dear. *curtsy*

O

OTTnMIA

Farewell, Shurg. You were an amazing player that the entire shard benefitted from, and are truly a great soul. The shard will be lesser off not having you amongst it, but I understand and respect your reasons for leaving. Thanks for all you have done and all you are, good sir. Best of luck to whatever your future holds. It was an honor getting to know you, and running with you the times we did.

*raises bow to Shurg* May your arrows strike true and the wind remain at your back, old friend.... farewell!

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what is it with everyone leaving?
Man I havent seen this many people ever leave all around the same time.
I have been around since shortly after beta and never this kinda decline in peeps.
UGK isnt really active anymore either only handfull of peeps on at any given point. Im actually kinda concerned with Bajas future. Alot of my close firends left already and im debating on either quitting myself or moving to another shard.
I dont wanna leave Baja, its my home, and I imagine id have a few people ticked at me for closing my shop (Provisioners Union of Baja).
Now days it just seems too many people are laving and not enough coming in.
Or maybe im just on at the wrong times. Who Knows...

T

Tazz

I hear you, unfortunately a lot of my leadership and long time members have moved on to WoW. I think people are getting burnt out with no new content or expansion on the horizon.

I am currently working on a project that is going to span across multiple online games so I can keep the guild in tact. Sad though to see people leaving for other games.

koyettsu

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I hear you, unfortunately a lot of my leadership and long time members have moved on to WoW. I think people are getting burnt out with no new content or expansion on the horizon.

I am currently working on a project that is going to span across multiple online games so I can keep the guild in tact. Sad though to see people leaving for other games.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is exactly what happened to me and a lot of us that made the move to be honest with everyone. The game has not had an expansion in over 2 years now, I have done everything in the game many, many, MANY, MANY times. I was finding myself logging in night after night and sitting there with no desire to do anything. So one night a few members announced they were going to try out a few newer games and one of them was going to give WoW a shot. So I went with him to try it out and we were just blown away with the game. We informed everyone we were going to start up the guild in WoW and a chunk of the guild decided to go along for the ride.

Our guild is extremely active right now, just not as much in UO as we used to be. I am sure we will return to UO one day but honestly the game is in dire need of an expansion. UO is still one of the best games I have ever played, but I think I just need a extended break from the game until there is enough new content that I can come back and it feel like it is brand new again. Anyway I wish everyone the best of luck, I still check the forums here frequently and if anyone is bored you can look us up in WoW on Undermina within the Allinace. Of course there are still a number of us in UO here and they are always around