• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Will be absent

Baron Arkon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This next week I will not be around much in game, but for those in Yew that have worked hard in helping me set up events I will get them up on here soon.

With the disaster in my immediate area, water levels have reached 25 to 30 feet or more in some areas. We have a known 38 dead and 100+ still missing, up to 1000 homes destroyed in the counties around. Since me and my group work midnights regularly, we will be handling midnight rescues and searches. ICQ is on my phone, and anyone that needs to get me can reach me via that way or via facebook.

Baron Arkon

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say thank you to those who have been understanding during the last few weeks. For those that have not heard, we experienced a flooding disaster in our area, in which many have died, many more unaccounted for, and more than that are homeless.

Each time we hear a bit of good news, those we thought were dead being found alive, we come across worse news ... finding another had died.
Me and my crew are enlisted military, LEOs, or veterans, and we have been going around the local areas helping in the disaster relief as best we could. From shoveling out waist deep mud from peoples houses, to rebuilding local churches and schools.

I'm very sorry I have not been in game to do the events I had planned the last two weeks, and I have not been very attentive to my guild mates or city itself. After 10 hours of shoveling mud and walking the broken streets, once I get home I've been far to exhausted to even log in.

After the incident a few days ago, however, it put things to a different light. A man on our crew found his missing wife after days of searching. And since then I have spent the last few days with my own wife and kids, spending what quality time I could before I return to my normal work / gaming schedule. To those that have a family, never take them for granted. You never know what disaster or chaos may just rip them from you. This series of storms hit us by surprise. It turned 4 to 6 inch streams into raging rivers, Homes on the tops of hills far from water sources into ruined mud slides at the bottom. One never knows what tomorrow may bring.

However, This week I will get with each of those in Yew I can, and we will put together a new schedule and post it for upcoming events to cover the rest of the summer and into the fall / winter.

Again, thank you very much to those that have been patient with me in this.

For those that wish to help, there is a gofund me page set up at: Click here to support West Virginia Flood Relief by Brad Paisley - and many have given to the red cross that have been lending aid in repairing buildings as they have been cleared and distributing water, clothing and food to both volunteer crews and disaster victims.

For context and those that have not been aware, below I have placed some photos taken by myself, my crew or have been sent to me from other sources.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It will be good to have you back Governor. And more so it will mean that some semblance of normal life is returning to the people of your area. One cannot look on the pictures you posted and the faces on the news without being moved deeply.

Izznet H'unar

Journeyman
Oh dear Baron, I am thankful for your efforts and profoundly heartbroken to those lives that were torn apart in this. May there be strength to continue in the face of turmoil and the peace to rise above the chaos.

Inkboy the Wild

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What is being experiences there is a horrible, horrible tragedy. The leadership and intent to help make a difference that you and yours share is heart warming and endearing. Please, as others have said, be safe -- be careful and even a thousand miles away what you're doing is appreciated and admired. Thank you for being someone who makes a difference, in a world where such people are not so often seen.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sorry it's taken me a few day's to reply here, its just hard to ensure my words come out as they should. You, my dear friend, have quickly became one of my best friends in the short time we have got to know one another. I cannot thank you enough for the time, effort, and sacrifice you put into serving our country but also the love you share with every single person you seem to know whether online or from what I can tell, in real life. I am sure I speak for the entire RP community here and say that while you were missed during this time of emergency action, we all saluted you in your efforts.