• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wilki - Testing SA Beta Client

• Thread starter Old Man of UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Old Man of UO

If the new SA client (aka KR remake) is ready for testing before all the SA content is ready, is it possible to begin the beat testing on currently available content? Hopefully this would speed up fixes and bug repairs before the final release.

There are many modders (and mod users like me!) who would love to get a chance at it.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the new SA client (aka KR remake) is ready for testing before all the SA content is ready, is it possible to begin the beat testing on currently available content? Hopefully this would speed up fixes and bug repairs before the final release.

There are many modders (and mod users like me!) who would love to get a chance at it.
Are you serious dude? I think the Devs have said it is in internal meaning dev and company employee only testing. By the time it is ready for beta test I will be old and grey and I am only 33 years old right now.

G

Garianna

Are you serious dude? I think the Devs have said it is in internal meaning dev and company employee only testing. By the time it is ready for beta test I will be old and grey and I am only 33 years old right now.

I don't know, I think that a lot of lessons was learned about KR going gold way before it should have been. We are actually getting different language when it comes to SA, and I wouldn't be surprised in seeing it sometime this year. Especially with the return of Wilki, it would appear to me, that this is something that they would want out sooner rather than later.

Garianna
aka: Lord Pompey
aka: Germanicus
Great Lakes

O

Old Man of UO

I don't know, I think that a lot of lessons was learned about KR going gold way before it should have been. We are actually getting different language when it comes to SA, and I wouldn't be surprised in seeing it sometime this year. Especially with the return of Wilki, it would appear to me, that this is something that they would want out sooner rather than later.

Garianna
aka: Lord Pompey
aka: Germanicus
Great Lakes
EXACTLY... and it is virtually impossible for the EA/Mythic staff to test as we players play. We do things (and break things) they never thought of.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
All I have to say is where do I sign up at I am ready :) To break stuff !

C

Chrissay_

We are currently in a closed focus test for the Stygian Abyss client. At this time we are not accepting applications for new members. The current members of the closed focus test were invited due to their previous experience with Live Events, PvP, and KR focus tests. We do plan on having an open test so that everyone will have a chance to test the new client. We will keep you informed as information becomes available.

Chrissay

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We are currently in a closed focus test for the Stygian Abyss client. At this time we are not accepting applications for new members. The current members of the closed focus test were invited due to their previous experience with Live Events, PvP, and KR focus tests. We do plan on having an open test so that everyone will have a chance to test the new client. We will keep you informed as information becomes available.

Chrissay
You mean the same people who screwed up all three? You think that you'd learn from your mistakes.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Chrissay
Hopefully it won't be too long from now. I can't wait to test it out. :D

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Chrissay
Thank you for the update it was greatly appreciated

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only focus groups I've been in was the first KR focus group and that one produced the Salvage Bag, but ended with no further results due to bad timing with the whole "Let's move the entire production across the country!!!" thing.... Dunno about the other FG's though, but I would say the first KR one was the victim of bad timing because I know for a fact we gave them more useful feedback than they could handle :)

Magnus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You mean the same people who screwed up all three? You think that you'd learn from your mistakes.

That's just plain rude. You obviously haven't been in the focus groups, you don't know how they went, and you're making a blanket statement without any...

Wait, this is UHall, yep. Your right nevermind.