• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*wipes boots off on the Welcome mat*

Dola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello all,
Long time no see. Came to peek in to see how many faces and names I might still recognize. The twins (my babies) are 7 now and headed into seconded grade and the youngest UO player ever is now 10. I will post pics of the trio when I get a working phone in a couple of weeks. Anyway, Grot & I are playing (as time permits) Neverwinter Online. Yes, it is probably just another interation of some type of WOW game and yes pvp is very limited in scope but Mod 4 has my hopes up for more. I do pvp when I can and as time permits, sadly there are no tamers in NW and there fore I don't have any precious pet dragons or pet Nightmares (my favorite was "My Worst Nightmare").

I can't horde pixel crack like I could UO, there is no housing and bank slots are a precious commodity. So anyone here playing Neverwinter or interested in such a game. Currently our guild is us and our kids (mostly Nolan, our boy twin)

Off to get some sleep before the neighborhood pool opens

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hola Dola.

...the high rolla.
...that likes canola.
and sipping cola while swinging a bola.

Sorry. I'm still susceptible to tangents.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What server ya on, Dola? Been playing NW a lot lately myself. Especially since open world pvp was introduced with the icewind dale module. :)

Dola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your sig Kat.
Spyder, I started on Beholder but the moved EVERYONE over to Dragon and then started a new server for the Russians. So the quick answer is Dragon but I'm willing to bet $100 you are too.

A few of my toons:
Kiera Anklehigh a halfling Trickester Rogue (my primary)
Aliani Windsong an Elf Hunter Ranger (my second favorite)
Oriana Firehorn a Teifling Control Wizard
Dola Stoneheart a Dwarf Great Weapon Fighter
Zinnarath Norloff a half orc Guardian Fighter

I have 2 more slots one I'm saving to make a druid when they add that class.
Our humble guild is Blackbeard's Pirates and all my toons have the guild title Pirate Queen while all of Grot's toons have the title Pirate King

Riz, Wulf, and the rest of you good to see some familar faces. I don't see myself coming back to UO it has been years since I have logged on, and that would mean paying for a subscrition where as with Neverwinter, it is FREE, you might pay for some pixel crack (like a decent speed mount) but you can get by without really doing so

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The white council needs you and Grot back ASAP!!!

Dola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
White Council still exists?! No, I have no plans now or in the future to return, the biggest thing I had tied me to this game is gone and no it was not the cakes, despite what you all might believe. I invite you all to try Neverwinter, no it isn't up to snuff as far as some of what Siege has to offer but it does have some open world pvp and its free so should you decide it is NW is to much of a WOW type game even if it is free, the only thing you've done is expand your horizons and exposure to another MMORPG. I would love to see you some of you perhaps even most of you join us over on Neverwinter. Of course some people that aren't here that I would go over the moon to have in Neverwinter, Wrym, Smo'dis, Mo'gluk, a few of the UND dudes too (even Boz), an old black market theif friend of mine, Brian (pre AOS), Krystal... I could go on.