• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why did they do that?

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started a new account today to have another character to play around with. Logged on to a production shard and renounced my young status. But I couldn't see Siege in the server list.
Gave it 15 minutes or so and then paged a GM. Got a response that I have to be online 40 hours before I can play on that scary shard...
Naturally I didn't believe him, I know for a fact that I did not have to wait 40 hours back in april when i last made a new account. So I paged again. Then I got the same answer with the explanation that they have changed it! And I got a link as proof, this.

With only one computer am I now supposed to leave uo open on a server i surely don't want to play for 40 hours?! I can't believe how stupid this is!

G

However, we can take hope from the fact that EA FAQs regarding UO are updated once every blue moon, at the time when a new baby smurf is created (this has only happened once in recorded history).

On one of my accounts, for some reason, after I renounced my young status, I had to wait until server up the next day before I could see Siege on the server list. Just that one account.

Try again tomorrow, maybe?

*crosses fingers*

-Skylark

G

That is soooo Lame... I was getting ready to buy a new account too so I can have 2 toons on siege as well. That really bites the big one

G

*tries to wrap his mind around this* That is quite shocking. Really, it is.

G

I took the question to Uhall. I will patiently await an answer.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't understand how someone could think it's a good change. I mean someone must have thought "Hey, this will make the players more happy!"

G

*deep inside the EAMythic cavern of doom*

dark robed figure #1: heh heh with this change maybe the siege community will finally get the hint.

dark robed figure #2: Whats that change sir?

dark robed figure #1: I have made it where the noobs cannot just create a new account a log right on to siege , now they MUST play the trammel shards, this way they will be addicted to insurance and give up on Siege all together, heh heh heh.

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made a new user in xp and thought i should leave the account logged in the background. Anyway, I noticed I was young again. So I renounced once more and lo and behold, when I relogged I could select siege.
Now I don't know what to think;
Did i pass out from anger and it really is 40 hours later?
Did both the GM's lie to me and I was bugged?
Or did they quickly change it back?

Anyways I'm happy as could be!

G

You typed in the phrasing wrong.

Its a very specific phrase and there are so many general commands its easy to mi**** one word, espiically denounce a lot of people put denouce i know it took me more than 2 hours to figure it out the last time i made a newbie account for holding a house.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just made a new user in xp and thought i should leave the account logged in the background. Anyway, I noticed I was young again. So I renounced once more and lo and behold, when I relogged I could select siege.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...my faith in their outdated/incorrect information is restored!

Now, you better be thankful that you won't be having to take care of a baby smurf, although now that you are on Siege, if you run into WyRm and he starts sputtering at you about despicable blues, don't be confused...he doesn't have a baby smurf either.

-Skylark

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

You typed in the phrasing wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]
No I didn't. I checked and I didn't show the young flag. Plus I know I got it right since I got the gump telling me it was dangerous to remove it.

G

Very good. Jeremy is looking into that. Communication is a wonderful thing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

*tries to wrap his mind around this* That is quite shocking. Really, it is.

[/ QUOTE ]Oh, come on folks, someone complains that the promo accounts allowed
people to mess up Factions, now they &lt; developers &gt; have done something to
stop it, you people are never statisfied with results!
I wonder why the developers should ever listen to SP complainers.
Ungradful, &lt;deleted&gt;.
*stares*
Yahaxithonix

J

Jason619

When I made my second account, I was able to see siege as soon as i renounced my young player status.

G

In my experience you log in the the prodo shard say, "I renounce my young player status." log out, log back into the same char on same server, say the thing again and then you're good to go.

G

OP.

Try this: make 5 characters on a shard, give one character all the gold, and buy a bunch of various skills until you have more than 500 skill points. It'll auto-renounce your "young" player status, circumvent the 40 hour thing, and let you hop on Siege Perilous the next time you log in.

This is what I did just last week.

-Nienna.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Man, i got worried about our ghost cams for a sec there

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was what I was thinking too. That they had changed it to prevent trial account ghost caming on Siege.

Too bad it wasn´t so...

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

I can't understand how someone could think it's a good change. I mean someone must have thought "Hey, this will make the players more happy!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you answered your own question... They don't care if we are happy... that is not high on their priority list. They started out arrogant as if we were there for them and our part in the whole business was secondary..and this attitude continues to this day.. It goes to show how great this game was for it to have withstood for so long despise the years of bad decisions...

mikni

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If someone else should have this problem;
I did try logging in and out several times over 15-20 minutes after I renounced. I also tried to re-renounce. Nothing worked. What actually did work in the end was making a character on another shard. I was still young there and could renounce a second time. After that siege showed up.
The problem with the misinformed GM's still remain though.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now get in seige and get your self some help! we have some reds waiting to help you out. as always carry all your new gold and items and look for help just outside the luna walls.