• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why do I have a Rune Beetle that is a 4 slot before training

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title says, I got out my rune beetle and started training him, got 12 points on first level and noticed he is a 4 slot instead of a 3 slot - why?

Bearclaw

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its because rune beetles seem to spawn with stats and attributes that put them right near the 3 slot to 4 slot break point. I had tamed and stabled five 170 stamina rune beetles before the publish to see if they would keep the 170 stamina after the publish (they did not). Three of the 5 ended up at 3 slot and two of them were 4 slot after the publish.

After looking at the differences between the five beetles, It looks to me like you can calculate the weighted value of the resists, stats (str, dex, int) and attributes (hp, stam, mana) and add them together. If the total is over 3700 it will likely be a 4 slot rune beetle. If the total is under 3700 it will likely be a 3 slot beetle. I have not tested the exact break point so it might not be exactly 3700, but its got to be pretty close to that. This 3700 would only apply to a rune beetle, because I'm ignoring the special abilities that it has since all rune beetles should have the same special abilities and other animals have different special abilities which would change things.

If I'm not mistaken (and I haven't done a lot of testing yet), it seems like the ideal rune beetle would add up to around 3690 or so such that you would have the near maximum total for a 3 slot pet thus allowing you to maximize the use of the points you get for the 4 slot and 5 slot training levels.