• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 & EC

• Thread starter HongKongCavalier
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
H

HongKongCavalier

Installed Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 today and unexpectedly got a huge performance increase with the Enhanced Client.

Just wondering if anyone else has installed it and experienced the same boost. The game itself loads much faster, and running through Luna and champ spawns is much quicker with minimal lag or pauses to load/display mobs.

Also, the one and only issue I experienced with Pinco's UI seems to now be gone. Before installing the service pack, the mobiles bar would sometimes freeze or crash the client when displaying 5 or more mobiles. Now the mobiles display immediately as mobs come into view without an issue.

Anyone running Windows 7 without SP1 may want to consider giving it a try.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
64 bit or 32 bit? And how do you know if you've installed service pack 1? I'm assuming I have, but I don't see it in my list of updates.

edit: Ahah! I see I don't have it yet because it hasn't been officially released. I guess I'll wait for that seeing as it is only two days away. Something to look forward to. :)

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The nerd in me couldn't wait - downloading the release candidate and maybe if the gods of computing are merciful, this will fix some of the annoying problems I've been having with the EC lately...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
let us know how it works out for you !

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So far so good. Had a good fight this morning with no health bar issues and no ctd's (those are the two main problems I've been having). No lag issues either.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 has not fixed the problem of my malfunctioning health bar. It got me killed today, for I think the first time.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
It has also not fixed the problem with the crashing. However, I do think I'm experiencing less lag overall.

W

Woodsman

It has also not fixed the problem with the crashing. However, I do think I'm experiencing less lag overall.
I found a place on the Skara docks where the client will crash whether I'm running under Mac OS X/CrossOver, or whether I'm running in a VM with Windows XP, or on a PC running straight-up Windows 7.

I need to ask some others on my shard to go to the same spot and see if it does it for them.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One thing I have noticed is memory usage seems to be down.