• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windows 7 & Enhanced Client...

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just moved to Windows 7 on one machine. All is running well and the classic client works just fine, but the Enhanced Client will patch, but once I press "play" the mouse cursor spins a bit and nothing happens. The UOSA.exe process is running in the task manager. I have checked that the patcher and client are set to run in admin mode and XP SP2 compatibility mode. I have also made sure my Firewall will let the game communication pass. I have yet to make it to the login screen.

Thoughts?

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the EC have the same setup as classic, with two executables? One the patcher, one the client itself?

If you launch the client executable manually, does it do the same thing?

M

mrawdtsi

im running Win 7 on the enhanced client with no issues at all.

it patches fine.

S

Szarwyn

OK. I think I found the culprit (at least in my situation). Find out if you're running an NVidia graphics card. If so, go into Programs and Features (Control Panel) and uninstall the Nvidia Network Manager. It causes some nasty little bugs with the SA client. I know it will fix the issue where the SA Client hangs on login. Let me know if it corrects your issue also.

Szar

S

Szarwyn

Removing the NVidia Network Manager will not cause your PC any harm. You're not removing the driver itself. Its a support program thats more annoying than anything.

-AND-

If you have not updated your drivers (using the same ones Windows 7 installed) you need to. Then uninstall the network manager. Never use the drivers Windows installs if you can help it.

Szar

F

Finagler

Same problem as original post but on Vista Enterprise. No Nvidia card installed. It's too bad too, the SA client is an improvement, too bad it's buggy. To those that say "I have it running on X OS without a problem", that's not actually helpful, unless you have a specific suggestion for the people having a problem.