• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

why to use parry?

• Thread starter signormillo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

signormillo

i have a malee vs peerless like this:

swords 120
tactis 120
anatomy 120
necro 50
spiritspeak 120
bushido 120
chivalry 70

i read many faqs and guides about parry...
could this skill help me to improve my template? is it really useful?
how could i change my template?
thank you

C

Connor_Graham

120 Parry, when combined with Bushido, gives you a 45% chance to block a hit that normally would land when using a 2 handed weapon, 40% with a one handed one. It's a HUGE buff to a warrior's template. You're getting hit about half as much as you are with the template you currently use. If you add max DCI to the equation, you find you have to heal yourself a hell of a lot less, and can survive much easier in some very tough situations.

E

eolsunder1

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido

these are a staple for any warrior samurai. Great offensive and defensive powers. You are trying to get the advantages of a full warrior, samurai, and necro, this isn't going to happen.

You have to decide if you want to be samurai or necro, you won't have the template for both. The MOST you can do with a samurai is have just enough necro to vamp form or wraith form.

So decide what you want to be. Samurai or necro. There are different tempates depending. Both templates have good abilities so its up to you.

I do agree, you want about 60-80 chivalry for monster fighting.

C

Connor_Graham

Ok...

So the coffee had worn off at that point..

You're right though.

*goes to make another pot of coffee*

C

Connor_Graham

Ok...

So the coffee had worn off at that point..

You're right though.

*goes to make another pot of coffee*

K

Kith Kanan

<blockquote><hr>

i have a malee vs peerless like this:

swords 120
tactis 120
anatomy 120
necro 50
spiritspeak 120
bushido 120
chivalry 70

i read many faqs and guides about parry...
could this skill help me to improve my template? is it really useful?
how could i change my template?
thank you

[/ QUOTE ]

if you dont want to use parry go with archery instead of swords

and if you can afford the setup , find a nice bow with fc1 , and set your toon up with 4/6 fc/fcr and you will be VERY hard to kill

M

Maximinus Thrax

The lesson you should take from this is that Bushido and Shields do not go together.

Using a shield with Bushido LOWERS your chance to parry to 5% total, no matter what weapon you use.