• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why players tired of script farming, multiboxing, etc should consider Siege before leaving the game

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you have played on a production shard for any amount of time, you have seen script farming at work. You have gone to Swoop only to find a sampire (seemingly mute and unable to answer any of your questions) farming gold. You have gone to the gold elementals in Blackthorn's dungeon only to find a Greater Dragon chewing them up (seemingly unattended, though you keep "tripping" over someone just outside of the reveal range of the room doors), or, as has been repeatedly shown recently, you go to the Doom Gauntlet only to find five identically dressed dexxers uncannily matching each other's moves step for step.

Guess what?

That probably is not going to get better. The Devs have made it clear that they do not want to lose subscriptions. And while a good argument has been made that multi-boxing and multiclienting and script farming does not produce the same revenue stream as a plain Jane casual gamer, you as an individual player cannot really do much about the situation. At least in Trammel.

But wait!

There is still Siege Perilous. You probably have heard about this server through posts on Uhall, or from some of the entertaining UO blogs of the past (Chad Sexington's immediately comes to mind).

What does Siege have to do with the script farming problem?

Well, for starters, you can be killed essentially everywhere on Siege Perilous. Someone AFK farming the Blackthorn Mages? No problem! Even better, if you are of the more meek type, you don't even have to get your own hands dirty. A quick shout out in General Chat of "How long has X been AFK in Blackthorn's?" will cause several (often invisible) players with pokey things in their hands to come check.

Siege has several other benefits for the jaded UO player.

Worried that the rare you've just purchased is a dupe? Not on Siege! The inability to transfer between shards created a positive side effect in that the duping exploits used in the past could not be applied to items on Siege Perilous. So those players with billions of gold tied up in checks don't exist here.

Of course, Siege isn't perfect. It can be a weird, wild place. Sometimes players use scripts here. But you have recourse. And there's a lot going on (though not always obvious to the casual visitor). Just look at this recap of last month on Siege Perilous:

[SPHS] January 2017 Shard Chronicle

That's right! All but one item in the list of activities were user generated!

As a player on Siege Perilous, you:

1. Get to own a second house in addition to your house on a production shard. So your account can have a castle on Legends and an 18 x 18 on Siege AT THE SAME TIME!

2. Fall under a completely different set of skill gain rules. Once you hit 70 in any skill, you ARE GUARANTEED skill points under a Rate over Time schedule. So all it takes to get 120 in a skill is actually playing.

3. Have access to a shard-sponsored new player guild. Even long-time UO players take a little while to adjust to Siege. The NOOB Guild, led by Tanager, gets players started their first month with lower-level scrolls, masteries, and equipment while also providing them some protection. Most Siege players will not harass a player with the NOOB Guild Banner, and in some player events NOOB gets special consideration (such as the current fishing contest).

4. Get to be part of a healthier economy and community. Reminiscent of the first years of UO, on Siege there is much more of a sense of community. Players saying hello in General Chat are received like Norm from Cheers (usually, anyway, some exceptions apply to the asshat of the week). Bartering is often the most effective way to obtain items.

5. Feel that sense of accomplishment that is hard to come by on production shards nowadays. Solo'd a Miasma on Atlantic? *yawn* Solo'd a Miasma on Siege? Nice Job! Between stam blocking minotaurs and constant checks by roaming PK'ers, not to mention putting together a decent suit that you could possibly lose at any second, this actually means something again. Finished putting together that 2000+ luck suit on Atlantic? *yawn* with a couple of mouse clicks you could have bought the entire thing off a third-party site. Build the same suit on Siege? Wow! There might only be 10 others like it on the entire shard! With very few exceptions, gold and items must be earned on Siege Perilous.

Third-party sites, unapproved scripting programs, AFK players, these are the reality of Ultima Online today. And honestly, I accept that. I can't really fault the third-party sites, they are providing items to players that realistically should be available in the In-Game Store. I don't have a problem with the scripting programs, because they provide functionality that should have been available in the official client years ago. And I understand the Devs approach to AFK players. All of these things have issues, but it is hard for me to see UO existing without them.

BUT there is a different option, and that is Siege Perilous. I encourage you to try it out. Seriously, what do you have to lose? You may be surprised when you remember the delight of getting that 0.1 skill gain in Magery, or the adrenaline rush of trying to get your suit back before those monsters loot it, or the fun of trading for that rare piece of deco you've been searching for for months.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and may you follow in the Avatar's footsteps (which lead to Siege!),

-- Calavera, Siege Perilous Historical Society

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
That is the exact definition of siege perilous. I came here right before I was going to quit the game and fell in love with this shard instantly. I still play on Prodo shards but that's just what I've had enough of siege perilous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried logging into siege acouple of times and could not find anyone by roaming around the towns. not really any vendors to buy from.

sucks you can only have one character... if you have only 1 account.

you gotta make a tailor/blacksmith if you want armor and without soulstones ur stuck having a tailor/blacksmith only.

idk maybe i logged in around the wrong time which has been afternoon time central time normally...

I guess i need in this NOOB guild. Show me the way! =P

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
tried logging into siege acouple of times and could not find anyone by roaming around the towns. not really any vendors to buy from.

you gotta make a tailor/blacksmith if you want armor and without soulstones ur stuck having a tailor/blacksmith only.

idk maybe i logged in around the wrong time which has been afternoon time central time normally...

belkins, first, I encourage you to jump over to the Siege shard forum here at Stratics. It is one of the most active forums on Stratics. Introduce yourself, tell them what you need, and when you are online. People will help you. Siege players use stealth a lot. You may not have seen anyone, but they were there. Also, vendor fees are higher on Siege, so most folks don't make stuff til people ask. You can easily get by without crafting skills, the shard is overrun w/ crafters :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it takes way too long to train a character on siege, realistically its the only shard where the average person NEEDS afk training just to be able to play. the difference is tho that you need to afk train for 75 hours (after a mythic token) instead of being able to train up a character, free of charge, in about 6 hours.

there is absolutely no way most modern gamers could take on a mind-numbing grind like that unless they are retired or have no job.

its a real shame because siege is a great shard, but the skill training is just so impossible that it not very realistic for anyone.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Smoot, this is also the shard where you can buy 10 points of skill for a million gold. Alacrities are widely used, and part of the fun of Siege is that you don't have to have that 720 point all legendary toon to go out and do stuff.

When I first came to the shard I trained Magery and hiding and lockpicking as I went, which is how I saved up money fir my first house. And I really enjoyed it. It was a long long time before I had 6 skills at 120, but it didn't stop me from actually playing the game.

I would argue part of the problem of production shard is the idea that a player has to have that maxed out character before bothering to even play the game.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Skill training isn't skill training here..it's actually playing.

Once I hit the RoT on my skills, I just went out and did what I normally do...kill solens for zoogi to get bags and powder.....kill ettins for bottles....and guess what? I GAIN SKILL!!! WOAH NO WAY!

That GUARENTEED .1 gain is AWESOME! I know 100% when I am going to gain...it's not a mystery...it's not OMG WHEN AM I GONNA GAIN???

RoT is pretty amazing..and the community here is AWESOME! You might not see a single soul around....a lot of them are hiding ;) BUT if you say HI in Gen Chat you'll be amazed!

I love Siege....and as far as armor and stuff? Yeah..we have a lot of crafters here who are more then willing to help you out.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Once I hit the RoT on my skills, I just went out and did what I normally do...kill solens for zoogi to get bags and powder.....kill ettins for bottles....and guess what? I GAIN SKILL!!! WOAH NO WAY!

That GUARENTEED .1 gain is AWESOME! I know 100% when I am going to gain...it's not a mystery...it's not OMG WHEN AM I GONNA GAIN???

RoT is pretty amazing..and the community here is AWESOME! You might not see a single soul around....a lot of them are hiding ;) BUT if you say HI in Gen Chat you'll be amazed!

I love Siege....and as far as armor and stuff? Yeah..we have a lot of crafters here who are more then willing to help you out.
I actually LIKE the RoT on Siege... I found that there was ZERO wasted Materials in the gaining of crafting skills... set a timer for the RoT and work it when the time goes off one try and done... Taming set a timer go tame Unicorn... done... Mage set a time cast a spell done...

Easy. Now you can't power gain whacking a golem all day but yes you can... just set a timer and whack when it goes off... Same with Cartography, Lockpicking etc... works GREAT IMO.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easy. Now you can't power gain whacking a golem all day but yes you can... just set a timer and whack when it goes off... Same with Cartography, Lockpicking etc... works GREAT IMO.
again, this involves logging in 300 times, after spending real life money for a mythic token.

i am by no means knocking siege, i would really just like to to see it changed to normal skill gain. im sure many more people would play there.

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman

I thought the same thing too when I first got on Siege.
It's just different here. Toons don't hang out at the bank or cities like they do on prodo shards.
Everyone is out doing stuff, and they tend to do it quietly as they don't want the attention of PKs.
As to building suits, a crafter helps a lot, but, you can actually use most of the mid tier loot you find on mobs.
People don't run around with uber suits on Siege. If they do, they will eventually lose it.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could forget all this self sufficiency BS that blights UO and actually create a character you want to play and actually interact/trade with other payers to fulfill your equipment/item needs. Radical I know and doesnt really pander to the "I want it all and i want to do it all myself" brigade. FFS.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
again, this involves logging in 300 times, after spending real life money for a mythic token.

i am by no means knocking siege, i would really just like to to see it changed to normal skill gain. im sure many more people would play there.
Okay you missed what I said obviously.

I do not log in and out 300 times...I did NOT buy a Mythic token....I actually PLAY the game....if you're logging in and out 300 times why bother paying for a game you're not playing??

I have been on Siege for a little less then 2 months.

I have a crafter, a tamer and a fencer. After the first week, I hit RoT on most of the important skills and just gained by normal play....mining? Well..as a smith, you need ingots, right? So while I'm out mining, I get a gain every 12 minutes....BAMN!

As a Tailor...I need to fill BOD's to get the rewards I want..right? So while I'm filling BOD's, I get a gain every 12 minutes..BAMN!

As a fencer...I go out and kill stuff to make gold...while I'm killing stuff? I get a gain every 12 minutes..BAMN!

See how that works????

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

it never toook me more than 2 weeks to finish any 120 skill and I have lot's of them trained. And I never even used a mythic token so it's all from 0-120. All you need to do is get past that "RoT won't let me do what I do on prodo to gain skil" attitudel and actually wrap your mind around how RoT can be exploited to train up skills effectively. It is different from prodo but it is also very effective and puts all skills on the same level (weapon skills excluded since they can't make as effective use of alacrities).

cobb

Sage
Stratics Veteran

RoT discourages potential players away from Siege

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silent´s write-up is absolutely perfect. And dont forget: SP has one of the most successful and active PVM-guilds in the whole game - Gilfane even has the Void Pool Record: WITHOUT INSURANCE!!! Now that´s impressive!

One should think, SP is a PVP-paradise - but its very enjoyable for PVM, too. Reason: The stuff is useful. Even minor artifacts like Fey Leggings or Shrouds of Codemned atc. have their own value and use. You can buy stuff with 200k. And you can actually live from monster loot & gold. Fairy Dragons give 60k in 10 min. A mil is alot of gold on SP! Where can you live from looted gold nowadays?

Not to forget that no single piece of gold neither a single item ever left SP. No shard transfers! Yesterday my wife joined an EM-event on Europa - it was pure hell: Multiboxers with 7+ wraith-form toons all exactly behaving, 100x spamming of Enemy of Mine. 15 % Europa-Players and the rest shard-hoppers. Horrific. I dont say I love EM-events on Siege - there have been really slaughtering parties with lots of PKs, but well - there is still plenty to do for pure PVMers. Your stuff has true value there. But more important than this - its all about community. Yes, the place has some drama every now and then, but behind the drama there is so much dedication and community spirit.

Just ONE important thing: Deciding which guild to join is VITAL. Dont hurry, first learn the guilds alliances and check which playstyle fits best to yours. Being with the wrong guild is far more consequential here on SP than on any other shard. Take your time, choose wisely ;)

Last edited:

n00bPvper

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's Siege or out of oficial servers for me :D

Even on freeshards I can get a better quality trash talk than the annoying sociopath behavior that I see on Atlantic :)

I agree that RoT do discourage ppl to try Siege BUT it's because they don't have an open mind to check how incredible RoT can be... I can say that because when I saw how horrible it was to play on trammel I created a character on Siege and hesitated for a good period of time before playing there, I was thinking "omg I have to do this RoT gain, whats that". Now Im only few months old and I have lots of skills on 120 and 100 easy mode so I can PvM and PvP(Im not a crafter but crafting skills r awsome to raise on RoT - no more spam infinite resources)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm just gonna add one more thing here....

RoT + Alacrity Scroll = (Something I can't say here but hopefully you catch my meaning ;) )

Yes this does require the log in, log out a hundred times method BUT with RoT you get that guaranteed gain of .2 to .4 every 8 - 12 minutes...I used one alacrity scroll for my tailoring and went from 70-108 in about an hour and a half? Maybe....I don't remember but...yeah....it was highly organic ;) Beat the heck out of prodo shard gaining I'll tell you that...and used maybe 100 cloth?? Beat that! ;)

I can't say much for Gil as I haven't really had much associations with them and as you have probably read we are *Kill on Site* As I am a member of LEET.....BUT I do know that they are a really good guild, they have awesome players, our new crafters guild is pretty amazing and Gen Chat is ALWAYS active which I really like.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see how logging on once every 15 mins is actually playing
Smoot, reread Larisa's quote above and engage thy thinking processes. Logging on once every 15 minutes isn't necessary because you don't log out after each RoT training, you just keep on playing, and every so many minutes get a gain. No repetitive hammering a skill over and over and over required, no afk cheating required, you just play the game your paying for. :)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Been there. Done that.
I did Not like it there. Too much Grund to get Charakters done

Yet I met some nice persons. But to be honest. If I want to Play on a shard as dead as SP I could have Just stayed in Drachenfels. Or Play an offline game.

PaulCH

Journeyman
Please come play the only shard that constantly needs advertising. Naw. Still quitting
You mean the only one, other than Atlantic, that gets *some* of the advertising it needs...unfortunately, it's mostly (as far as I know) from the existing player base. How many other "ghost" shards are there that don't get advertising because people and maybe EA / Broadsword simply don't care. With prodo shards, the answer is mostly...so just come to Atlantic.

What you said, as a criticism, is actually one of SP's positives...that people actually care enough about the shard to advertise it, to try to keep it active and build a community.

FYI, this 99% from an outsider's perspective. While I have a char on Siege, I play mostly on one of the ghost shards where people don't care enough to recruit players to it...

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great write up.

The community on Siege is wonderful and i fully enjoy vacationing there on a regular basis :)

I say give it a try folks and have some fun.

Actually one of my favorite pass times has been wandering the forest and plains collecting Reagents and such. Fun to roleplay the old Sage there.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My only knock on seige is that it feels empty, and damn near every character is a stealther

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Call me a trammie or whater you like, but as long as I can be attacked anywhere and in addition to that there is no mechanics from preventing me of loosing all my stuff on death, Siege Perilous is an absolute no-go.

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman
Call me a trammie or whater you like, but as long as I can be attacked anywhere and in addition to that there is no mechanics from preventing me of loosing all my stuff on death, Siege Perilous is an absolute no-go.
Man, you should just give it an honest try.
I bet after a few weeks, you'd love it there.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can buy pinks on Siege just like on prodo. I have maxed every skill 6+ times on Siege not using pinks or mythics. It really is not that bad with the ROT. .7 gains every 12-15 minutes Train up 7 skills move to the next 7 and Gasp actually be playing the game at the same time. The horror of it LOL. Worst part is actually getting to the ROT.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not true you can Siege Bless 1 item.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do what most of us with the skill to usually survive on Siege do, wear gear that's easily replaced. I keep a few suits handy to get myself back playing quickly.

If you need a super suit to substitute for lack of skill, Siege is not for you. Skill and ability are needed here.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not true you can Siege Bless 1 item.
Ok, so it is all but one. That doesn't make a big difference...

Do what most of us with the skill to usually survive on Siege do, wear gear that's easily replaced. I keep a few suits handy to get myself back playing quickly.
If you need a super suit to substitute for lack of skill, Siege is not for you. Skill and ability are needed here.
So if you get lucky and find some very nice legendary artifacts you just put them into the bank box and let them collect dust?
That reminds me of pre-AoS days, where people left their valuable items in the bank, so they can't loose them...

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That's really just a matter of knowing what you risk to lose before you leave the house.
Yes if you want to tun in upper gear, it may be a problem, but to do PvM or craft, you don't need upper gear. It may take a little longer to get your PvP loot, and sometimes you may fail to get it home but it will still be worth it.

Look at it as a vacation, where you try to live a more simple but also more risky life. You comes with nothing except 1000 gp, so what do you have to lose?

If you die to a PK, so what? Dark Wisps on Siege kill more newbies than PK's and they will gank too, rez kill and guard your corpes. Very few PK's are that nasty to newbies.

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman

So if you get lucky and find some very nice legendary artifacts you just put them into the bank box and let them collect dust?
That reminds me of pre-AoS days, where people left their valuable items in the bank, so they can't loose them...
Nope, people run around with Artie's all the time. Just know that you may get killed and lose them.
But guess what? So will the other guy.
You can play however you like, if you have an artifact that is a suit maker, then use your Siege bless on it and you won't lose it.
It's a different type of play style and template management is important.
My temps on Siege don't rely on a bunch of items to be good, and, I'm able to use GM crafted suits and compete at a high level.
This chance of losing things and being looted has created a completely different culture on Siege. Most of the time, people won't loot, or they will give you your stuff back, not always, but usually.
If you earn the reputation as a griefing looter, then you end up with a huge target on your back and will in turn be looted dry at every opportunity.
It pays to play honorably on Siege.
Reputation is important there. Having friends and being a part of the community is important there. No one is an island.
You only get one toon per account.

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman
Also, for reference, I see legendary artifacts go for 50k on vendors. 50k!!! Haha!
They just aren't as valuable on Siege.
Pinks go for $10k a tenth.
So a .7 goes for 70k.
Blues are dirt cheap as well.
They only thing that's high dollar are casting 120s and 25 stat scrolls.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Actually that one does make a big difference. Typically (in my experience anyways) you'll see folks using that bless on a really good weapon or other item that is important to their character build.

And yea there is something you are saying about the legendary artifacts etc.. but you know, if everyone is doing that, then it doesn't matter as you've the same range of variance in gear as on standard prodo shards, it doesn't effect competitiveness one way or the other. If everyone is wearing "Uber" suits then that's an even playing field, if everyone is wearing what you apparently consider "Junk" suits, then that's an even playing field it doesn't matter.

Most likely though a fair number of those items are being unraveled for resources for Imbuers and other crafters who are making the majority of your easily replaceable equipment.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege Perilous scares Trammel players, which it appears to be the bulk of players left in UO. Thus, you'll never see large scale growth of the server...la

VinnySP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We just had 3 IDOC'S this past Sunday and it was good fun. Tons of people on, tons of fighting. Even the "good" guys went red lol.
For the most part there was light looting like maybe a tunic or something to try to keep them out of the fight for the idoc and items were returned afterwards. Like @Hunter Perilous said, reputation means alot here and it is a great shard. Get in chat, say hi and ask questions. Yes, some days it's dead but guess what? We all have actual real lives and crap to do outside UO. Atleast with our mutiple time zone folks ,someone is usually on. Don't log in, wander around the banks, see nobody and say screw this, it's dead as **** here. Get in chat, you might be surprised.

ChinaCat

Visitor
@Silent Singer, and all others; thank you for this thread.

I just returned to game after, well, I guess it's been 17 years + I've been messing around mainly on Napa but after reading this thread, logged on to the character I had on Siege. I started playing UO the week the game was released in Sept. 97 and quit late 99' for the Dark Tide server in Asherons Call. I have a mage on Siege with 87 magery and about the same archery. It appears I have the following trained: Magery, Evaluate Int., Meditate, Resist, Wrestling, Archery, Tactics: Those are the main ones but find, for some reason, I had no gold in the bank; which is odd. So I'm taking lumberjacking and fletching up to just 10 each for a combined 20 so I can make my own arrows.

I'll check in on the Siege board later on. Not sure if I qualify for "newbie" guild or even want it. I am somewhat lost on mechanics. Is (illegal third party program name has been removed by the moderation team) still used, or is it not necessary? Any suggested programs and UI interfaces that make the game better to manage and provide me a level ground in Siege would be appreciated.

Thank you.

CC

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter Perilous

Journeyman

I just returned to game after, well, I guess it's been 17 years + I've been messing around mainly on Napa but after reading this thread, logged on to the character I had on Siege. I started playing UO the week the game was released in Sept. 97 and quit late 99' for the Dark Tide server in Asherons Call. I have a mage on Siege with 87 magery and about the same archery. It appears I have the following trained: Magery, Evaluate Int., Meditate, Resist, Wrestling, Archery, Tactics: Those are the main ones but find, for some reason, I had no gold in the bank; which is odd. So I'm taking lumberjacking and fletching up to just 10 each for a combined 20 so I can make my own arrows.

I'll check in on the Siege board later on. Not sure if I qualify for "newbie" guild or even want it. I am somewhat lost on mechanics. Is (illegal third party program name has been removed by the moderation team) still used, or is it not necessary? Any suggested programs and UI interfaces that make the game better to manage and provide me a level ground in Siege would be appreciated.

Thank you.

CC
If you decide you want to stay on Siege, I know that the guilds there will help you.
My guild will help you.
Call out in gen chat.

belkins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I had no gold in the bank; which is odd.

Is (illegal third party program name has been removed by the moderation team) still used, or is it not necessary?

CC
Gold has changed and you no longer have gold coins stacked in the bank.. if you right click on the banker at the bank you can select open bank box and see your gold if you did have any. You can also say balance to the banker and he will announce to u how much gold you have in the bank.

(Illegal third party program name has been removed by the moderation team) was always a illegal 3rd party app.. most people use UOAssist. Some say the 3D Client has most of the same features as uoassist but im not a fan of the 3d client i still run 2d classic client with uoassist.

Last edited by a moderator:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Rate Over Time - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Rate over Time (ROT) is the skill gain system used on the Siege Perilous and Mugen shards.
ROT doesn't kick in for a given skill until it reaches 70. Any skills above this range will be subject to the following rules:
  • Skills between 70.0 to 79.9 can gain 0.1 every 5 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 80.0 to 89.9 can gain 0.1 every 8 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 90.0 to 99.9 can gain 0.1 every 12 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 100.0 to 109.9 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
  • Skills between 110.0 to 120.0 can gain 0.1 every 15 minutes (each).
  • 15 Statistics points can be gained per day.
  • The end of the ROT "day" is 8pm EST/1am GMT.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While I appreciate the overall point of this thread, I think we should stop pretending.......ahh nvm :pirate:

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@ChinaCat if you want to have a little more excitement collecting arrows, go to the Serpentine Passage in Ilshenar. The centaurs there drop between 40 and 80 arrows each, as well as gold. Plus, nothing in there will aggro on you if you have positive karma. The excitement is in the walk to and from, you pass a merry band of dragoons. The paragon ones just want to hug you sooo tight and say welcome back!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
*rubs two copper shillings together before tossing them into this pond*

Siege Perilous isn't for everyone. If you do nothing but complain about all the things in life that you cannot do, you will not be happy here.

If you wander around alone, silently, you will indeed be very bored. You will have no one to help you, and no one who needs anything you have to offer. So, I challenge you. *Throws down a gauntlet at your feet.* Speak up. Introduce yourself in General Chat and/or on the Siege forum. Meet the people here and actually play the game with us. Get INVOLVED with Siege, because on this shard what you say and do have consequences and therefor actually matters.

If nothing else, you should create a character on Siege to x-shard holiday gifts. Having enough skill to get around for the occasional clicky-reward and not get killed along the way by a dark wisp isn't a bad idea. It's not that as though you can only play on one shard.

However, I dare you not to fall in love with Siege Perilous along the way.