• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do this? 'A griefer's guide'

• Thread starter walletinspector
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

walletinspector

Before anyone replies, telling me to go to another location to train my skills..please consider everyone here pays to play the game and if we can make suggestions and what not to improve it, then we should welcome such things.

I decided this year to make a tamer finally. It's the only template I don't have. I asked around and did some research as to the best way to go about it. I always heard 'go to the jhelome bullpens'. I worked my skill up to mid 80's on Ice Isle but tired of the constant orc spawn so I decided to try the bullpens. I figured bullpens=free from dealing with danger while I worked this skill, which would be nice.

Now here is the part of the story where I'm going to complain. I went to trammel side Jhelome bull pen and was eager to start my training. The only problem, no bulls. I was confused since this is where everyone was raving about when asked where should I go to train. I was disappointed. After being bummed out about it, I started to get angry. Where did the bulls go, why aren't they respawning... Who took the bulls, where did they take them to, and why?

After some investigation this is what I've found: Who took the bulls = name sounds sort of like showgamer. Where are they taking the bulls = onto a boat in the middle of nowhere within the subserver. Why = simply to grief others so that they can't enjoy the benefits of the bull pens ( he does this both in trammel and felucca). He does this without fail everyday. At one point in the day, the bulls will refresh or something and return back to the pens but he goes and retames them and moves them to this boat again. The bulls won't respawn in the pens, because they haven't been removed from the subserver. If you check uo automap, that subserver is huge. Looking for those bulls was hard.

After paging GMs several times about it and not getting any kind of assistance, I've come to stratics to ask other posters to please, PLEASE, PLEASE if they know this person or persons like this, please ask them to stop doing such a petty thing. I see this happening with cu sidhes as well (where the griefer moved them to the Meer town). It needs to stop.

I just want maybe a couple of hours a day to work my skill in peace. I figured such actions would be considered griefing or some kind of harassment since it's happening in trammel.

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This complaint is as old as Napa itself. Not much you can do about it to be honest except maybe go to the Fel side and kill his character there for some small measure of satisfaction.

S

Sunrise

See there is no balance in this game...

Im sorry for your taming issues, but the guy does that to keep the scripters from training there. Because of cheaters, the honest players are hurt. On one hand this bull tamer is doing a good thing..On the other hand its hurting honest players....and theres nothing a GM can or will do..

Your best bet..travel the lands...find some more animals to train...Did U say Ice island and the polar bears???

btw I don't know the guy or gal or who ever it maybe. BUT going to fel sounds like a good idea...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In Tokuno, there's a 2-gaman spawn north of the town of Zento and a multi-gaman spawn around the Homare-Jima gate that you might want to investigate for getting your taming gains. The Zento spawn area is completely safe. The Homare-Jima spawn area is generally also pretty safe, but occasionally someone will be chased by a ronin, revenant lion, yamotso warrior, bake kitsune or tsuki wolf into the area. The monks that wander the area looking for poor souls to rez will help you fight any of those things if you manage to get the monk between your character and the monster.

B

Bluebottle

I just checked around my Ocllo properties - plenty of bulls there - just have to pop over to Fel - and Ocllo is pretty darned quiet most of the time.

K

kalzaketh

yes that hurts greatly, to have happen I myself spent much time training atamer to take abit of the sting from it, asecondary location to try taming is north of makato jima follow the road upto the mountain before the dessert, got toward the east along the mount, there are dire wolves and fast spawning gamen, the gamen are about equal to abull for taming goodluck to you. hope it helps out.

P

Pacem

You might want to try this out:
When my home was on Atlantic, I used to go to where the great harts spawned in Trinsic. They spawn on an island on the other side of a long sandstone bridge connecting it with the town. It took me a while but I GM'd on taming great harts, and there are lots of them, along with hinds (npc reds here and there, a small nuisance).

Q

quikset

Just go to the Felucca side Jhelom bullpens. Gate is inside town guards, as is the bullpen itself. Bring along a something that can kill a bull pretty quick (since you're a tamer), a daggar, and a pair of scissors. You'd be amazed how many resources you can get while training up your taming.

Other option, strip naked and then walk through the mountain pass W of Trinsic into T2A Delucia on the Felucca side. Still the best bull spawn in the game. If you get killed running over there, you won't lose anything. Get rezzed in town, restock at the bank, and tame away. Half the bull spawn is inside the mountain range in town, and the other half in the valley just N of town outside the guard zone. Occasional mongbat spawn or orc spawn. Never seen another player there.

W

walletinspector

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I did find a nice spot (will keep it to myself in case that pesky person decides to go steal these bulls as well). It is very nice that everyone was helpful. I am still disappointed about Jhelome. As for scriptors...you page, page, page. Isn't there some kind of 3 strikes rule? For someone to steal them each day like this and put them someplace within the subserver so they don't respawn should be considered "using game mechanics to interfere with another player's gameplay", clearly against TOS.

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ders lots of other places to go tames. Bees patient. Parts of da damns games is to adventure outs, and finds dem.

This is not a Halo. Dis is UO.

Guess dats whys fer somes of us, wees comes backs afters whiles and whiles.