• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Why does mining only get 2 ingots?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found my self low on ingots; so went out to do some mining.. When you LJ you get 10 boards.. but when you mine, you only get 2 ingots. What's the deal?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are four kinds of ore:
- 1 yields 2 ingots
- 2 yield 1 ingot
- 1 yield .5 ingot
You get the later ones if you mine longer on a spot/until it is empty. You get twice as much ore if you mine in fel Dont forget that you are likely going to loose some higher quality ingots on smelting fails.

The difference between mining and lumbering is that most of the lumbering spots last only very few swings with your axe.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's the way it's always been. What's the big deal?

LJing and Mining both after their positives and negatives. In the end, they are pretty much equal.