• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wisps/ New seeds

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello! I will apologize in advance if this has been discussed before. I quickly scanned the board, but didn't see my question, so here I go!

I have been hunting, trying to get all the new seeds. I should mention I am basically a crafter with magery. In other words, I have very little fighting skill.

I was out trying to find wisps to kill. I was in Ilsh (around the honor gate), but too many other nasty creatures around. I wanted to try wisp dungeon, but there were many paragons around. I thought I would die trying to get there. I tried wisp circle, SE of shame, but there are also dark wisps there. On Siege, those things are deadly.

On the hunter's guide, it mentioned Crystal dungeon. Ahh ha! Let me go there. Bought my ticket, dropped and EV. Those wisps dropped like flies. But no seeds. Are there different "wisps" (aside from shadow and dark)? :confused:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I was out trying to find wisps to kill. I was in Ilsh (around the honor gate), but too many other nasty creatures around. I wanted to try wisp dungeon, but there were many paragons around. I thought I would die trying to get there. I tried wisp circle, SE of shame, but there are also dark wisps there. On Siege, those things are deadly.
QUOTE]

The blue wisps are more deadly than the dark wisps at least I feel they are more nasty. I'm hunting them at the swamp.

There is 3 monsters in the group, Hiryu, Terathan Warrior, Wisp, so maybe Terathan Warrior would be easier for you.

You can kill Blue Wisps with EV's, you may find some roaming Felucca overland.

kittykat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i hunted wisps, i just walked around Fire Island. Most of the spawn (as long as you don't get to the deamon temple) is low end (trolls and such) and you'll find a wisp wandering around every now and then (it's not terribly fast paced, but it is pretty safe).

L

Lord Drakelord

I like the spawn around the Lord Oak champ in Ilsh, if you can lure a a strong paragon into the area the blues will attack it, the other day we had a paragon Greater dragon and a paragon anicent wyrm and managed to take it all the way to Lord Oaks. I was able to get several wisp seeds during that when I looted them, of course when I was not running from the two Paragons. ;)

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On the hunter's guide, it mentioned Crystal dungeon. Ahh ha! Let me go there. Bought my ticket, dropped and EV. Those wisps dropped like flies. But no seeds. Are there different "wisps" (aside from shadow and dark)? :confused:
You will not get seeds from the wisps in the Prism of Light. It has to be the regular blueish wisps.

S

Strawberry

There are a lot of wisps around a marble circle southeast of the Shame entrance.

C

Callie

If you happened to also be out hunting juka mages for their seeds in honesty, you could pop on back wehre the serpentine dragon is and there are wisps there too. Nothing is aggro in that dungeon I have found.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
There are a lot of wisps around a marble circle southeast of the Shame entrance.
LOL yeah but Patty play Siege and there 9 our of 10 of them are Dark Wisps and they are true griefers and very agressive, they love crafters and newbies for dinner and they will gank and rez kill too :lick:

D

DHMagicMan_1

... and we wonder why most people play on Tram ruleset facets... LOL

No offense... I'm sure you enjoy the PvP action... but I hated UO when it first came out before Tram existed... because I'd be mining near Minoc and griefers would come kill me and my packy just because they wanted to brag about how many crafters they'd killed.

N

Ni-

No offense... I'm sure you enjoy the PvP action... but I hated UO when it first came out before Tram existed... because I'd be mining near Minoc and griefers would come kill me and my packy just because they wanted to brag about how many crafters they'd killed.
ahh yes, the 'good' old days...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

PvP?? I speaked about Dark Wisps, they are not players but monsters like the blue wisps, only diff is their color and that they are aggressive.

Sure they may have learned something of PK's :lick:

D

DHMagicMan_1

Ah, when you were talking about true griefers, ganking and res killing... I thought you meant PKs camped the spot waiting for crafters to go after the wisps so PKs could go after the crafters.

My bad.