• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wish list for future improvements to the game

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
These are very minor but things that would make my UO experience much better...

1) Pet Dye or a way to change your pet's graphic: This would be for your view only!! I do not want to see a 100 pink and vomit green greater dragons running around either. But it would be nice if I could change my pet's color, sort of like changing chat color. This would allow me an easier time of finding my own pet while everyone else's looked like the standard. (Maybe even Pinco could add this to his UI??)

2) A Stat Pole: This item would function like a soulstone for swapping stats (Str, Dex, Intel) around. Not a game breaking item but one that would make my life easier when switching templates. This could be a crafted, vet reward, gold sink or whatever item.

3) A Legendary Mark Scroll: *I do not expect this to happen* But it would be nice to have a massive gold sink, one use scroll that could mark a rune anywhere (maybe not inside homes though). Selfish request but I'd pay a couple hundred million to mark a rune in Ilshenar.

I know there have been numerous threads like this in the past but I see no reason #1 and #2 couldn't come to pass.

Blood Ghoul

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) 20x stable slots. Cause an overall pet revamp is too much to ask for. Hate hate hate the stable caps.

2) Access to ALL of the currently unavailable game's plants. Especially common trees. I mean really... we have every tree BUT the 4 most common trees in the world. I get that they have to be in deed form, but so what? Give everyone a set for arbor day in a bag marked "Go plant a tree", then add the set to the store, and make the rest of it growble. Even if the growable ones don' produce seeds and drop on strong monsters, just do it! Also, I would pay 10 bucks for a yew tree deed I promise you.

3) Garbage. I want to make garbage.

4) Add in tiles missing from custom houses like sand and forest floor. Allow overlapping wall tiles, so you can have arches directly over short walls and crap like that, like you see on world buildings. What possible harm could it do?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
1) <---- That ;)

2) A cute compost pile for gardeners (that has steam rising from the center)

3) New plant: sugar beets (grind the seeds to make sugar and/or grow new plants) for cooks/gardeners -- to replace the unwieldy sugarcane plants!

4) BODs for chefs :thumbup1:

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logging out while in game takes you to server selection instead of having to log back in.
  1. It would reduce stress on the login server
  2. Online players could bypass the login server if it goes down while they are playing
  3. It's convenient not having to put in a password every time a player wants to switch characters
EDIT: ...or add an option to go to sever selection screen while in game.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love all the ideas so far in this thread.

1) I want new player races Orcs, Dwarves, Half-orge, Half-giant, Vampires....

2) I want the crafting overhaul to go hand in hand with the addition of a new player race.

3) More character slots.

4) Player redesigned castles and keeps. Maybe a wall dye-tub to dye keep and castle walls dark grey, or flat black.

Last edited:

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH ONE MORE THING!!!

Potions:

1. We have pots to raise STR and DEX, why not INT?
  2. We have pots to regain health and stamina, why not mana?
...and one more potion idea
Speed pots! I'm not talking about swing speed pots. I'm talking about potions that will make you skip an extra tile while running, lasting for 10 seconds, usable every... 10 minutes?

Reasoning: I have no exact number of PVPers who do things to increase their in game speed. I'd imagine it's 50/50. This would counter that! Think about it, this gives ALL players the same advantage of getting that much needed kill shot when someone decides to run away. This would not only level the playing field, but it's something that can also be balanced by how long the buff would last and how often it could be used.

Last edited:

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH ONE MORE THING!!!

Potions:

1. We have pots to raise STR and DEX, why not INT?
  2. We have pots to regain health and stamina, why not mana?
...and one more potion idea
Speed pots! I'm not talking about swing speed pots. I'm talking about potions that will make you skip an extra tile while running, lasting for 10 seconds, usable every... 10 minutes?

Reasoning: I have no exact number of PVPers who do things to increase their in game speed. I'd imagine it's 50/50. This would counter that! Think about it, this gives ALL players the same advantage of getting that much needed kill shot when someone decides to run away. This would not only level the playing field, but it's something that can also be balanced by how long the buff would last and how often it could be used.
Or, you would make the players who are already skipping, DOUBLE SKIP!

Mana pot, they have that, but its a stealable

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or, you would make the players who are already skipping, DOUBLE SKIP!
Yes I understand this, but you have to think about it.... if it's on a 10 minute cool down and we're talking field fights, there's going to be circumstances where you're chasing someone and their speed potion is on cool-down, and yours isn't.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love all the ideas so far in this thread.

1) I want new player races Orcs, Dwarves, Half-orge, Half-giant, Vampires....

2) I want the crafting overhaul to go hand in hand with the addition of a new player race.

3) More character slots.

4) Player redesigned castles and keeps. Maybe a wall dye-tub to dye keep and castle walls dark grey, or flat black.
I mentioned Orcs a long time ago, the others are a fun idea too. My idea was met with a 50/50 reception. Some mentioned Orcs are bestial and stupid, but looking in the Orc Dungeon it is obvious that they do have thought process and could be amazing crafters (like they are in Skyrim). It would be fun to have cave options added to housing tiles as well. Redesigned Castles and keeps would be an awesome idea. They would add to the value of both on dead shards for sure.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So many old skills are seldom utilized these days. One that might be a candidate for a resurgence is Taste ID. I've often thought it would be fun if very rare (graphically appealing and worth displaying) herbs were introduced to the game. They could not be purchased from vendors and could only be found in the wild, perhaps randomly spawning on existing plants and trees. In addition, they could only be detected, identified and gathered by characters proficient in Taste ID. As to whether or not they would have a practical use, that's a possibility worth exploring. Anyway, I like the idea.

Last edited:

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3) Garage. I want to make garage.

there I fixed that for you.
then we can park our new shinny horse and wagon.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
High Seas. More named crustaceans in the traps!! Alot more. Pies worth to make . Baits that makes difference. Charybdis loot really improved . We could get water tiles and sea relted deco. Make cannons and ammo less complicated. A reason to keep fighting pirates after you got the orc ship. Charybdis baits a bit easier to get. I could go on and on.. The consept is great but so not rewarding for the time spent even the most devoted fishers gave up long ago. And this is a boster pack , it could bring in some money. But when we players get questions from new and returning players if they need expansions .. We say you need SA absolutely, HS.. wait and see.. maybe it get improved some day.. Its sad not being able to recomand it but we cant lie to our new friends can we?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One small thing I'd like to see:

Give the grizzled mare statue the same unbreakable armor / DCI boost as the Paroxy swamp dragon statue.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow what wonderful ideas! Keep them coming!

I'd like to see another boat... something slightly smaller that has maybe 3 cannons... moves quicker... but has less storage and strength.

I'd like to see 100's of clipping issues fixed.

I want to see more customization of faces and bodies at the body sculptor.

I'd like tatoo's for characters...

I want more varieties of pets.

I would buy an upgrade to add more stable slots! Give me 50! Heck make it stack and I'll buy enough to have 100 pets...

I want to have ways into the parts of my keep I can't use.... could we at least revamp the keep to be usable please?!?! Now that I can use the inside of my castle I"m pretty happy there.... though I would like that space out front to be usable as well.... I'd like to hang stuff on the walls outside my castle. But it's ok...

I want a stockade added to the game... one in every town. When you kill a murderer you can opt to send them to the nearest one. The only way out of it for them would be to pay a fine... Money would go away.. nice gold sink good incentive to go kill Reds..... good deterrent to going red. (paying the fine would reduce the murder count by one as well).... fine should be 10k per murder count.

I want a Broom, Mop and Bucket. My floors have got to be gross. And for next years "special" mount or at Halloween I want a broom I can "ride"... Hovers just a wee bit above ground... would be awesome.

Still want horse poop. I know it's in game... but I want it.... along with the brush and such I see at many stables. I want these things to place in my stables.

I want to craft the small one tile benches of stone... I want to craft a small 1 tile square of stone.... call it a stone tile and have it work like a Goza mat. and look like the center bit of a stone table. That's what I want.

More things ought to be craftable. There are some desks, tables and such in game we ought to be able to craft. I also want to be able to place 1 tile cubes inside the house and 1 tile bits of stairs without tricks.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like to see an improvement to the Inspire song that my Necro/Bard likes to play. Improve it please so it actually continues to play after I use the Spirit Speak skill, the way it used to before you broke it doing whatever unannounced change you were making.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming you'd be using spirit speak to heal, meaning you've taken damage. Did you know spell songs can be interrupted? (by taking damage)

btw i don't agree with that either, spell songs should stay on until mana runs out or turned off.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm assuming you'd be using spirit speak to heal, meaning you've taken damage. Did you know spell songs can be interrupted? (by taking damage)

btw i don't agree with that either, spell songs should stay on until mana runs out or turned off.
The song will stop if you take a significant hit yes, but this happens at full health, with no negative actions happening to me.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right now I think I'd be super happy if they gave the EC a good overhaul like it needs.... clean it up... fix a bunch of the missing tiles that are still missing.... Yes I'm talking about those big huge horde minions with the multicolors we can't see in the EC.

Fix all the clipping errors in the EC with my clothes looking silly.

Fix the MASSIVE lag at EM events and when opening any corpse that has gone public. Do something about this lag because right now I"m so extremely ticked off because I honestly can't do squat at the EM events but die and even THAT is lagged out.. it shouldn't take me 10 to 15 seconds to die. Something has got to be done.

I know it's not my PC I'm running a fairly decent PC with a ton of excess ram... I have super high speed internet with a 100meg upload and 25 meg download speed.... it's NOT on my end that I can say for sure. I've checked my speed with Speedtest and whatnot and I'm going great.... other games run smooth as silk but UO is not.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. fix ec
2. rune book that can hold more runes, tired of carrying around 10 runebooks
3. stat stone (like soulstone but for stats)
4. transferable soulstones from player to player, why cant the Bo buy skills from other players.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Remove lower requirements, durability % and self repair from reforging.

Make refinements stackable

Make refinements general purpose. Studded armor, studded samurai armor, etc. Too many types especially when they don't stack. Also harder to get which means they're not going to be used.

Remove random resource spawns. It's only helped scripters and hurt everyone else.

Last edited:

Spock's Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The refinement thing, god.

Nobody wanted it, they pushed it through anyway even though everyone hated it, and surprise, no one uses it. But if you corner Kyronix he'll still pretend someone, somewhere is actually getting use out of it. Just don't look for them on forums or in the game or anything. Just take his word for it.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
House Search Tool.

It should work exactly like the Vendor Search, just helping you to locate specific items in your house. It would only need to search for items within locked down and secure containers.

If you have engraved your containers, it would show the name as well as the exact coordinates on a map.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix the vet guy so we dont have to wait 10min to res simple pets like VVV mounts, normal horses,ostards, etc etc. Raise the price abit while youre at it.
Fix brittle on armour, its way to high, stuff with 255 duribility will more or less last forever.
Fix antique stuff, it breaks way too fast.
Fix VvV so it only works inside active VvV cities.
Fix the annoying bug where nightsight goes on/off while u do lich champ. (it does this even on elfs with)
Fix speedhacking/cheats.
Fix the use of various 3rd party programs.