• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why wont my house show roof?

C

CarlosN

Hi i just finished building my house and all the walls are connected but it still wont show the roof ....any advice or comments?

I

imported_Danny Dots

We don't get roofs in EA Land, we left them in TSO, lol...

V

vapd3317

yup yup yup...EALand is......well its TOPLESS

but of course, you could put down 2nd floor floor tile and pretend its a roof.....

I

imported_Starrfoxx

I noticed this for awhile and wondered if this was a known glitch that was being worked on or if they have no intention to fix it. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to try to make it so you could have more than 2 floors, but I'm not sure.

G

The developers do not consider the roof bug high on their priority list. I was there when maxisLuc asked the community in Townhall whether they should prioritize this or focus on other bugs. The majority of sims on the lot voted for the other bugs.

Personally, I think it's a shame. It's a highly visible bug after all, but majority decided unfortunately. The majority at that time in Townhall that is...

G

<blockquote><hr>

The developers do not consider the roof bug high on their priority list. I was there when maxisLuc asked the community in Townhall whether they should prioritize this or focus on other bugs. The majority of sims on the lot voted for the other bugs.

Personally, I think it's a shame. It's a highly visible bug after all, but majority decided unfortunately. The majority at that time in Townhall that is...

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so many issues that affect a subscribers ablity to log in, and play the game, missing items, and of course the merge, which is crucial to getting all the other bugs fixed.

The roof bug is a slight inconviences for people who actually look at a house in 'wall's up' way with the full roof on view......which most players do not do.
The majority of players, hardly even know the bug exists.

G

Is it a really a big inconveniece? The only time I notice a roof is when i'm doing a search for a lot or neighbourhood view. I bnever had a problem with this particular bug. Does it show up in either situation described above?

G

<blockquote><hr>

The roof bug is a slight inconviences for people who actually look at a house in 'wall's up' way with the full roof on view......which most players do not do.
The majority of players, hardly even know the bug exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. It's why I said majority decides. However, I do think the roof bug represents the state the game is in. I mean, the central point of the Sims is a house. The thing where everything takes place.

A house with no roof due to a bug... which has been in since almost the dawn of EAland. Imagine TSO being released with this bug...

But it is not solved because there are bigger bugs in the game

Anyway, I'm a free player now, so I have no right to complain