Hello!

Welcome to the Stratics community! Ready to talk games? Register today!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. WELCOME HOME!
    Thank you everyone for your extreme patience while we moved everything.
    Now play nicely!
  3. As you may have noticed, we're experiences a few technical issues with our forum software.
    We're working on getting them fixed as soon as possible.
    If you experience any problems, please use this thread to report them: http://community.stratics.com/threads/welcome-home.322983/
    Thank you for your patience.
  4. RonBron the new owner of Stratics has posted a new message dedicated towards all those members of Staff that recently left Stratics Service.  You can find the Message Here.

5. Ever consider becoming part of the Stratics Team? Now is your chance! Stratics is Hiring Editors. If you think you have the chops find out how to join Here.

6. Stratics will be fielding an Extra Life Event Team this Weekend, you can find out how you can support us and help a good cause by visiting our Stratics Team Page at Extra-Life.org. You can read more about this mission HERE.

Why can't I use a D grade shield?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Black Star, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Black Star

Black Star Visitor

Hi!

I have a Bronze Shield (D grade) that has Pdef 101.Before I had a Bone Shield (no grade) with Pdef of 90.With this shield I had Pdef 188.When switching the new shield, nothing hapened.I still have a Pdef of 188.What hapened?Why this D grade shield makes no difference?
    Thank you in advance!

Best regards!
  2. sirfancypants

sirfancypants Visitor

Equipping a shield doesn't affect your Pdef. Wearing a shield gives you a chance to block, at which time if successful the block will reduce the damage taken. I think by the ammount of Pdef. given by the shield.
  3. Ashem

Ashem Visitor

When you block a hit, your p.def sums up with your shield's p.def against this hit.
  4. pira

pira Visitor

is D grade shied a basic one? i was trying to learn some basic idea of the game . maybe i will played later on
  5. jkoster

jkoster Visitor

There are seven grade "levels" within L2 that have to do with gear availability.

Non-grade: Level 1 - 19
    D Grade: Level 20 - 39
    C Grade: Level 40 - 51
    B Grade: Level 52 - 60
    A Grade: Level 61 - 74
    S Grade: Level 75 - 79
    S-80 Grade: Level 80+

So long as you are at least the initial level, you can use gear of that grade. I hope this helps.