• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why isn't the "pet name" drop working?

M

Millie

Is it a bug I need to report or is it something they have deleted for a silly reason?

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is still working but your pet must be bonded. Another limitation is that it will not work if your pet's name has spaces ("Packy drop" will work, while "a packy drop" will not work).

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only other thing I can think of is that your pet died before you recovered items from its pack, and those items would have gone to its corpse.

Does your pet acknowledge the command at all?

Wenchy

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 'drop' command has been disabled. This was an un-documented change in pub 53 or 54. I presume a hack to fix a bug, possibly related to the duping problem.

D

Devil_Woman

It worked for me this morning with my recently bonded dread warhorse. I did have to issue the command twice though before he actually complied.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leto it hasn't been disabled, I just tested it to be sure - working fine.

Wenchy

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 'drop' command has been disabled. This was an un-documented change in pub 53 or 54. I presume a hack to fix a bug, possibly related to the duping problem.
Damn, you are right. Just checked it. That must be recent because I remember using it when a dread horse became bonded.

M

Millie

This is just BS if Mystic has disabled it to fix a hack bug instead of fixing the hack. Is this going to be another thing a honest player has to put up with becouse Mystic is to lazy to fix things right? *grumbles*

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isn't disabled - see above tests. If you have tried everything above, submit a bug report, but it certainly hasn't been disabled. Otherwise my pet wouldn't have dropped gold for me this afternoon.

Alternatively, give us all the details of your problem and more of us can test what you were doing and see if we find anything.

Wenchy

D

Devil_Woman

It isn't disabled - see above tests. If you have tried everything above, submit a bug report, but it certainly hasn't been disabled. Otherwise my pet wouldn't have dropped gold for me this afternoon.
And my dread warhorse dropped for me this morning when I tried it, but, as I posted before, he didn't do it until the second time I gave the command.

M

Millie

Having a newly tamed/bonded pet drop its original loot and Having a packie drop it's stored stuff are different types of drop.
1) A new tame will only drop once. It gives you the loot it had on it that would of been yours if you would of killed it.
2) Asking a packie to drop stuff you place on it. IE: a miner ask his packie to drop the ore it's holding in front of the forge so that the miner can easily smelt it from the ground, with out having to move it in to his pack.

None of the Horse Packie, Blue-bug or Llama packies on my 2 accounts will drop my ore and stone to smelt them.
None on my husbands account will either.
None have double names or spaces and I have used the command for years.
I have not how ever used it in the last few months and I am miffed that it is not working.
I have re-installed my game also and it did not fix the problem.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the command works fine, I retrieved 8 arrows that the juka shot into my warhorse by using that command yesterday

M

Millie

Is a Warhorse a packie? Can you place things on them and then ask them to drop them?

A

Aboo

I had a mare and a dreadhorse drop loot for me yesterday. Of course I had to change their name from "A Nightmare" to "Nightmare" before it would drop.

D

Devil_Woman

The warhorse isn't a packy. Petra is saying hers got shot with arrows by a Juka, and she retrieved them from the warhorse using the drop command.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I could be, and probably am, wrong, but I don't believe pack animals have ever done that, at least not since bonding. I think the theory is that if you can open their pack to retrieve what they carry the drop command isn't needed.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having a newly tamed/bonded pet drop its original loot and Having a packie drop it's stored stuff are different types of drop.
1) A new tame will only drop once. It gives you the loot it had on it that would of been yours if you would of killed it.
2) Asking a packie to drop stuff you place on it. IE: a miner ask his packie to drop the ore it's holding in front of the forge so that the miner can easily smelt it from the ground, with out having to move it in to his pack.

None of the Horse Packie, Blue-bug or Llama packies on my 2 accounts will drop my ore and stone to smelt them.
None on my husbands account will either.
None have double names or spaces and I have used the command for years.
I have not how ever used it in the last few months and I am miffed that it is not working.
I have re-installed my game also and it did not fix the problem.
Ok, I don't think pack critters were intended to drop items in this way, but I haven't seen any documented change for it in any publish notes. Hard to say if this is intended or not, when you didn't know a feature existed. In all honesty I've always just taken stuff out the pack critter and smelted it, and more recently smelt on fire bug then use pack horse to shift it home.

You can always try reporting it as a bug and sending a question to Jeremy to see if it can be included in the FoF.

Wenchy

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it use to work (On Beetles & packies) & did for a long time. I have not used mine in ages (7 mos or better) but it worked for years when I use to mine. Was like Millie said, single word pet name & drop. It use to drop all my ore in 1 pile & just click away at the stacked diff types of ore & smelt away at the forge.

Tried the same pets/packies I used months ago & not a one now Drop on command. Nice move guys