• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Windowed Mode

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just switched from fullscreen to windowed. I have a 16:9 monitor and I wanted the window to fill the left half of the screen. Usually that's a relatively easy task with windows 7, since you just have do press Windows-CursorLeft.

The window got half the width of my screen but to my surprise the height adjusted itself so that the window had a 4:3 aspect ratio and furthermore it centered itself to my screen. WTF?

So I tried to resize it manually, but it is simply not possible. The window can be resized to a 1:1 ratio, but as soon as the height becomes bigger than the width, the window snaps back to a 4:3 ratio and centers itself at the screen. But on the other half the width can become as big as possible. What for? What's the point? Why the restrictions?

Additionally the UI gets scaled down. "User settings -> Options -> UI Scale" still shows 1.0 and is at max. I don't want this to happen automatically. And why don't we have any control over it?

Is this a cruel joke of the devs?

Ned888

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have the same sized monitor... i'll have to give that a try and see if I have the same problem. I'll let you know tomorrow!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just double clicked the title bar of the window to get it to full sized windowed mode, then turned off said title bar in the UO options. Works fine for me... gives me effectively full-screen settings, but without having to alt-tab out to go to another window.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I just double clicked the title bar of the window to get it to full sized windowed mode, then turned off said title bar in the UO options. Works fine for me... gives me effectively full-screen settings, but without having to alt-tab out to go to another window.
Actually that's my preferred setting, because I like to have the effect of a full screen, but without the disadvantages of a separate mode. But you completely misunderstood my post. I'm talking about moving the client window either to the LEFT or the RIGHT HALF of the screen.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that's my preferred setting, because I like to have the effect of a full screen, but without the disadvantages of a separate mode. But you completely misunderstood my post. I'm talking about moving the client window either to the LEFT or the RIGHT HALF of the screen.
it doesnt seem to be possible.. when i try to move the window to the left it either will sit 800x600 in top left or right or in the middle 800x600..
it seems to be snapped in that position, this is with windows 7.

there are bugs in the game tho if you dont run the window at max size.
sometimes the object handles are overlapping.. you end up picking up stuff you dont mean to.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can't find the option in the enhanced client to disable the title bar, where is it located?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
User Settings -> Graphics -> Show Window Frame

but if you maximize the window first, you will have a hole on the top where there was the window title :D