• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

will there ever be a way to clear cache from inside the game?

S

Sims2

just thought if it would be possibile if there would be some way to click clear

cache from in the game. would delete it from the folders automatically.

i do not mind doing it but it was a lot of cache from itme i had looke dat etc in

those folders took ahile to clear it all out. if this would not work than

ok just a suggestion. i know others games have this.

what are your thoughts? <font color="orange"> </font>
]

G

<blockquote><hr>

just thought if it would be possibile if there would be some way to click clear

cache from in the game. would delete it from the folders automatically.

i do not mind doing it but it was a lot of cache from itme i had looke dat etc in

those folders took ahile to clear it all out. if this would not work than

ok just a suggestion. i know others games have this.

what are your thoughts? <font color="orange"> </font>
]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I understand.....was there no option to Select All and then send them all at once to the Recycle Bin? Depending on the number of files and your amount of RAM (connection speed wouldn't matter since that's an offline function but RAM and processor speeds would) it would take varying amounts of time, but whether done in-game or out it seems like it would take the same amount of effort since its only a couple mouse clicks either way, and if it were possible to do it while in the game I bet it would lag the crap out of your game, and maybe even the whole lot even. Also since the game has to be restarted before the changes will take affect according to Gracie's post, I'm not sure that being able to do it in game would work. If it would, that's something they can look at after the deadline passes and they have more time to work on things that don't affect gameplay and/or connectivity issues, but for the immediate future I think their time is monopolized with moves, merges and fixing the various issues that come up with folks being locked out of game and/or properties en masse, at all.

If the User Interface board is still up you might post this suggestion there though as something to look at after that time passes in a few months

S

Sims2

nope i did not see an option to send them there all at once

but if this would lag the game than no i would not want it either

G

<blockquote><hr>

nope i did not see an option to send them there all at once

but if this would lag the game than no i would not want it either

[/ QUOTE ]

When you accessed the folder you should see at the top the word Edit and then under that Select All, this would highlight all the files, and then you right-click on any part of that blue area and Send to Recycle Bin, and one by one the files should start going to the recycle bin. This would keep you from having to delete each file separately, which yes, would equal alot of mouse clicks.

N

NightFlyer

I think the OP's point is we shouldn't have to do this to play the game as intended. CC and all.

I, for one, hope EA changes this aspect of the game soon. Sure, it isn't all that difficult to do, but why should we have to do it at all?

And how many players will just get frustrated with it (one more thing to be frustrated with I might add) and just say "Forget this! I can go play XXX and not have to start mucking about in game files!" or don't even know because they don't follow stratics?

S

Sims2

I think the OP's point is we shouldn't have to do this to play the game as intended. CC and all.

I, for one, hope EA changes this aspect of the game soon. Sure, it isn't all that difficult to do, but why should we have to do it at all?

And how many players will just get frustrated with it (one more thing to be frustrated with I might add) and just say "Forget this! I can go play XXX and not have to start mucking about in game files!" or don't even know because they don't follow stratics?

Post Extras:

No sorry but that was not my point at all i like the custom content and as i said

i do not mind deleting that stuff at all was just making a suggestion

to get people's thought on this that is all this post was not to bash custom

content at all i all the devs are doing a great job they are doing

there best to get merge done and also keeping the game running

smoothly and also with all the great things they are giving us to do

like scavnger hunt they had sometimes a bonus increase in skill speed

and the lava lamp card trade thing is good. keep up the good work with the

game devs you are doing a great job. please don't make this in to a bash

Ealand and the new things in game.

S

Sims2

When you accessed the folder you should see at the top the word Edit and then under that Select All, this would highlight all the files, and then you right-click on any part of that blue area and Send to Recycle Bin, and one by one the files should start going to the recycle bin. This would keep you from having to delete each file separately, which yes, would equal alot of mouse clicks.

I was not clicking them seperate my way was to highlight and scroll til i got them

all that took forever.

Thanks For Posting This Works Great. Thanks For Your Help.

Turned This Into a Helpful post. i did not know to do select all maybe

some others did not either not sure anyway thanks.

M

mameloot

In your original post, I think you were asking if it was going to be possible to do it while playing the game.

Who knows what may happen eventually, but for now that wouldn't work, because you'd have to close the game and restart it to benefit from the cleaned files.

However, one extra suggestion for speeding up the process...
I put a shortcut to the file on my desktop, so every day, after logging off I can just click on the shortcut and empty that file without having to go through a bunch of other folders to find it.

to make a shortcut:
Next time you go into the file, before you open the last folder with all the CC files in it, RIGHT CLICK on it and select "Create Shortcut." It will place a shortcut icon in the file your're currently in. Just click &amp; drag that icon onto your desk top. From then on, you can just double click the shortcut, and it'll take you directly to your CC folder for cleaning.

For the whiners
I know cleaning out the CC folder every few days is a slight inconvenience. But we've been begging for CC on this game since day one. It's roadblocks like this chache cleaning problem that have made it take so long to get it. I for one don't mind having to do a little maintenance if it means growth for the game.

This is an environment under construction - never ending. It's not that hard to clean the cache. If you don't like it, don't do it and stay away from CC and ignore items that don't load. We will one day not have to go through the process, I'm sure that some day they'll come up with a better way...but then there'll be some other issue to deal with. That's the nature of this always changing game.

If a mother had to give birth to a fully grown person who is educated, well-adjusted, ready to support themselves and never needing care...there would be no children born. You've got to change a few diapers, bandage scraped knees, &amp; ground them for flunking algebra along the way.

OK...I feel better now