• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

WHY? . . . Must PvP equal A-hole behavior?

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do some people think that PvP automatically equals asinine, childish, classless, tasteless, a-hole behavior?
Me and another person from another guild had been doing VvV. Our shard is small so alot of people know each other. This person and I are acquainted he invited me to let's do barracoon. So we go do barracoon. We were having a blast and this childish little punkette ruined it.

We had just finished Coon off. The guild mate of the punkette showed up my buddy was going to offer to share the champ. She informs us K. is coming she'll kill you all. Umm okay. This first girl wasn't bad but the second girl ...well very obviously HER parents didn't believe in manners or spankings.

Then K. the punkette arrives we say hi and next thing I know she one hit kills me and attacks my buddy. He was like "Whoa, what is your damage"? I leave to get rezzed and this little punkette begans to ridicule me over general chat? I haven't said anything I was busy getting rezzed. she just keeps on and on. It was obvious from her language skills she was 10 yrs old ..tops! I did ask her if her mother knew she was up so late. I finally tell her to grow up, and put her on ignore.

What happened to rules of engagement and PARLEY?

You know PvP doesn't have to equal a-hole. You can pvp, have fun, and make friends. I know trash talk is part of the game but if someone hasn't engaged you verbally then why trash them verbally?

I feel like this guy --->:wall:, but I'm probably going to end up like this --->:flame:.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I dunno... I have ran into some pretty rude and hostile trammies. You don't even wanna mess around with some of those Rping Pirates.... *shivers*

I find it ridiculous when people make a generalized statements like yours because they encounter one or two jerk faces in fel. Not all of us pvpers are jerks.... and jerks exist in all walks of the game. pvpers, pvmers, rares collectors.... I could go on and on.
Res up.. go back and kill her, or do something else *shrug*

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno... I have ran into some pretty rude and hostile trammies. You don't even wanna mess around with some of those Rping Pirates.... *shivers*

I find it ridiculous when people make a generalized statements like yours because they encounter one or two jerk faces in fel. Not all of us pvpers are jerks.... and jerks exist in all walks of the game. pvpers, pvmers, rares collectors.... I could go on and on.
Res up.. go back and kill her, or do something else *shrug*
LOL I did. I was frustrated. I know not all pvpers are jerks, but its the jerky ones that have given the group a bad name.
It's like anything else in life, not all white/black/hispanic/Native American, etc people are bad. The nasty bad ones cause trouble and generate negative attention that puts their whole race/ethiniticity in a negative light.
Same with pvpers a few predatory jerks ruined it to the point Trammel was created, and essentially killed Felucca.
Not all Trammies are nasty, neither are role playing pirates, and I was using parley in the sense of cease hostilities to talk.
We invited them to join us champ spawning, they acted like male reproductive organs, pked us, and then spewed crap over gen chat. I guess we brought it on ourselves by being nice.

From now on my policy is F everyone, get in my way; I pk you friend, foe, sister, or guild mate. That's the ULTIMA ONLINE WAY, RIGHT?