• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why DON'T you PvP?

G

Okay, I know the rules.. pvp posts in the pvp thread..

But this is NON-pvp: why don't you pvp?

Just a question leveled at all those who choose NOT to have pvp as part of their regular play-style. Am I among those? Probably, if you take an average of the amount of time I spend engaged in that particular type of interaction, I'd come out as dyed-in-the-wool trammie RP pervert. Not that RP need be confined to Trammel...

But anyways... just curious as to why some would negate Felucca or pvp in general as an option..

So, without facet-specific sledging or other one-sided bigotry implied.. why don't you engage in player-versus-player battle?

I'm hoping this thread is taken in the vein it's intended, no malice or otherwise inferred or intended.

(edit: why is it when I go to type pvp I type pcp instead?)

I

imported_shonsu

I am based in the United States, and play Oceania because of the overall cool laid back players. But Ping>200 assures me certain death in Fel, irrespective of my poor PVP skills.

K

Kaybrielle

I assure you that once my skills in UO are not all shakey I will put my little Kaylam back as a pk and pvp with all my chars like I use to

G

i didnt because of the people that were there. I dont need to cop the sort of abuse and slander they were spewing forth so i just didnt bother.
Now they are alegidly gone, i might wander on back and start having a go again. granted im going to fail miserably because its so different to what i was used to. but ill be alot happier to go back.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cos whenever the times ive tried to get involved its usuialy just rudness. I mean, i put in a good fight, as my body gets looted (which i dun care about, thats all part of it) but i dont want to be insulted. I dont expect them to say, "Hey, good try, better luck next time!" but some of the crap that comes out of the 'mouths' of the genral pvp population keeps me in tram.

G

1) I lack the skills or the knowledge to pvp at an enjoyable level... for anyone I am killed to easy and die to fast for either side to enjoy it.

2) like others have stated the abuse and personal attacks before, during and after the battles just make it point less and just a situation I do not wish to be involved in.

K

Kaybrielle

I die fast too but I am happy to get one shot off LOL (small things amuse small minds I guess)

In saying that though my main pvper is only at the wicked status so she must not have been too good.

W

wobblegut

to put it simply I am too easy to kill. In PvM I can control the level of difficulty by being cautious and avoiding places I know will get me killed too quick.With PvP I am at the mercy of whoever comes along either I am easy pickings(usually) or if I am surprisingly stronger than my opponent I just do not care enough to bother with them. I also have young kids so I tend to be distracted too easily and often have to quit the game on short notice which leaves me playing a very relaxed no risk style of game.

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

I'm supprised no one has just said "you know what, it just doesnt interest me"

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'm supprised no one has just said "you know what, it just doesnt interest me"

[/ QUOTE ]

I noticed that too. It may have been the phrasing of the question, probably came off as a challenge &amp; put people on the defensive.

Anyhow, some interesting answers. Myself, I simply haven't given it the attention I did prior to AoS.. the "new math" kinda turns me off. One other thing I never got the hang of was keeping up with who's who, but I'm making more of an effort these days. I'm hoping to learn to play a mage, soon, or begin learning..

G

<blockquote><hr>

(...)it just doesnt interest me

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much exactly what I was going to put =P It really doesnt interest me. Everynow and then I think I should try, I even start to create a character, then totally lose interest.

It's kinda like the "weekend warriors" that go off and have mock battles IRL, just not something I would ever see myself doing. However I never totally write it off either. Maybe one day, something will spark in my brain and PvP will be what I really *do* want to do =)

Actually reading over this before I post it, and noticed I wrote "I think I should try" - the word "should" - that kinda explains it. I feel like I *should* try, cos it's part of the game experience, never really that I *want* to try =)

K

Kaybrielle

I dont understand why people need to flame others or put them down, this is a game whether you are good at it or not atleast you gave them a few more kills, so many games are like this now which is why I returned to UO yeah we had our oh he is a crap player but if you go to WoW you hear a lot worse.

If the flaming is why you dont pvp, dont let their words get to you so much just go out have fun and ignore their crap.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

...there is 1v1 you just need to ask for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends who you ask. As a whole i disagree with you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

...there is 1v1 you just need to ask for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends who you ask. As a whole i disagree with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well under normal Fel field fighting situations 1v1s are rare, but most PvPers should be more than happy to 1v1 if asked. You will often find that under duel situations PvPers are usually much more friendly and relaxed also, at least in my experience.

I'm always up for a 1v1/duel so if anyone ever wants to duel me feel free to ask

G

Yeah generally if you run into a group of reds its a case of who can get the kill 1st...hence the gank lol. But yeah if you ask for a duel and as long as its not around total idiots people will happily stand by and watch, unfortunetly it doesnt always work out... Get a few blues recall in on you when your red and dueling in guard zone and they sometimes get trigger happy, bit lame and annoying but you get that.

All in all ignore the comments, hell one day i soloed a spawn and got raided by both the rons drac and pet and i got called a variety of more then colourful names which was quite amusing, mainly about how crap I was, which when coming from 4 red pvpers against 1 crap spawner was a bit rich.

This is another reason why I think we should hold another pvp comp so people can get a bit of a taste for it. Could even have it so there are 2 level, 1 for the beginners and one for the rest, Kat pull your finger out...after I can log back in and let you use that house...