• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why make the Treasure Chest vanish while we still fight the guardians????

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got this lvl 7 map in Ilshar - and with my rng luck... it initial spawned 4 renegade changelings and 4 enslaved satyrs.

This was on a low population server in the prime time - and even if I begged for help in general chat, no one came to help.

The hard time was to separate the renegaders so I could take them out one by one...they kept jumping from screen to screen, and took turns on me.

When the last renegade was redlined, the chest just vanished... Now THAT pissed me off... What bad coding is it to make the chest vanish if you still fight the spawn???

:yell:

LordAngelus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Limited time condition in games is meant to add challenge, if you were garanteed to be able to do all the content 100% of the time it would be pretty lame

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Limited time condition in games is meant to add challenge, if you were garanteed to be able to do all the content 100% of the time it would be pretty lame
May be so - but then the timeframe is wrong, or the counter should reset when one of the guardians got killed. Some things are not ment to be able to do alone, but t-hunting have never been that.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What is the timer for the chest to disappear anyways ? Does it depend on the level of the treasure also ?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I believe the timer is 30 minutes. You just have to plan out your level 7 chests. I keep my tram and fel maps for when my wife or a friend can do them with me. It takes me a long time to kill off the frost dragons and I know it will disappear before I get them down. It would be nice if the timer started when you unlock the chest instead of when the guardians spawn.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the timer is 30 minutes. You just have to plan out your level 7 chests. I keep my tram and fel maps for when my wife or a friend can do them with me. It takes me a long time to kill off the frost dragons and I know it will disappear before I get them down. It would be nice if the timer started when you unlock the chest instead of when the guardians spawn.

Hmmm, 30 minutes is too short a time for a level 7 IMHO. For the highest level treasure it should be a longer timer I think, at least twice that much (1 hour...).

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hmmm, 30 minutes is too short a time for a level 7 IMHO. For the highest level treasure it should be a longer timer I think, at least twice that much (1 hour...).

30 minutes has been fine for me. I have no issues doing Malas, Tokuno, and Ter Mur level 7's. If it is Tram or Fel, I will take someone with me due to the Frost Dragons. I can kill them solo but it takes a while and I will lose a chest that way.

You just need to get a method down and you should be fine. I have a rune set a couple of screens away. I precast recall as I am digging and I click my rune as the guardians pop up. I then invis and go back and grab them one at a time.

What is your template?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That's a very BAD decision to shrink the decay time on Treasure chests considering that the Ultima Online population is severely less than what it used to be and MOST OFTEN it is not possible to put together a hunting party....

This is NOT adding challenge, IMHO, this is making the game unplayable to many.

The Treasure Chests decay timer should be no less than 3, at most 2 hours, at least for the higher level chests. This, if the developers want players to play Treasure Hunting....

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with Mandrake and Popps. The timer should be an hour rather than 30 minutes. If some are finding a way to do all L7 chests in 30 minutes, good for you - that means more chests per session and more loot for you. But I see no good reason to make this a requirement for everyone.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Wow, I have never seen a treasure chest "go poof" while I was looting it. But I try to stay away from Ilsh though. Can someone tell me when this changed? I dug up 4 Level 7's last night with no problems. Of course now that I have read this, the next chest I dig up WILL disappear on me while I am looting it. But even if it does, I think that the greatly improved loot makes up for the possibility of not being able to loot ALL of it. Heck, if it were easy, everybody would be doing it!

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wow, I have never seen a treasure chest "go poof" while I was looting it. But I try to stay away from Ilsh though. Can someone tell me when this changed? I dug up 4 Level 7's last night with no problems. Of course now that I have read this, the next chest I dig up WILL disappear on me while I am looting it. But even if it does, I think that the greatly improved loot makes up for the possibility of not being able to loot ALL of it. Heck, if it were easy, everybody would be doing it!
Is the L7 loot significantly better than the L6 loot?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Is the L7 loot significantly better than the L6 loot?
Well, there are obviously more items to go through, which gives more of a chance of something nice to keep, as well as more stuff to unravel for relic frags. But best of all (in my opinion) the level 7's give you a chance at a MASTER skeleton key (which automatically opens any chest on the first try, but is a 1 use item). Also, coffin pieces drop only on level 7's. Which is a long winded way of saying that yes, I think the level 7's are significantly better. FYI, there is much more to the high seas pack than just the level 7 map ability. It is well worth the one time cost! The extra storage alone is worth the $$$.