WHY can I not get a GM on Lake Superior to answer my call?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I have spent more then 9 hours in game waiting on a GM and 2 hours on the phone with Origin about something that happened to my house after the last patch. This is absolutely ridiculous and the worst customer service I have EVER experienced in UO. WTF??????????? Where did everyone go? Last night I was at number 26 in the queue for about an hour and then miraculously went to number 22 YAY!!!! I spent 5 (FIVE!!) hours at number 22!!!! Now I can't even get a message telling me I am IN the queue. They have this way of making people want to continue to purchase their services NOT!!!!!!!!
The folks on the phone (after being put on hold for 45 minutes) tell me to go right home and page a GM..YEAH RIGHT.
This is so incredibly stupid and frustrating.
Is it just me??? Are other folks experiencing this?
Has EVERYONE at Origin just gone home and left the mice to do the work??? :wall:

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
I didn't even get the lame message telling me to check the website! I GOT NOTHING!

B

Budweiser

EA could care less about UO at this point. It makes no money for them to waste resources on.

K

Kiminality

Actually, it's been officially stated that UO is profitable.
Possibly even "Highly profitable", if that's not an exaggeration on their part.

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Instead of waiting for THEM any longer, I moved everything out of the house (ugh!) and replaced the plot...moved stuff back. It took my whole night, but then I would have been standing around like a moron waiting for a GM anyway. All is fine now but it still irks me that I have paid these people for several accounts for many many years and I can't even get a spot in their precious queue.
Thanks ya'll for listening to me fuss :blushing:

R

RenaLynne

Hope everything ended up working out. The last few times Ive paged I have not received any assistance whatsoever. A few DAYS later I got a canned email response. Feel for ya girl...

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 18, 2008
:sad4:And a similar story on UO ingame support (or lack of)...
A while back while running my thief through Doom, I stumbled on the skinned goat under ground (as is a rather common spawning place). I did the ususal page a GM to move it, waited a couple and when it didnt move I went on about my rounds. 3 weeks later (yes, 3 weeks) I got the canned email that the goat was moved. Now that's customer support.:sad4:

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
cowboyland
Looks like someone ate the trained chickens that randomly peck the response macro keys for corn. Or, maybe they are on strike 'cause someone forgot to load the corn hopers...

L

landon27

My theory is if does not involve gold or dupping they don't care. They only care about the money. I have been called some pretty bad things and no gm cared. I have also paged on the speedhackers of Gl like 700 times no one cares. But then they banned alot of players for buying dupped items like you would know that seeing it on a vendor. So face it if its not money don't waste your time they are not coming. Also they have like 3 gms for like 7 shards or something so its a luck thing I think?

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Outer Hebrides
One of my guys paged about someone luring stuff to kill pets. Apparently, this is no longer illegal!

I've mentioned this before with EA, in respect of time zones and us in the UK having to wait til America wakes up before we can get tech support. If you have a multi time zone game, you need multi time zone support. You need GM's who know the game and who actually respond to problems and do their best to sort it out.

EA is is crap at customer service and they need to sort it out.

F

feath

Instead of waiting for THEM any longer, I moved everything out of the house (ugh!) and replaced the plot...moved stuff back. It took my whole night, but then I would have been standing around like a moron waiting for a GM anyway. All is fine now but it still irks me that I have paid these people for several accounts for many many years and I can't even get a spot in their precious queue.
Thanks ya'll for listening to me fuss :blushing:
I was stuck once, and couldn't get unstuck, even using the 'i'm physically stuck' button. Called a GM. While waiting for the GM, a player wandering by was able to help me get unstuck. When the GM did arrive, he chewed me out for calling him, when i didn't need him. gave me a long lecture of wasting his time, with copy paste. never gave me the option of telling him what happened. Was told if I did it again, I'd get a tick against my account.

so, be careful with fixing the problem yourself, is all i'm saying. I wonder, is there a way to cancel your request, once it's sent? I think that would help a lot with their long waits, as 3/4s of them would cancel, shortening their wait list considerably.

UO tops the list with poor customer support.

EDIT; found out, yes indeed there is a cancel button. i've never seen it before. will hunt for it next time i find myself needing it.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 5, 2006
Bangor, Me
Just a thought here. But did you ever think of hmmm maybe sharing your specific problem with us? Someone on these boards might have been able to solve the problem for you. Perhaps the problem is you didn't get the answer from the gms you wanted and decided to complain here. I have never not recieved a response on my pages before. Now I could be mistaken here. But if you called origin that could be your problem too. I don't think Uo and Origin are together anymore.