• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Willing to help new/returning players!!

• Thread starter T_Amon_from_work
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
T

T_Amon_from_work

Hello everyone and welcome to the new and improved version of the "New Players Helpers" thread.

This thread is destined exclusively for helper's information, all other posts will be deleted, so if you want to comment or ask a question please do it via PM or in a separate thread.

Dear Helpers - please post relevant information in orderly fashion - what shard are you on, what are your characters, your guild, where can you be found and what's your area of expertise in UO.
Please include your online contacts and make sure you accept PMs on Stratics (unless you specifically ask not to use PMs).

Thank you for your help!! :thumbsup:

Please note: If you no longer play, please remove your post or ask to have it removed.

Our friend Grog (Brother's Grog) passed away, but his post stays, in memorium.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Originally posted by user Brothers_Grog:
===
Catskills
Grog (5) or Cayenne (1), all of grog guild (GRO).
Crafters of all sorts. As with Grifty some odd skills; Merchant, Chef, Beggar. In the past eldered all melee skills on one Grog (GL) and have GMed magery many times on many characters. GMed a crafter on Siege and a Begger/Tamer (0 magery or fighting skills) on Legends.

I play differently than most. I can help those who want to have fun without following the crowd.

Look for grog guild (GRO) on Catskills... or a variety of other shards when the mood strikes me.

Grog UO rule #1: Have fun!

===

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady Rachel
Atlantic Shard
Willing to help new players/returning vets.
Shop coordinates on Sig below.
It may be hard to catch me in game. I am usually on the go when I am playing. Not much of a sitter.
You can PM me here and I can arrange to meet you somewhere.
Area of expertise??? Now that is a hard one.
Guess it would have to be Rune books, and spellbooks.
But I wield a mean needle too!
I can walk you through the basics and will patiently answer any question about the game you may have. If I don't know the answer I will do my best to find it.

I started listing all my skills on my chars..too long!
Legendary to GM in most Skills, excluding Taming.
*has a passion for Daemon hunting*

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills Shard
Chars: Black Sun, Corran, Guri, Jacen, Alex Kanebridge, Raven Blackmoore, Gordon Ramsay

Legandary Smith, other Skills at GM or above are Swords, Parry, Magery, Eval, Tailoring, Cooking, Bowcraft, Carpentry, Mining, Arms Lore, Healing, Anatomy, Tactics, Alchemy, Music, Inscription, Taming, Animal Lore, Lockpicking, Hiding. Close to, or below GM in many others. Currently training up Archery, Stealth, Lumberjacking, Chivalry, Fishing and working on getting to Legendary in Tailoring.

I can usually be found either in Luna or at my shop outside Destard (See sig below). Always available via ICQ (27820983) or PM here. Even when not playing UO.

I've played on and off since 2000, fair knowledge of most everything in UO. If I don't have the answer, I can usually find it for you. Always willing to help out a new player, either by going over basics with them, or getting them outfitted to give them a leg up, or both and then some. I find I really enjoy the feeling I get by crafting a nice suit of armor and some weapons and helping out someone who's new. Most of my chars are affiliated with SCB (Senior Citizens of Britiannia), but not all of them.

Lucius1997

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings. My name is Lucius, and my home shard is Great Lakes. I've been playing UO since October 1997, and as such my "area of expertise" is pretty vast. I have a range of characters, have developed numerous accounts, and actively PvM as well as PvP. I also enjoy crafting a great deal. I've GM'd+ every (useful) skill numerous times (and even a few of the useless ones).

First, I just wanted to offer a "New Player" Guide that I've created and posted on my blog, here. Hopefully it will help some to get their foot in the door, or re-established.

Feel free to check that out, or shoot me a PM. I also have ICQ: 419179199

Take Care & Good Luck!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiya

I'm Cailleach Bheaur (Cail)
Shard is Europa, guild is Saor

We're here specifically to help new and returning players. We can help you set up and will help out with armour, template and training advice. I've been playing for 2yrs, and we have others in the guild who are vets. We have, between us, a large amount of game knowledge, across all sorts of different skills, that we're happy to share. Even if you're not looking for a guild, feel free to give us a shout as we can still help you get settled :)

In game, just grab someone with the SAOR guild tag. You can also PM me here or add me to icq on 451 321 008 :)

S

Sebastian Wier

What I'm asking I guess is what do I need to get back into the game? Where can I download the clients? Thanks

B

Beer_Cayse

I believe if you go here you can download the Mondains Legacy 2D client. If you have an account that is NOT ML registered, this will still be playable (after patching).

Doing this, ML content may not be 100% available but you can get back in the game with it. There is a link off this page for purchasing the ML upgrade code via the store.

Then there is KR as has been noted ... many do like it. And it offers some functionality that UO Assist does for the 2D client.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Name is the same as my signature. I am on the Atlantic shard. I am always on the go when I am in game. Best bet for you is to leave a PM on here.
Willing to help any new and returning players.

My specific area of expertise is tough to pin down. I have done everything that can possibly be done in game.

I would say a good expertise I have is hunting spots/locations and template setup.

Feel free to PM is you have a question or need assistance.

D

Dragonchilde

Dragon's Watch (DWxC) is always open and welcoming to new players. We're one of the oldest and largest guilds on Chesapeake, with a strong, helpful, close community and a player-run city based in Felucca (visiting fel is strictly optional!) We're not a PvP guild, but you can find someone doing just about anything else anytime! Taming, crafting, PvM, champs, treasure hunts, guild events, EM events, roleplaying... we do it all! We welcome new players, and there's no obligation to stay. If you decide to leave the guild and move on, you go with our blessing!

We can be found in Haven just about any night of the week, and always on Wednesdays (we have a community craft night at the New Haven smithy starting at 8 EST) so please, look us up!

K

kemistry

Not sure which programme I will use to communicate, I have a 156th month old account and am returning to learn of what I have missed and reminice .
  • Europa
  • Not a noob but returning only yesterday!
  • max skill 85 swordsmanship
  • dungeon crawls/exploration/guild adventures and rp
  • GMT London/Edinburgh

kemistry in occlo

Kodiak047

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am doing Humility Quest for Virtue Armor Clock ant it asks for a village cauldron. Where do I get that ?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Look at the quest - it lists several cities in both Trammel & Fel.

While wearing the cloak the NPC gave you, you go to each city. The NPCs for the quest will recognize you, and tell you what they are looking for, and what item they will trade for it.

From there, it's a simple puzzle.

It is random for each player, but can be completed in all possible variations.

IIRC, you start with one of the items (an iron ring? Been a while).
You go around and find the person that wants your item, and they will give you their item in return.
You now go to the remaining NPCs for the quest, to locate the one that wants your current item.
The last step will always be the one that gives you the item the quest NPC asked for (a chain, I believe). You take it back to him, to complete the quest.

Do remember to REJECT his offer of a reward - otherwise you'll have blown the quest and it can only be done once per character.

After you reject the reward, you are told to go meditate at the Humility shrine. When you do so, saying the mantra for that shrine, the cloak you wore around to be identified by the item-swapping NPCs will turn into the cloak of humility.

Lightning 1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Chesapeake DWxC (Dragon's Watch) is an excellent guild. If you wish, you can be directed to a new town of Oasis in Malas on Chesapeake. It is a place where you can be brought up to speed in numerous critical things, and learn much that you need, in an hour. You will get essential armor and weapons and help at finding a guild in the Guild Hall, where several guilds have prepared descriptive material for you to peruse at your leisure. Ask someone to direct you to Oasis. Leave your name on the bulletin board at the 3 story white house with the Mayors Office sign on the porch. After that we can get you n contact with DWxC or whomever.

TothAmon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
New and returning Players to europa UO shard, i want to have the Honore to invite you to my Web tavern UO ,with subscribed Forum and Voice chat.
i have hopefully made it new player frendly, so you can get a heads up about the game & maybe find yourself a Guild after your playstyle and likings:) before Playing.
all is more then Welcome

Link to the Seawolf Tavern: Forum For the Nation Europa shard Players
http://seawolftavern.guildlaunch.com/recruiting/create_apply.php?gid=364843

Seawolf voice chat Uo europa nation Comunication channels,Guild leaders pm me for Pasworded Guild channels,
https://www.gamevox.com/ZGRS-8CD

There is a Link in the Tavern web site to aply to HLP Help learn & play Guild!
you are more then welcome there aswel,im a Senior officer of HLP Myself and Proud of it to!

Mongbat Puck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Mongbat Puck on
Atlantic shard
I'm only a chef with some magery, but I can point anyone toward those in the know.
I get a kick out of helping new players, and can get them started with spellbooks, runebooks to travel, basic armor, jewelry, weapons, directions to skill trainers, and runes to my favorite vendor shops. Look for me running my pizza booth as you enter New Haven. Come on in, the adventures are waiting!

Waxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hello everybody,

i can offer help on Drachenfels (i speak German and English)
i am able to cover the following topics:
- skill training
- crafting (all skills, reforging) basic suits and weapon, advanced tailored suits and weapons for specific characters.
- hunting guidelines (melee fighting, mage, t-hunter)
- Guilds: W13 (Die Wilde 13) & a workers guild.
- my Characters: Nero, Waxx, Finley Grant, Mr Scarface, Donie Brasco, Irilia Windtanz, Malagant, Umesaburo, Dexter MaCallen
- you can reach me via ICQ or ingame in general chat.

i will try to answer all you question and help you with the early steps.

Cheers,
Waxx