• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wildfire lantern

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I got two questions regarding the "wildfire lantern" which you can get in the upcoming Shrouded Sails event. Unfortunately, there is no artifact (or pirate hat) clicky on test center this time, which means I cannot test it personally.

I also assume that said wildfire lantern is identical to the one you could obtain during the Treasures of Demonic Forces event in 2021, which I completely missed. So maybe somebody who got the lantern at that time might fill me in as well.

1. Does the wildfire lantern count as a "lantern" or as a shield? The regular lanterns do not count as a shield, meaning my thrower can hold them without facing a HCI penalty.
2. Since nearly all lanterns I am aware of do not have a durability displayed (although another player recently posted here that some event lanterns might break even without showing a durability), can I repair the wildfire lantern with my tinkerer? Did anybody test if I can also apply powder of fortification on the wildfire lantern?

Thanks in advance!

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The lantern functions as a shield (it has durability on it) and thus would need repaired.

Not 100% sure what tradesman would repair it though or if it would be eligible for powder of fort.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The lantern functions as a shield (it has durability on it) and thus would need repaired.

Not 100% sure what tradesman would repair it though or if it would be eligible for powder of fort.
tinker?

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I finally tested it on TC. Tinker can repair it and POF can be applied. It also works as a shield item (not as a lantern).