• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] will i ever be able to go full screen or max window on 1280x800?

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on my laptop i have to drop my screen size to 1280x768. to get the game to fit in the screen.

i cant play because the mouse is about 1/4 inch away from the area i am clicking..

im not sure how to fix this. on my desktop the screen is 1440x900 and works fine..

csagent108

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
on my laptop i have to drop my screen size to 1280x768. to get the game to fit in the screen.

i cant play because the mouse is about 1/4 inch away from the area i am clicking..

im not sure how to fix this. on my desktop the screen is 1440x900 and works fine..
I have this same issue with my mouse pointer not lining up where it needs to be. The client seems to run ok and I wish I could use it because I like the new features. I have to hover my mouse about 1/8 to 1/4 inch below the icon, button, or item I need in order for it to highlight and be clickable. Totally unplayable. I thought I was the only one with this problem.

From what you said, I also think it may be an issue with my resolution. I use a laptop with a 12 inch screen and also am running 1280x800. Not ideal for gaming, I know, but I travel a lot so this will be my only computer. So for now all I can use is the legacy client. Hopefully there's a way to fix it.

C

Cloak&Dagger

The problem is the aspect ratio, I think somewhere in one of the SA files is a place you can change the aspect ratio.

J

JPDefault

Initially I had the same problem (my laptop runs at 1280x800 too), but I fixed it by disabling the window frame from the options menu.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious, when you say full screen are you meaning Full Screen as in hitting Alt+Enter and having no boarders?

OR

Are you meaning Full Screen as in hitting the ICON that maximizes the screen.

If it is the latter then one of the EA/Mythic people were looking/asking if the Border being on was causing the mouse to be offset. Which is what JPDefault is addressing.

Willard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had the same problem. By setting to Full Screen and No window frames it worked correctly.
The enhanced client takes some getting used to,,but once you figure it out--it is a real pleasure to use and so much more functional than the clasic client.