• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why is New Haven a garbage dump?

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic. I know some people drop bits of loot there for newbies to find, and that's fine. But every time I go there, someone has dumped the 400 easels they made to raise carpentry, or 50 goza deeds, or a whole pile of NPC-grade plate chests that no newbie could wear even if they wanted to.

I mean, what the crap? Can we get a trash box in New Haven already?

Crafters, nobody wants your 700 music stands, just throw that crap away!

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always snatch up all the metal items left behind - I do more recycling in UO than in real life.

R

Ravenspyre

People are slobs in real life and in games. They are just more so in a game, because they have little to worry about the repurcussions of it all. If you really want to see bad, go to test server someday. I am sure the landfill for your server will look like Central Park compared to test.

D

DeadMeat

I tend to drop a lot of stuff at Pac Haven when I'm house cleaning or IDOC dumping. BUT..I work my crafters at Luna usually so I can use the trashcan and see who's runnin around.

F

Fortyniner

If people stopped dropping stuff there the newbies would think the trash spawn was broken.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recommend portable trash containers or trash bags in UO, something that is long-overdue in my opinion..

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't drop anything on the ground, I always find a trash bin to put it in. But personally, I am glad some people leave things on the ground. Espically if I'm just starting out on a new shard. I recently started a new character on Atlantic, and thanks to someone working up bowcrafting at the bank, and just dropping bags full of bows on the floor, I now have over 18k in the bank that I really didn't do anything for. It really helped getting him outfitted and somewhat established.