• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why all the list hating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Right now on a weekend there are only 20 skill lots open. None for charisma.

There are only 16 money lots open.

No need to list the others.

Why not just leave the list as it is and dont show closed lots.

Stores should be dealt with in a different manner. Not lumped with the rest, as they did with free accounts not gaining hours.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

All the hatting is going on because lots of people cant get on the list even after 5 days, 2 weeks, etc...! And cant get any visitors!

Go back a few pages to the thread thats all about this topic. You will get your info there
!

L

LadyMichelleCC

I don't like the 100 list the way it is... they could have a 100 list of properties ranked like they are, but just the ones that are open-the ones not currently open wouldnt be on the list. Would that be difficult? I hate looking around for charm and body is kind of bad too.

G

That's an interesting idea. What if we still had a top 100 list, but only of open houses? At any given time, for example, we could see the top 100 skill houses that were open. If you're the top skill house, but not online, you won't show up until you are. This would make it easier to find places to skill and give some of the people having trouble getting on to the list a chance, even create some more competition. It would also be nice to see what the other options are, rather than the 80 places that I can't go skill.

G

<blockquote><hr>

All the hatting is going on because lots of people cant get on the list even after 5 days, 2 weeks, etc...! And cant get any visitors!

Go back a few pages to the thread thats all about this topic. You will get your info there
!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxis Luc is looking into this issue!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Right now on a weekend there are only 20 skill lots open. None for charisma.

There are only 16 money lots open.

No need to list the others.

Why not just leave the list as it is and dont show closed lots.

Stores should be dealt with in a different manner. Not lumped with the rest, as they did with free accounts not gaining hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I really think stores are a separate thing unto themselves and that changes that need to be made within THAT category don't necessarily need to be made with the others. Free accounts not counting toward visitor hours is a prime example of that. No other category that I can think of hides 15 sims on their lot for as many hours at a time as stores do.

Someone else suggested instead of not showing closed lots, or things like that that would require significant code changes, that they just expand the list to be the 'top 200' or the 'top 300'. This seems logical with the population growth that we have had and will continue to have. a list that only shows 100 lots just isn't enough, but we DONT need to get rid of the competitive factor that the top list puts into it.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maxis Luc is looking into this issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well good if he is, but he none of the dev's have posted anything about this problem on here and I wont be satisfied unless they do. How do you know he's looking into it?

They better fix it fast because im pissed, iv been bored as hell trying to get on the list.

G

As we've already got a current discussion about the top 100 lists here, I'm going to ask that you keep the discussion in the existing thead to save confusion on where to post.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Polly

Status
Not open for further replies.