• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why cheat the game ? Play it well !!!!

• Thread starter MonaLittlemore
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MonaLittlemore

I have been reading the posts all day , Its pretty freaking sad people cant play the game and have to try and find a way around the rules..The developers work hard to try and fix this this game and now thanks to people who cheat have more work in front of them that they ddint need..They could have been working on real problems and not ones created by some Mofos that cant play the game without cheating ..Thank god Im not running the game they should be banned *Or maybe where a sighn on there bio ..*IM A CHEATER*...Or better yet Put there money in a the negative and make them work there butts out of it !!!

M

MonaLittlemore

LOL just reread that ..So many typos ..But I was so mad
Thanks for getting it lol

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I have been reading the posts all day , Its pretty freaking sad people cant play the game and have to try and find a way around the rules..The developers work hard to try and fix this this game and now thanks to people who cheat have more work in front of them that they ddint need..They could have been working on real problems and not ones created by some Mofos that cant play the game without cheating ..Thank god Im not running the game they should be banned *Or maybe where a sighn on there bio ..*IM A CHEATER*...Or better yet Put there money in a the negative and make them work there butts out of it !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't just the cheaters this time. My husband found the bug this morning and immediately reported it so my guess is that the game would have went down anyway. I believe that many did try to cheat and take advantage of it though and that is what is keeping the game in maintenance. I can't believe that any person would find this bug and try to use it for thier advantage
. Makes me want to use them to hold my pinata.

R

Riley-

LOL Shirl

But agreed.. there needs to be reprecussions, somewhere... somehow.

M

MonaLittlemore

Sad thing is it hurt everyone that plays the game
And they should be made a example of...Might just make people think before doing that .. I work hard for what I have which isnt a lot ..But I love the game
If people need money that bad and cant play with in the rules , They should play offline sims and make their own rules because to me they dont play well with others

I

imported_Jessie Taylor

Better yet, Printed on their sims face in bold letters. And definatly put there money in the negative, and if they're a paid account and they cancel, charge the for the simoleans requred to bring their account to zero.

M

MonaLittlemore

Wouldnt that be most deserving
Hopefully the shame of all this will help people to not take advantage of the exploits if it arises again

I

imported_Danny Dots

I know, I am high disgusted that people are trying to cheat the game... It is what it is, if you don't like it, then go somewhere else... I mean did they really think they would get away with it? It's like stealing a bunch of money from a bank, I'm sure with this new economy, the dev team can clearly see that someones got a hold of a lot of money very quickly!

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

I won't lie, I'd pay to see their accounts attached with the word "Exploiter" permanently, whether or not they create new sims or not. I'd get a kick out of it.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

by some Mofos that cant play the game

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know who you are or what your cause is.. but I like the way you talk.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

What was the bug? Another stupid money cheat or what

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't been on in 2 days, because I went on a Disney Vacation, so I'm also confused lol. What was this bug money bug that required objects to be sold?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What was the bug? Another stupid money cheat or what

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't been on in 2 days, because I went on a Disney Vacation, so I'm also confused lol. What was this bug money bug that required objects to be sold?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know, and I dont even know if it is a money bug.. Wondering myself, looking for answers! lol

G

If you read the blog about welcoming blazing falls you'll get more info there.

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. It's ridiculous that so many accounts had to take advantage of the same bug. I can see 1 or 2 people but dang.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

If you read the blog about welcoming blazing falls you'll get more info there.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the welcoming BF post.

<blockquote><hr>

EA-Land is coming down for a brief maintenance. The maintenance is to put the finishing touches on the Blazing Falls merge.

Please, provide a warm welcome for them.

Regards,

gk

Edit:

As you have probably realized we discoverd an issue. The bug itself has been resolved. We are now in the process of un-winding the effects of the bug. Sorry for the delay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still short on info, I knew it was a bug lol.

V

vapd3317

unfortunately, it would be against the RoC to discuss the details of it on these boards.

B

Bamse41

Some ppl never understnad the meaning of the word GAME . Always have to find a way to cheat. Wonder how does ppl are in rl life ? What i mean should be done is never set up the ATM's so ppl can sell money back to maxis. All the ppl on here who are playing the game for fun should do a hunt all over internet to find sites and places where ppl try to sell things from the game for real money and report what we find to the dev's. They can do something with it . I think this is the only way to stop ppl from trying to cheat . Like it is now they try to find a way to earn rl money out of this game. All of us who are playing the game for fun let's get this cheaters out of here for good . if someone find a site , scammer or anything that are not allowed to do in the game spread the word. And last stop buying money from this guys ppl lets earn our money the hard way for me that is some of the fun with the game and make me more proved of what i have
:):)

S

Sims2

i agree they should not cheat and they should tell if there was an exploit. i also agree with keeping ealand down as long as they have to to make sure everything gets fixed before it is opened

G

Well the problem is, I don't believe any one person caused this to happen. Someone did find this bug, told all his friends, they told theirs... you get the point. Besides, we can't talk about what the bug was or what they did to have it happen because it is again the TOS here. I was in the community pub last night in TC3 and Pari wouldn't say a word about it. Think about it, you tell people about the bug... don't you think the cheaters would try and duplicate it or use some fashion to recreate something very close to it?

EA Land being down this long I am ok with. It is for the better of the game. I play this game for fun and I enjoy making every simolean I have. I was one of the multimillionaires in AV. I miss the money but I am enjoying the fun that comes with working hard to make my money.

Cheaters need to either be banned or tagged (If they can prove someone did it on purpose. I would hate for someone who found a bug on accident, was told "No, they increased payouts" and that innocent person get banned). I love the idea of tagging them with CHEATER or something, but in reality, that would never work. With all the free e-mail accounts and such... they could get away with it. But, it would be funny as heck.

M

MonaLittlemore

I have to agree !!! I dont think these people are someone I would like out of game ...And I hope I dont meet them in game either :*( Yesterday was supposed to be a wonderfull day getting all our aviators merged..*And my only day off* And it was all screwed up by some greedy people !!! may they never be able to have any money again &lt;---------Monas curse....I know its not very ugly ..But ...god hates ugly

M

MonaLittlemore

Well lets hope all this makes people think twice next time before they decide to take advantage of it
But I am for them all being tagged a thief ...Im sure tho Karma will catch up ..I heard she was a toughie

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have to agree !!! I dont think these people are someone I would like out of game ...And I hope I dont meet them in game either :*( Yesterday was supposed to be a wonderfull day getting all our aviators merged..*And my only day off* And it was all screwed up by some greedy people !!! may they never be able to have any money again &lt;---------Monas curse....I know its not very ugly ..But ...god hates ugly

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO... god hates ugly

B

Bamse41

if u hear about a cheat or know any who are doing it you dont have to tell in a forum so other ppl see it mail right to the dev's they can check it and see if what you say is true. What i think is importent is to get those ppl who are selling money , rares and other things outside the game for rl money . When they find a way to stop that then it will also be less reasons to cheat . There should have been a team of trusted ppl who have time and wanna do this to hunt down all the selling going around . If im not very wrong it is illigal to if they dont pay taxes for what they earn on this

G

The first thing any honest person in game needs to do is report this to the dev team right away. DO NOT TAKE PART IN THE BUG! If you do, it will make you no better than those who either caused/found the bug and did nothing about it.

In my personal opinion, I agree with keeping EA Land down this long. I know it's a hardship on all of us, but this way the dev team can look into the issue as a whole. Worse thing we could have is this issue to come up again.

G

the bestest or goodererererest part of this, is it shows they can trace things. So that in itself should be a warning to everyone (not accusing anyone) that "big brother" can now monitor you. Should something happen like a scam, it's easy for them to "view" the transaction. This in itself is a good thing as now things can be fixed. People who say they "had a rare and it dissappeared" can more than likely get it back as they can check the files, however it can backfire if you are saying this to trash the game and never had one. Those rules and regs can really come to bite you in the butt at times huh.

Good job Devs and company!!! Track down the "dirty dogs" (said in my best James Cagney voice) and settle the score. Thanks for staying up all night to help the process of cleaning up the mess, don't envy you one little bit.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

The first thing any honest person in game needs to do is report this to the dev team right away. DO NOT TAKE PART IN THE BUG! If you do, it will make you no better than those who either caused/found the bug and did nothing about it.

In my personal opinion, I agree with keeping EA Land down this long. I know it's a hardship on all of us, but this way the dev team can look into the issue as a whole. Worse thing we could have is this issue to come up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with you Duncan. That's exactly what my husband did. As a matter of fact, he wanted me to help him get the Dev's email addy's and sim names so he could get this info to them ASAP because the bug was actually easy for any store operator to fall up on and he knew that it wouldn't take long for some dishonest knitt to find it and try to take advantage. I do believe if it hadn't of been reported when it was, we would have been faced with a money wipe because look at how long the Dev's have been working to recover just the amount that was exploited in such a small amount of time. I know that a couple other true honest people found and reported it as well. I think these people are awesome for making these reports in such a timely manner, because I would not want to face another money wipe. I hope when they find the individuals who tried to take advantage of this bug they ban them for life. I am furious, can you tell?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% with you Duncan. That's exactly what my husband did. As a matter of fact, he wanted me to help him get the Dev's email addy's and sim names so he could get this info to them ASAP because the bug was actually easy for any store operator to fall up on and he knew that it wouldn't take long for some dishonest knitt to find it and try to take advantage. I do believe if it hadn't of been reported when it was, we would have been faced with a money wipe because look at how long the Dev's have been working to recover just the amount that was exploited in such a small amount of time. I know that a couple other true honest people found and reported it as well. I think these people are awesome for making these reports in such a timely manner, because I would not want to face another money wipe. I hope when they find the individuals who tried to take advantage of this bug they ban them for life. I am furious, can you tell?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its great that some of the more real folk reported it ASAP. I once knew of a woman in TC who would tell people not to report the "good bugs"

And the way I look at the downtime is, next time there is something big going down, they'll have a better idea on how to deal with it...

G

Reality is, everyone is hurting for money. That is a fact. A money bug comes up that pays people more? I don't think many people would report it. It's the few of us out here that help keep this game running as intended.