• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why Not Making the "Cleaning" for All Seasons?

M

MYUO

I am sure most of you clean your home, uo or rl, not only in spring. Why not leave those "collectors for disposable items" in game and let us turn in our junks all the time? It is not like our junks worth 25000 points and can be mass-produced by newbies from trail accounts. Also, it is not like any of the reward from turn in are as super uber and unbalancing as the seemly unlimited valorite runic items.

The turn in system is a good way to keep players busy between the releases of new contents/events. If new rewards are added to the turn-in, the effect will be more prominent. Come on, it will be a while before SA comes. Players need some motivation to go to doom and get those not so popular arities, to do peerless to get those oversized mushrooms and god-know-how-many-colored corrupted trees, to do spawn to get those non-stackable +10, +15 powerscrolls... The spring cleaning is just over, the junks are already starting to pile up.

Oh, next time, please add ML armor sets and craftable arties to the turn in list. Just make sure give them some decent points.

R

Rix/\

I am sure most of you clean your home, uo or rl, not only in spring. Why not leave those "collectors for disposable items" in game and let us turn in our junks all the time? It is not like our junks worth 25000 points and can be mass-produced by newbies from trail accounts. Also, it is not like any of the reward from turn in are as super uber and unbalancing as the seemly unlimited valorite runic items.

The turn in system is a good way to keep players busy between the releases of new contents/events. If new rewards are added to the turn-in, the effect will be more prominent. Come on, it will be a while before SA comes. Players need some motivation to go to doom and get those not so popular arities, to do peerless to get those oversized mushrooms and god-know-how-many-colored corrupted trees, to do spawn to get those non-stackable +10, +15 powerscrolls... The spring cleaning is just over, the junks are already starting to pile up.

Oh, next time, please add ML armor sets and craftable arties to the turn in list. Just make sure give them some decent points.

I missed out on the whole thing not sure when it actually started. I noticed it had 3 phases adding new rewards to each phase. Be nice to see it as a yearly thing.

M

MYUO

I missed out on the whole thing not sure when it actually started. I noticed it had 3 phases adding new rewards to each phase. Be nice to see it as a yearly thing.
Yeah, that is another good reason to keep it permanently - some players missed the event, new players... Because of the relative short duration of the game, some players may not be aware of it or foud it out too late. I have met quite a few players asking where I got those blue armors. I showed them the turn in collectors and the reward box, they went "ohhh".

R

Rix/\

Yeah, that is another good reason to keep it permanently - some players missed the event, new players... Because of the relative short duration of the game, some players may not be aware of it or foud it out too late. I have met quite a few players asking where I got those blue armors. I showed them the turn in collectors and the reward box, they went "ohhh".
I don't know many people who would want to play a game that they would never have the ability to be equal to another player. Event items, collectables and such as long as they are just eye candy more or less are cool. But giving out weapons and armor for a limited time only and not making them available again makes a new player feel like since he didn't start 11yrs ago he'll never progress in this game like the 11th yr vet. has. For there to be any type of balance in the game Items like weapons and armor should be made available to everyone rather they been here 11yrs or 2 months. I know one of the biggest things in UO is collecting those rare items which ok you have something showing that you where there at that time. But when you goto pvp that persons wearing gear you'll never get isn't going to balance anything.

J

Juicy Fruit

I agree, I had a reason to hunt again and it was enjoyable. If all the rewards were deco even as to not provide unfair advantages, even if they were wearable but didn't provide any buff, just for looks.

And ditto on this ....

"The turn in system is a good way to keep players busy between the releases of new contents/events. If new rewards are added to the turn-in, the effect will be more prominent. Come on, it will be a while before SA comes. Players need some motivation to go to doom and get those not so popular arities, to do peerless to get those oversized mushrooms and god-know-how-many-colored corrupted trees, to do spawn to get those non-stackable +10, +15 powerscrolls... The spring cleaning is just over, the junks are already starting to pile up."

L

Lady Kiara

I to think this is a good idea.

I was happy to hunt again without getting bord,but you have to think of the long run.....

If they keep it going then everyone would have super armour and the gifts would no longer have any value....Then they would beef up the creatures to level the playing field....(stupid purple eagle :hahaha:)

I say once a year is good....

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It actually got me fishing again. I had a lot of fun getting stuff to turn in. I think it should have stayed and just changed the rewards here and there.

P

PixelPusher

Agreed.
The part in red is really true. All 3 armor sets pretty much suck, the rest is pure deco (other than the boots). The only thing (to me) that was worth it was the ring/braclet set. Got mine, got a few deco's and wasted the rest of my points on Alacrity Scrolls (all 7 I couldn't use and have seen sit on vendors for weeks.)
Make it permanent for those that missed out to get the deco's also, to give us something to do between story arc's and a use for all the marties other than house clutter, trash or tossing on the ground.

P

Pasquinade

I agree with this idea.
Except for the jackholes running around Despise who were killing everything for their "random reward drop", I had a good time, and it was fun to turn in things I had acquired in my short time back ingame.

E

Eslake

The original cleanup program was instituted to reduce the world-wide item count on each shard.

Conversely, this one without a doubt accomplished the oposite.

My suggestion would be the ability to obtain Points year-round by throwing anything/everything into trash cans, bins, altars, etc.
Truly junk items might be worth a single point, scaling up by general rarity, but nothing by itself worth realy significant numbers.

That way, rather than hoarding garbage in hopes of some might-happen-this-year cleanup program, people would actually CLEAN UP the place by shoving every leftover piece of junk they could find into the trash.
Then a couple of times each year (spring and fall maybe) put in the NPCs to buy from using the points.

Event items would be worth extra points During an event, and the devs could pick random items now and then to make worth more - and give us clues as to what they might be.
Eg: This week they make ball of yarn worth 25 points each, and give some clue involving sheep. :p It could be fun trying to figure it out each time, and they wouldn't tell us the answer until AFTER they stop giving the bonus.

P

PixelPusher

The original cleanup program was instituted to reduce the world-wide item count on each shard.

Conversely, this one without a doubt accomplished the oposite.

My suggestion would be the ability to obtain Points year-round by throwing anything/everything into trash cans, bins, altars, etc.
Truly junk items might be worth a single point, scaling up by general rarity, but nothing by itself worth realy significant numbers.

That way, rather than hoarding garbage in hopes of some might-happen-this-year cleanup program, people would actually CLEAN UP the place by shoving every leftover piece of junk they could find into the trash.
Then a couple of times each year (spring and fall maybe) put in the NPCs to buy from using the points.

Event items would be worth extra points During an event, and the devs could pick random items now and then to make worth more - and give us clues as to what they might be.
Eg: This week they make ball of yarn worth 25 points each, and give some clue involving sheep. :p It could be fun trying to figure it out each time, and they wouldn't tell us the answer until AFTER they stop giving the bonus.
Ya know, I really, really like this idea... but points should be account based instead of character based for all turn-ins, current and future.

K

Kiminality

Problem was, that the inclusion of items that were useful to low/mid level characters, meant that those items became suddenly unavailable.

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, my car broke down, so I spent all my spare time fixing it the last few weeks I could. I was only able to clear out about 300k points. Though I still have a full house of random minor-artifacts I'll never use, cursed artifacts that I'll never have a use for, and powerscrolls I don't need.

I wish we could have like 1 more week of the turn-ins, that's all I need!

J

J0KING

I would have to agree 100%... If anything... keep the system up and running and occasionally (every spring) add a new reward or two.

It really added a nice new feature for the game and many people enjoyed doing it. After awhile each of us gather so much stuff that even selling it to others is pointless. It was a nice way to stimulate the shards economy (supply/demand) and got us hunting for things to turn in. It was the first time in years that I was out fishing.

They were looking for a way to get people back into the old dungeons... at first the new arties there did it, until people had there fill... then people were back to collect those arties to get points.

Have Fun!!!

R

Radun

:bowdown: good idear

A

Ariel2

i dont agree with this idea at all. It would just be another system people would get bored with as with everything else. It being a 1 time thing made it special. And for people who said they didnt know what was going on must have there head stuck up there bum, its on the client messages when you log on for christ sake. And why should a nubie have the same stuff as someone who been playing for 11 years? It does not take long at all now to build a decent suit with the lowering of the artifact prices and its not hard to get them anyway. To alot of people the whole lure of the reward of getting somthing is the satisfaction of knowing how much work it took to get somthing. Everyone now a days just want everything handed to them without working for it, well not everyone but i good majority.

Hell lets just go back to the days when all you needed was gm armore and weapons or some regs to compete. Yet same people want all the goody trammy **** but dont want to work for it.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we could have like 1 more week of the turn-ins, that's all I need!
We did have a few "one more week"s than were originally planned.

(It was nice to have a sink for a lot of those items - I found I didn't do a lot of farming, but just got a nice little bonus while doing my regular rounds; personally I would like to see a lot of these items added to the existing library or museum collections)

M

MYUO

i dont agree with this idea at all. It would just be another system people would get bored with as with everything else. It being a 1 time thing made it special. And for people who said they didnt know what was going on must have there head stuck up there bum, its on the client messages when you log on for christ sake. And why should a nubie have the same stuff as someone who been playing for 11 years? It does not take long at all now to build a decent suit with the lowering of the artifact prices and its not hard to get them anyway. To alot of people the whole lure of the reward of getting somthing is the satisfaction of knowing how much work it took to get somthing. Everyone now a days just want everything handed to them without working for it, well not everyone but i good majority.

Hell lets just go back to the days when all you needed was gm armore and weapons or some regs to compete. Yet same people want all the goody trammy **** but dont want to work for it.
Given the low point value of the items for turn in, it takes quite a bit of work to get the high level rewards - like 10 doom arty for a piece of armor, or 150 level 6 t maps for one of the two pieces of luck jewlries. Without those 25k point ticket give-aways, I doubt many players can get more than two sets of armors within the time frame that turn-in was active. So it will take a long time before ppl get bored of it. This is not asking stuff handed to us. It require a lot of game playing time.

What I am proposing is having some sort of turn in system in place permanently. If ppl want the previous ones to be unique, the rewards can vary every year as far as they are deco or mid level items for combat.

T

Turdnugget

It sure would be nice to have it ongoing... make better rewards, more USEFUL rewards. Make it like the old school clean up Brit was. You could dump ANYTHING into your trash barrel and get X amount of points and collect your rewards.

They could make the points based on value, artifact rarity, property intesities etc...

Id love a way to get rid of the lower end armor, weapons loot etc from runics and hunting. Like the original clean up Brit was. Be good for getting rid of crap jewels too. Base it on item properties/value.

Make useful rewards like clothing bless deeds, kegs with pots, resources, special hair dye, hair restyles, beard restyles, armor set piece chooser etc...

The bigger the reward the more points you need. I think it would be a great way to clean up all the pixel crap people having laying around their houses. It would free up a lot more storage for actual 'good' items.

Just a thought =0 and they could make certain decor/other cool rewards for certain seasons... like a scarecrow for around Halloween.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do miss turning in the recipes and talismans I got from the heartwood quests. It was just fun to plan on what I was going to get from the cleanup quest.

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I wish they would have something like turns ins active full time.Maybe not for all the spring cleaning stuff but for other less valued things,like SoS`s and low level t maps for example.....or Shoes! God I hate shoes,always water logged and smelly. But really it would be great to have something to dump those less than perfect items into besides the corpse they came off of.

M

MYUO

It would be great if the turn-ins include armors/weapons/jewlries from loot/craft as someone suggested. The difficult part will be how to value the intensities on those items and give points accordingly.

The turn in system has a great potential. Not only can it keep players interested for a long period of time, but also open the possibility of let the points serve as a new trading medium parallel to gold: if the rewards are unique, useful and consumable (e.g. a potion that temperarily boost the skills or stats for 2min; or commodity deeds for wood/ingots/leather/arrows...). If the turn-in system is well designed and non-scriptable/exploitable, it will level the playing field for the "suspeciously" super riches and average players because the points are clean and the gold is not.