• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windows 7 and UOAssist

ElvishArcher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any advice from Windows 7 users and UOAssist? It asks me where to install it and I put it on my desktop but as a result it places more than just the normal exe shortcut onto my desktop. I am VERY new with Windows 7 and all I wanted was the shortcut on my desktop like when I had XP. Anyone know the proper place to set this up? I uninstalled UOAssist until I can get the proper method. I know in my case, UOAssist was working perfect the way it was setup but again, I don't want the desktop all cluttered up (forgive my bad shortterm memory, but I think it was the shortcut plus 2 or 3 other items it placed on my desktop).

Any other Windows 7 issues, advice etc regarding UO would be greatly appreciated! Gonna give UO one more chance to get me hooked again. I know Windows 7 with the Classic Client works faster than anyother install I have had to date! Then again the LapTop I just bought is so bloody fast and loaded with RAM that its disgusting lol

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any advice from Windows 7 users and UOAssist? It asks me where to install it and I put it on my desktop but as a result it places more than just the normal exe shortcut onto my desktop. I am VERY new with Windows 7 and all I wanted was the shortcut on my desktop like when I had XP. Anyone know the proper place to set this up? I uninstalled UOAssist until I can get the proper method. I know in my case, UOAssist was working perfect the way it was setup but again, I don't want the desktop all cluttered up (forgive my bad shortterm memory, but I think it was the shortcut plus 2 or 3 other items it placed on my desktop).

Any other Windows 7 issues, advice etc regarding UO would be greatly appreciated! Gonna give UO one more chance to get me hooked again. I know Windows 7 with the Classic Client works faster than anyother install I have had to date! Then again the LapTop I just bought is so bloody fast and loaded with RAM that its disgusting lol
Just put it in the default directory it offers - it still puts the icon on your desktop - don't forget to run the install as administrator, and once installed, right click your desktop icon, go to properties, and set it to run as administrator automatically. It will work without doing so, but gets quirky if you try to change chars without re-starting the program.