• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will this template work??

SouljaSlim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am just returning and have not played since Mysticism was introduced and thought it might be fun to have on a bard. My concern is this template my not allow me enough mana regen to be useful. I am just looking for a fun high end pvm farmer. Let me know what you think or what you would change. I appreciate the info.

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Mystic
120 Focus
60 Magery + 30 on gear - ( 90 total)
60 Meditation

OR

100 Magery
20 Med + Jeweled for Med (50 Med)

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
that should be a nice template. the first one.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Provo and Mystic might be a little redundant... Not saying it wouldn't work, but you might get more bang out of something like spellweaving instead of provoke. My personal experience is that there are few things I fight that a RC doesn't take down pretty quick once it is discorded except boss level mobs... And there isn't usually anything around to be very effective to be provoked (like peerless are alone so provoke is useless). The bardsong could provide an extra boost to damage, but a level 6 WOD prolly does more in 1 or 2 spells than the extra SDI from the bardsong would boost your mystic offensive spell damage.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Having Provoke will also boost the Discord mastery damage at a more sustained mana cost. However, you don't have any melee defense with that setup, unless you rely on a Mage weapon with -0 and even then it'd only be 90. Might not seem important but consider how often you're getting hit and having to spend time healing yourself/getting your spellsongs interrupted (damage will stop them). Thinking of this in terms of against a low level peerless such as Medusa which a Mystic/Discorder is otherwise perfect for.

Or in other words I'd go 120 Magery and forget Med, make the suit non medable 55 LMC with 30 MR and you should be great.

SouljaSlim

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is it possible to get Luck - LMC - LRC and MR on my non med suit. I wasnt around when imbuing/etc was introduced either.

Thanks you guys for the advice

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a mystic/bard with:

120 Music/Peace/Provo/Disco
120 Mystic 90+30
120 Focus 90+30
90 Magery 60+30

The bard skills are real skill for masteries. The main purpose of the character is to get in stone form, disco the beastie, run peace masteries and drop the occasional cleansing wind on my party. I've recently started playing the character on it's own and it works pretty well. Disco the mob, drop a colossus and then hit with both disco masteries. The damage is pretty insane at 4x120 bard skills since Tribulation will proc off of the Despair damage as well as the colossus damage and slayer instruments increase Despair damage. I use a studded suit for 55% lmc and currently have 26 mana regen and 50 mana increase, mana generally isn't an issue.

As far as your suit goes, check out knuckleheads imbuing calculator (google it) but yes, you can imbue up to five properties on a piece of armor. If you're trying to get really high luck (190 per piece) you'll need to reforge them first and it'll force you to lower other properties but 140 luck per piece (imbue 100+enhance with spined using forged metal tool) would be a reasonable compromise.

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Are you running all 90 skill on your jewelry all the time or do you swap in and out? Why the 90 magery at all? Seems like you might be better served with something else, though I admit, I'm not sure what.

codemonkey84

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This post is a few months old so you may not get a reply.

But I would speculate that with 90 magery it still functions as a good utility. Gates, invisibiltiy, mind blast, ressurection etc...

Most other skills don't have any real benefit at 90 skill though. Some that do
- Meditation might be useful if you don't have the gear to keep up mana
- Hiding might be useful as an "oh crap" option
- Necro + Spirit Speak mana regen mainly

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I have a similar template:

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Mystic
70 Focus*
100 Meditation
70 Magery*

*I have a significant amount of Magery and Focus on jewels and equipped items. My modified Focus is 120 and modified Magery is 95.

I wanted to have my bard skills all natural to get the mastery bonuses and assistance with the mana usage. I don't care much for Peacemaking, so I left that bard skill off. Additionally with the high focus and meditation, I pretty much never run out of mana on this toon, even when playing the beneficial songs for large parties. I use Mysticism as my main combat skill and Magery for some of the utility spells like heal, bless, cure, gating, etc.

Toon is great for farming exodus keys and just over all general crowd control.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
YOu don't run the disco mastery to do damage too? Do you use this character to solo stuff?

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
YOu don't run the disco mastery to do damage too? Do you use this character to solo stuff?
Presuming this reply was to me, yes I do use disco mastery for damage as well depending on what I am fighting. Typically used for monsters with higher hit points. In the example I gave in previous post, I said I used this toon to farm Exodus quite a bit. I would use the disco mastery on the Juggernauts, Champions and Exodus Minion Lords but not necessarily the lesser Exodus monsters.

I've solo farmed a few different spawns or keys, but I don't solo fight any large bosses on this toon. I typically perform better in a crowd control and utility role within a larger group on this toon.. i.e., running the bard songs, using provo on mobs to alleviate monsters following around other teammates, trying to disco higher end mobs the party is fighting (especially bosses) and so on...

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just returning and have not played since Mysticism was introduced and thought it might be fun to have on a bard. My concern is this template my not allow me enough mana regen to be useful. I am just looking for a fun high end pvm farmer. Let me know what you think or what you would change. I appreciate the info.

120 Music
120 Disco
120 Provo
120 Mystic
120 Focus
60 Magery + 30 on gear - ( 90 total)
60 Meditation

OR

100 Magery
20 Med + Jeweled for Med (50 Med)
I run
120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 Music
120 Peace
120 Meditation
100 Magery
Depending on where I am at i run peacemaking with uo assist and cast RC's with support from other mysticism spells, The magery is mostly for not fizzling on invisibility, gate travel and the occasional greater heal. This temp works well for champ spawns i have found out.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
This temp works well for champ spawns i have found out.
How long does it take you to do Baracoon? My personal best with my vampire paladin template is 36 minutes (Fel) from the time I sacred journey to the door, kill him, collect all the gold, and make it back to the bank.

The flip side of this, however, is that my character either can't, or it would take me a few hours to, clear the Oaks spawn in T2A. I keep waiting on a 120 archery scroll so that I can swap swords for archery and go run that a few times...

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How long does it take you to do Baracoon? My personal best with my vampire paladin template is 36 minutes (Fel) from the time I sacred journey to the door, kill him, collect all the gold, and make it back to the bank.

The flip side of this, however, is that my character either can't, or it would take me a few hours to, clear the Oaks spawn in T2A. I keep waiting on a 120 archery scroll so that I can swap swords for archery and go run that a few times...
I should have said this template is good for clearing champ spawns. I also use a nox mage mystic for this purpose as well, the poison fields are highly effective for lower level spawn. i clear with these templates and get my samp or abc archer to kill barracoon. Coon always seems to dispel my ev's. I also struggle with Oaks as well.

Last edited: