• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wilkinator: Bring back guildstones!

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guild menus, alliances, and relationships are borked.

That is all.

oh yea, thanks!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Beyond a client function-basis, they were also a physical presence that made a house a "guildhouse" as it gave a tangible icon to gather around.

SO yes, I would love to see guildstones back.

S

Sorcha of Sonoma

I want craftable guildstones with different designs / colors available. Make it part of Masonry of course.

The basics really - classic, Ankh, UO Symbol, things like that.

*Would craft a Valorite Ankh Guildstone for my Guild if that happened*

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want craftable guildstones with different designs / colors available. Make it part of Masonry of course.

The basics really - classic, Ankh, UO Symbol, things like that.

*Would craft a Valorite Ankh Guildstone for my Guild if that happened*
I agree great idea!!!!!! Yes Bring guildstones back!

O

Old Man of UO

Great idea! Why was it removed in the first place?? I can't remember.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Noooo...

The current system is a million times better than the old one....bring back stones for deco purposes, but leave the current system in place! In fact--expand the guild roster so you can also see who in alliance is online too please!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bring back guild stones with the current guild gump functions. I miss them.

Anne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bring them back ... at the very least let us have them as deco

Please please please :bowdown:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as guild stays on the paperdoll like it is. Having everyone have to go back and click on a stupid stone was dumb. Prefer the portable system like it is now.

Barring that sure why not. Deco guild stone would be ok I guess.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have mixed feelings on this. I would love to have a stone for some of my new guilds, but at the same time its kind of cool that only older guilds have them. I would have to vote for an option where new guilds can get a stone, but they would be different from the ones we have now. I like the idea of older guilds that have been around for a long time being distinguished. Almost like a guild vet reward.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And please stop the disappearance of the current stones, if a house falls, so that surviving guild members or other players can recover the stone.
*Salute*
Olahorand

R

RichDC

This is possibly the only thread i have ever read where not only do the majority agree...but

Only 1 person disagrees!!!

I would love to have the guild stones back, with or without the current system i dont mind although i do like the current system.

V

von Beck

Only 1 person disagrees!!!
2 now.

I don't see any value in expending dev time on guild stones when they could be dealing to other issues. The guild menu does the job...

Now, adding a 'view alliance members' function --- that would be useful ... *fishy joe*

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 now.

I don't see any value in expending dev time on guild stones when they could be dealing to other issues. The guild menu does the job...

Now, adding a 'view alliance members' function --- that would be useful ... *fishy joe*
I highly doubt it would take them THAT long to bring back guild stones as just decoration with our guild title and abbreviation on it. Considering that the old ones are still around and are simply treated as house add-ons now. (granted you own the house that it is in of course)

You axe it and it turns to a deed.

And technically you are the only one who disagrees. The other just wouldn't want to have guild stone-only interaction to tinker with the guild and add people.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh now..... I do miss the stones... ..... though I don't miss having to go to the stone to do anything guild wise..... but having them craftable and/or engraveable would be good.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The guild menu does the job...
Barely...as did the old one. The whole guild system needs (yet another) revamp. However, if it needs a revamp, guildstones should be included if only to bring back the "gathering" factor...

Basically, my whole premise of this thread is that the guild system is "borked" :)P) in many ways and needs to be re-examined. The physical (pixellated?) stone should come back since they're digging in the code *anyway*

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had this post in the poll thread for this:

I want the guildstones back as a decoration that can be added in the HQ or Guildhall, whichever you prefer to call it. One of the nice things about guildstones was that it added a kind of "presence" to the game. Something that really made the headquarters the headquarters.

Currently, all new guilds only have their titles and abbreviations above their characters to make their guild known. Nothing else.

Guilds need some kind of decoration specifically for their guild, a symbol. And that was what the guild stone really was for me. I didn't like having to go to the stone, so what I just want is my guild symbol back

It could be a craftable house add-on. When used you could select a number of designs for the stone, color options for the stone, and of course it should only be useable if you are a GM of a guild.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=132145

M

MoonBeam[TBD]

/signed

I miss the days of old when we would gather around the stone to watch a new player become a member.... =\