• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why are they just letting it wither away and die?

Ghost Knight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
So I made a free account to check out the shards and it's crazy how few people I saw and how many prime house spots were empty! Why oh why haven't they merged some of the shards yet? I was playing another online game and less than 2 years in they had to merge servers after the initial excitement died down. It's crazy that it's this dead and when most game are free to play, it's still the same price.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would you fix it? By that I merge the shards..housing, items, characters. I myself really like the idea of merging the shards, but where do you begin? You can't screw people or they will indefinitely quit, which is what we are trying to avoid. So how would you make a merger work, anyone can say MERGE MERGE MERGE. It's no longer a question if we should, even the naysayers know we should, it's just coming up with a solution that doesn't just keep the discussion open and no actions taken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost Knight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
That's up to the developers to figure out and it's past time that they do it. As far as houses, start with a clean slate and let everyone make a run for it. The stuff in the previous houses could be connected to the account and placed in a crate in the new house to unpack, just like it's done now when you do a customization. Characters gets a little trickier if people have characters on multiple shards that are being merged. If I remember correctly, in the other game my characters were all there and grayed out initially. I was able to activate up to the normal number of slots and then had to pay if I wanted more of the characters.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As far as houses, start with a clean slate and let everyone make a run for it.
The merger you want has been consistently been rejected by the Developers, just because of unhappy people losing housing. Do you realize how many people will quit once they can't replace a castle?

If you got what you want, you'll find EA pulling the plug soon because of a sudden dwindling of subscriptions.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Some people might not want to be on higher populated shards for a few reasons:
  • I can usually recall to my favorite hunting spots and not worry that someone else is already there.
  • I can roam around Fel all day long and never worry about being attacked.
  • Nearly everyone knows (or knows of) all the other players on the shard.
  • You can macro unattended and there's no one around to report you (just kidding :D )
I would be in favor of shard mergers if the devs could come up with a housing solution that allows me to keep the castles I own. I do NOT want to re-live the housing fiasco when Trammel was added. But it would be nice to have a larger community.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just let people place homes in green acres. Problem solved.
Not exactly. Home location is a big thing too. On Sonoma I don't mind moving locations. But I also have houses next to my friends/guildmates. I don't want to lose that. On Atlantic I have a Fel 17x18, semi-secluded, waterfront house. I definitely don't want to lose that plot!