• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will the Dev Team Ever do anything about Felucca?

MadTexan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean getting more people to go there, then you are out of luck. They missed a golden opportunity when they introduced powerscrolls. They should have tied them to the account that got the scoll. made them unable to be transfered in anyway to another account. This would have required people to have to come and do the spawns if they wanted scrolls. This would have gotten more people doing the spawns. More people in Felucca.

Some of the large raiding guilds or guilds that do the spawns to sell the scrolls would be out buisness as far as selling the scolls though. There is always a trade off.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you mean getting more people to go there, then you are out of luck. They missed a golden opportunity when they introduced powerscrolls. They should have tied them to the account that got the scoll. made them unable to be transfered in anyway to another account. This would have required people to have to come and do the spawns if they wanted scrolls. This would have gotten more people doing the spawns. More people in Felucca.

Some of the large raiding guilds or guilds that do the spawns to sell the scrolls would be out buisness as far as selling the scolls though. There is always a trade off.
that's like anti-NAFTA or something...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

That would really suck on more than just the level the above poster mentioned...I mean seriously what other than being a worthless crate/arty thief would be left for the Thief profession? Seriously I enjoy trying to snatch scrolls at spawns it's fun, I get chased, I get away sometimes others I don't...it's the only profession left that's got any symbolic reference to what UO used to be when it was skill and wits not Items and Cheats. Seriously you can use items to get High Stealing but if you don't know how to play the cards right your lost and it's the only one where 6 vs 1 is fair odds.

MadTexan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That would really suck on more than just the level the above poster mentioned...I mean seriously what other than being a worthless crate/arty thief would be left for the Thief profession? Seriously I enjoy trying to snatch scrolls at spawns it's fun, I get chased, I get away sometimes others I don't...it's the only profession left that's got any symbolic reference to what UO used to be when it was skill and wits not Items and Cheats. Seriously you can use items to get High Stealing but if you don't know how to play the cards right your lost and it's the only one where 6 vs 1 is fair odds.
Then it obviously appears that you want your cake and eat it too. Either that or you people don't want Felucca re-populated as much as you say you do. I told you there was a trade off. You are just not willing to compromise, but I really didn't expect it anyway.

D

D'Amavir

Then it obviously appears that you want your cake and eat it too. Either that or you people don't want Felucca re-populated as much as you say you do. I told you there was a trade off. You are just not willing to compromise, but I really didn't expect it anyway.
Where is the compromise? Honestly, I am trying to see it. If you take away the ability to sell, trade or steal scrolls (and I am not saying that making them account based is a 100% bad idea mind you) what are the benefits to thieves? In order for it to be a compromise there would have to be benefits to both sides. Granted, it doesn't mean that everyone gets everything they want. But its not really a compromise if only one side gets what they want.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Where is the compromise? Honestly, I am trying to see it. If you take away the ability to sell, trade or steal scrolls (and I am not saying that making them account based is a 100% bad idea mind you) what are the benefits to thieves? In order for it to be a compromise there would have to be benefits to both sides. Granted, it doesn't mean that everyone gets everything they want. But its not really a compromise if only one side gets what they want.
Exactly...Thieves have been nerfed to hades and back on every shard except Siege with how Passive Reveal works and Insurance...Why have a Thief Skill set if it's simply to collect "Deco" items.

C

Canucklehead73

^^^wowa. lol

Maybe if Felucca wasn't infested with a bunch of jerk griefers and cheaters some of which may be sociopathic, then maybe it would be a more fun place and we would actually get more stuff.

I now think they should just put all the powerscrolls in trammel. Might aswell since the only way to get some of those 120's is to be in an elite guild who think they are Gods gift and that their poopoo doesn't stink. :talktothehand:

why are the felucca guys jerks? why are they all cheaters? Most of them aren't actually. U guys just think they 'must' cheat because they own u. Fel is a fun place, it's just the current playerbase are total care bears who think death on uo is worse than cancer irl.

Putting powerscrolls in trammel would further worsen UO's problem. Don't u trams understand that your purpose for playing uo is hoarding items? If they put them in tram, you'd all get the 120 ps's instantly and be bored.....

You don't need to be in an elite guild at all to get scrolls, just have a clue on how to spawn first - i.e i 2 man rat spawns in under 15 minutes (champ and all) - use a soul seeker and vermin talisman and make sure you're not in war mode, by running and pressing 'alt' & 'p' at the same time, you rubber band, causing EVERY unflagged monster to attack u. Then use a protector with necro to corpse/heal while a dexer hits coon.
Uhmmm... Your not going to win that argument by being an insulting jerk and generalising all trammel players as carebear item hoarders... Your just proving thier point really. :thumbsup:

And then say fel players don't cheat and proceed to describe how you basically use game mechanics to cheat/exploit and get scrolls... :coco:

You can't win arguments by being hypocritcal.

T

T_Amon_from_work

I'm just being a smarty-pants ...

Q. Will the Dev Team Ever do anything about Felucca?
A. Like shut it down and tell them all to play Siege?

End of smarty-pants stuff ...

Actually I haven't been to Fel since Age of Stuffs happened, but from all reports in the recent years, it does seem as the quality of Fel resident has dropped somewhat. I know that when I played in the pre-Tram days, the RED folks what whacked my butt at least a) offered a rez, b) rarely rez-killed, c) often gave pointers on how to better my fighting and many times d) returned at least some of my stuff.

Todays reports indicate that mainly that does not seem to happen ... <shrug> Just a "Trammie" observation - I freely admit I dirtnap more than not in PvP.

A

Asahina Yajinden

you'd think the feluccians would get bored killing each other and want some new blood..
ok everone know's home field advantge is where it's at....
powerscrolls only spawn in fell....

we could debate for a yr endlessly on how to balance things.. what are the main issues

.1 if you live in tram and your not in a guild you lets be realistic u are alone... going to fell is not a wise move where say 2-3 close knit friends just eager to kill you on sight just happen to be waiting for you. and they are calling targets in chat so why even go to fell?

.2 if powerscrolls only sapwn there u pay luna prices or u take a chance... and die... not only die but if your gear is any good even though it's insured somehow it disapears ( it happens due to your fault, cheats what have you)
so why go .....EA support is more like the worst pre recorded statement merry go round we will look into it but we cannot return items or anything lost.

so yet again why go?

i have heard the prropaganda spewed forth from a guild wich will remain nameless.. it's all about the PVP .....yeah that's why they raided 3 char's just barely scraping by. (6 on 3)
if all the scrolls were in tram spawns would red's venture forth?
if u think about it why are the murderers and thieves rewarded for their deeds w/ scrolls?
the virtues are so messed up but thats another debate..

ok if i had the advantage and i lived in fell i'd try to lure in some new blood..bring your best 3 and we'll go.. see who wins but no it's not like that and thats my 2 cents ......flame, whine whatever..
just do somthing..

B

Bama

wanna fix Fel?

Humm
1st get SA up and running, supposedly this gets rid of all the open source code hacks that alot, not all but damn sure the majority in Fel on my shard use.

2nd Get rid of all guard zones in Fel, no gate guards no town guards nothing.

3rd (and Im way guilty of this) If you atk someone from a house it auto boots you from the house to the yard.

4th get rid of insurance in Fel.

5th instal a dueling pit, charge gold give half gold to winner, other half gold sink. when they enter pit they get choice of mage suit or dexer suit according to their choice. So no leet gear can be worn. the its all skill and thrill no one gets owned by someones suit or leet wepon. post winners and matches on BB so people can see who is the best, maybe a title or something.

Those of us who play fel 90% of the time do not want it messed with anymore, no more safer BS, Its the bad lands. If the cheats and hacks are gone people will come back.
To those that think dupping and scripting are harmless GFY....The ecoomy is not better its worse, a bow 250 mil..... if people didnt script and cheat or buy it how do they get that much gold for one weapon? people running around in Val suits that are Godly, dupped hammers, hard to kill those guys. I see a guy kill a Super dragon in 4 hits, not once but many times with his 6 property bow, 4 properties 50%. Where the heck does that come from ? Same guy hits a fencer120 /parry 120 in a full 70 suit hp 137, kills him one hit. Something is wrong and no one is doing anything about it. I want
the cheaters gone and banned, if that means the game dies because so many people get booted so be it. i would rather thay shut the servers down that let it go as it is unchecked.

STOP TRYIN TO MAKE FEL TRAM, ITS NOT IF YOU WANT TRAM GO THERE STAY OUT OF FEL IF YOU DONT WANT TO DIE.

B

Briansho

i guess it is nothing the devs can do - it seems to me that only the player base could do something.

i mean, i am a 4+ years player, young so to speak, and i did not experience the "good 'ol days of UO", but all i hear is about people standing together and defending their lifes and goods against attackers.
now, as long as this playstyle is not lived in fel again, raiding PK's will always prevent people from "living" in fel instead of recalling in, grabbing the valuables and recalling out.
in the very beginning of my life in UO, i desperately hated fel for being killed for no reason on a regular basis by people i never met before and never did any harm to. *points to nickname*
now my opinion has changed: like tram is the beginners world, fel is the advanced path. you can not be lured to this path by any tempting rewards. going to fel for achieving goods only will never give you a game experience you want to have over and over again. and that is needed to live in fel. love the challenge, not the gold, resources or what ever.
and for sure it is much more difficult for the after-work solo player to get a positive game experience when going to fel, because he will have a hard time fighting a pk alone. for living in fel, you need *double underlined* friends and teamwork. but that does not come easy and in our fast turning gimme-gimme world, where only few people are willing to invest time and resource in this.
these are the current citizens of fel, probably a species threatened by extinction ....

frankly, my view of fel was changed by a vet fel player, who took me by the hand and helped me with my first steps, took me off the ground again, wiped the dirt of my face and helped me with the next attempt over and over. *bows*
that is, how fel can be "fixed", not by any code change in the software.
I am a vet who had played since the beginning. There were a good amount of PKers but people who really came together formed really strong bonds and friendships to protect each other. There were always numerous ways to deal with PKers or to avoid them. There was just as many people doing good as there were running around killing people. There was a stronger sense of community and people really connected when they worked together. You remembered someone who helped you and saw them at the bank, instead of seeing the same people at the bank every night not moving or talking. The scene was more robust back then and had a more solid Ultima feel to it. There weren't tons of houses crammed in every corner everywhere with items stacked into the clouds with 15 empty vendors out front. People actually created a really good consistent economy and you were famous for the items you could create. Seeing someone with a title on their paper doll really meant something and there weren't that many Grandmaster anything back in the day.

Just when things were starting to take shape Richard Garriot jumps ship and the new people started listening to the ones who whined the most.