• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why so long till the next event content?

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I had read something about lots of new event content that was upcoming. That was the main reason I reactivated my account.

Now I understand there's nothing for at least 3 weeks? I was really hoping we'd have little updates every Friday like how it used to be.

I was bored of the Melissa event after the first weekend.

C

canary

I believe we were told with this, uhm *coughs* EPIC *coughs* event we were to see small unfolding of events every week pretty much.

I don't see anything remotely enticing to encourage me to want to play or reinstate my 3 deactivated accounts.

This is, hands down, the most embarrassing story arc/ event in any online I've ever seen, and I've played quite a few. It's all over the map, poorly implemented and orchestrated.

I like Draconi, but poo is poo.

I

Inspector

Yeah this event arc is why I reactivated mine, then half the team goes on vacation and people figure out a dupe and nothing gets done.... I don't really like what I see and I am seriously thinking about just shutting off the account and never looking back.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. Draconi is having to recover from an extended overseas trip. A business trip to Japan is NOT a vacation, and it can take 2-3 days just to get back to normal. Having worked with an Anime convention, I know lots of people that have made such trips (and some that have made the opposite trip), and even a vacation takes recovery time - it's much worse if you had to do work there (especially given for what passes for lodging and food over there - you may like Japanese food, but try eating it every meal for several weeks). I wonder how much advance notice Draconi was even given of how long this trip would be? I somehow they intended for him to be out of country at the time of the Town hall, when he is typically one of the centerpieces of such events.

2, canary, you gonna share those hallucenigens? This was actually one of the best-handled events in a while, other than one factor (the ability to do it with "junk" characters, like those used for holiday gift training).

Oh, I doubt it was "figuring out" a dupe, as much as one malcontent shouting it (and others) out to the world in a deliberate attempt to screw with the game, because they wouldn't give him satisfaction.

This event has been the most fun I've had in some time, and it has caused a lot more teamwork and social interaction on my shard than I'd seen in years. Perhaps it's because my shard's so small that sometimes we CAN'T beat Melissa & a paragon Balron with the people on at the time.

C

canary

I wasn't discussing JUST the Melissa event. I mean the past year and a half of storylines that are SUPPOSED to tie together yet clearly don't. It's a mess.

Ricardo anyone?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They cant talk about it, Period. It is all hush hush...Did you not listen to town hall?
i could allmost bet we wont relly know much intill seattle town hall. thats prob the big announcment for something they cant talk about lol..

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like the recent events. the strangers and their mysterious gems. the spring cleaning with lots of new deco and armor to fool around with. thanks to the strangers, casca and melissa i've seen parts of the landscape i'd never seen before and i've met so many wonderful people over the last few weeks - more than i've met in a very long time. i think it's cool we're forced to join forces and work as teams with people we don't know. i enjoy sitting in casca's dungeon rezing strangers that stumble through the door as ghosts.

sure, the events are a little hap hazard but did you really expect anything different? i expect to have fun while i play, and i do! i don't need a solid storyline nailed down and handed to me to be able to enjoy my time in the game. i know this isn't the case with a lot of you, but i personally don't expect UO to ever hand us anything concrete with solid lines and crisp steps and endings. i've grown used to the oddity that surrounds most events.

anyways, i just wanted to say i think these last few months have been really, really fun, and i think the events are handed to us at a rate that has kept me super busy. i can't remember the last time i was bored in the game. *huddles under flame retardent blanket*

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These events have been fun, but seriously, why so long in between? This stuff should be happening at least every 2 weeks or less. It can't be that difficult to implement.

At this rate, I'll just let my account slip back into retirement.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my guess is because things seem to still be in an upheavle after their move from CA to VA... and town hall, and draconi being away, and mostly i think it's just typical EA... have they ever continuously kept anything at a fast/normal pace? i'm guessing they didn't intend for the 4th stranger to wipe out heartwood... that seems to have derailed a lot of the story line.

S

Sarphus

I think they are behind schedule and the main reason is manpower.

Call me captain obvious (one of my characters is named that), but they are hiring. If they're hiring, they have plenty of work to do for at least one more person.

I think what we're dealing with right now is growing pains. We lost a lot of devs in the move. Now they are rebuilding staff, but no one is fully effective when they just start a new job. There's always a learning curve, and then you have to factor in the time your effective devs are spending training newbies.

I'm pretty sure it's growing pains...

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
corporate talk boss wow subscritpions up yah we have good event running

wow u need bonus
not knowing farming using temp accounts

corpote boss hey your subs down yah we had mass duping solved burned 20 houses banned 100 accounts

so hey players should be happy us

again not nowing 1k vets quit over dupe

coporate hey subs down we have wild new event halloween again to uo every one loved previous 2 times subs will gain!!!!!!!!!!!!
pre xmass uo developers moved to california as considate hehe there scope wait three months same old same old as reconfigure release date sa 2011

I think they are behind schedule and the main reason is manpower.

Call me captain obvious (one of my characters is named that), but they are hiring. If they're hiring, they have plenty of work to do for at least one more person.

I think what we're dealing with right now is growing pains. We lost a lot of devs in the move. Now they are rebuilding staff, but no one is fully effective when they just start a new job. There's always a learning curve, and then you have to factor in the time your effective devs are spending training newbies.

I'm pretty sure it's growing pains...

D

DJ Dr Lil

They cant talk about it, Period. It is all hush hush...Did you not listen to town hall?
i could allmost bet we wont relly know much intill seattle town hall. thats prob the big announcment for something they cant talk about lol..

Have you ever been a kid at Christmas? Oh wait, you still are obviously. Have you ever heard of surprises? I kinda like them. If you had seen their faces and known how much they wanted to tell us and they're trying to make it a surprise. ENJOY IT!!! Wait for Christmas morning!!!

DJ Dr Lil

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I saw this latest event do was bring out the greed. Letting people use newly created chars to run the quest for tickets on every shard then trading them was just plain stupid.

It's a shame they have to put the lure of pixel crack out there to get people to participate. It's even more of a shame that people felt they needed to game the system by creating account after account and toon after toon to amass said pixel crack.

B

BartofCats

its taking so long because they dont have SA ready yet... and this entire event leads to day one of SA. The further SA gets delayed... the longer MEL and her co-horts to come will stay around.

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping we'd get everything rolling this week, but I guess not.