• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Why can my hold only contain 6 fishing quests?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always been able to have all 8 quests in my hold without a problem, now when I go to either one of the two mongers that owe me quests, they say "I have nothing for you at this time". Hold is nowhere near full or item limit - 24/125 Items 4904/16000 Stones.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know. Usually if you haven't delivered the quest for that monger he tells you so, and if your boat isn't on the same server he asks you to bring it closer. The only time I've seen the 'nothing for you' is when clicking on him with a non-fisher char. You didn't stone off fishing did you?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know. Usually if you haven't delivered the quest for that monger he tells you so, and if your boat isn't on the same server he asks you to bring it closer. The only time I've seen the 'nothing for you' is when clicking on him with a non-fisher char. You didn't stone off fishing did you?

Yeah, I never saw this message ever before the last 2 months, not the one for having a quest already and not the ship server one. I've had this problem for a while but I thought that it had got changed to only allowing 6 quests, then my guildmate did 8 and got them no problem. And no, I never stone anything off and I'm doing other quests, 120 fishing, over 2300 quests done so not usual at all.
It is strange tho, if I turn in one of the 6 quests I have in the hold, then that same monger that told me I have nothing for you at this time will now give me an order. I must be borked bigtime, dangit.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds as if he thinks you've got 8 even though you only have 6. You haven't had to abandon any at all?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sounds as if he thinks you've got 8 even though you only have 6. You haven't had to abandon any at all?
Nope, only time I had trouble was when we were losing our ships and I lost my ship with the orders aboard, but that's been what, about 3 years ago? I get all 20 quantities on orders and have for ages. Never ever refuse an order nor abandon one. Like I say, never had a bit of a problem until a couple months ago, but you make a point, it does kinda look like they think I have eight orders. For clarity I have probably done more than 150 orders with this same problem. I keep thinking there must be some simple solution I'm missing but can't find it and I'm at wit's end.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I can suggest is deliver the crates you have, don't take any more (you don't lose loyalty by refusing them - if you did I'd never have reached 120 fishing on Siege, where you daren't leave your boat in the water). Then try to dry dock your boat. If it won't let you, then you can page a GM and he can investigate.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing I can suggest is deliver the crates you have, don't take any more (you don't lose loyalty by refusing them - if you did I'd never have reached 120 fishing on Siege, where you daren't leave your boat in the water). Then try to dry dock your boat. If it won't let you, then you can page a GM and he can investigate.
Oh man, that's a big step, I worked so hard to get my reputation back up from the EA ship losing fiasco. Took over 300 quests to get back to all 20's. I'll live with it I think before I risk that. Thanks tho, appreciate your caring.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't lose rep by refusing them, only by dumping them.

I have a 120 fisher on Siege, and everytime I wanted to log off I had to dry dock my boat. I learned from experience that leaving it in the water got it scuppered and looted.
If you lost rep by refusing them I'd never have gotten an order big enough to get the scroll I needed. I didn't buy it, I got it myself.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't lose rep by refusing them, only by dumping them.

I have a 120 fisher on Siege, and everytime I wanted to log off I had to dry dock my boat. I learned from experience that leaving it in the water got it scuppered and looted.
If you lost rep by refusing them I'd never have gotten an order big enough to get the scroll I needed. I didn't buy it, I got it myself.
Yeah, I know everyone says that but I also should be able to get 8 orders so I just don't trust anything anymore. It's frustrating.
I may try to send a little note to a GM, who knows they might know about this or be able to help if I'd be lucky enough to get just the right one.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can't hurt. I've always found the GMs very helpful. I think very carefully how to word my page and make sure to tell them everything I've already tried so that they don't suggest it as a solution.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, I made a GM report, no word for hours, then this morning I get an EMail that says this has been reported as a bug, case closed for them at least. So I did as you suggested Petra, I did all the quests in hold and refused the new ones. Drydocked the ship, no problem. Bought a new ship, picked up quests from Skara, Trinsic, Jhelom, Britain, Vesper, and Papua, 6 orders total, everything same as normal. sailed to Sea Market Moonglow waters, recalled to Moonglow ------------ "I have nothing for you at this time".

Then thought well maybe I need to be at dock, so sailed to Sea Market to dock right by fish monger, stayed on ship, double clicked. "I have nothing for you at this time"

I'm outa patience, I know not important in the big scope of things but to me it's really important. I've done over 2300 quests and from that you can tell I really enjoy fishing. In the early days, I've endured the ship loss, the ship not located but found finally by sailing to it, the lost reputation because I suppose when they lost my ship, it abandoned the orders in it, and now this. Maybe it's a sign and I should be done with fishing. or maybe the whole danged game, tired of stuff like this.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystery solved, problem solved.

Simple explanation, you can only have 10 quests active on the button on your paperdoll. During this sort of void time in the last few months when i wasn't doing orders I had accepted 3 quests in the Abyss and a Dreadhorn quest. Count these with the 6 fishing orders in the hold as quests, I was at max. That's why the strange comment by the fish monger when I asked for a new order, "I have nothing for you at this time" instead of "deliver the quest you already have or bring your ship closer" normal responses.

Guildmate actually helped me solve it, and he's not even a seasoned fisherman. He said something about cancelling a quest and I had forgotten that the fishing orders were treated as quests and count against the 10 you can have open and are listed on your quest list. Bingo, situation solved, back to normal with 8 quests in my hold again!! Wooottttt!!!