• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why sometimes I cannot recall into Felucca cities?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was away for 3 years, so I suspect this has to do with VvV.
I noticed that my chars (non-VvV) cannot recall into Felucca cities sometimes. Message would say I cannot teleport into that location. It seems absolutely random. Why?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Active VVV towns do not allow you to recall in.

Which is actually pretty ridiculous.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Active VVV towns do not allow you to recall in.

Which is actually pretty ridiculous.
I think it was coded in to stop the hundreds of blues seemingly recalling in and complaining that VvV is a dumb system because now they can't walk through Fel cities..obviously this complaint was sent from Luna...but regardless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I think it was coded in to stop the hundreds of blues seemingly recalling in and complaining that VvV is a dumb system because now they can't walk through Fel cities..obviously this complaint was sent from Luna...but regardless!

I know, I don't know how that it even gained merit.

You ask any one of them here and they don't like fel and have no interest in going to fel.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know, I don't know how that it even gained merit.

You ask any one of them here and they don't like fel and have no interest in going to fel.
But god forbid the can't go to the Fel smith! It's far more convenient then Luna.. :rollseyes: in all reality I think what happened is they tried healing friends/casting fields as blue and went OJ and didn't like dying without being able to use life leech in vamp

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Virtue versus Vice | Ultima Online

• At the start of the battle non-VvV players will receive a warning gump indicating that if they do not leave the battle city they will be open to attack. (pictured above)
  • Any non-VvV player entering the city during the battle will receive the same warning gump.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
But god forbid the can't go to the Fel smith! It's far more convenient then Luna.. :rollseyes: in all reality I think what happened is they tried healing friends/casting fields as blue and went OJ and didn't like dying without being able to use life leech in vamp

Yeah I think this is exactly what happened.

They went years being unchecked during factions and used it is as an excuse because they didn't grasp the mechanics we had been asking for

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It can be useful - if you log in and don't know which town is active, it's the one you can't recall to. Then you recall to the rune you have marked just outside the guardzone and join the fun.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My fisherman and bod briber hate VvV. I used to own a tavern/shop on Skara, does that area fall under VvV orangeness now?
Don't tell me to go to Trammel. I hate that place it killed the game.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It can be useful - if you log in and don't know which town is active, it's the one you can't recall to. Then you recall to the rune you have marked just outside the guardzone and join the fun.
When you log in it tells you which town is active.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Virtue versus Vice | Ultima Online

• At the start of the battle non-VvV players will receive a warning gump indicating that if they do not leave the battle city they will be open to attack. (pictured above)
  • Any non-VvV player entering the city during the battle will receive the same warning gump.
But all can still teleport to a Fel VvV battle town, using the crystal portal, I would say, let players recall or gate in too but give them a warning, that the town is not safe at the moment.
Would be nice too, if Crystal portal also gave non VvV a warning, they had to click ok too, before they could go there.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm...lol but on that note there should be a Clicky gem in the guild menu or somewhere that lets you know what town is active..

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya never made sense.....get constantly spammed KS claims and altar....defend the city......but no one can recall into the city to defend it....Some times crap is just stupid