• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Why all the lag?

G

Yes there are people in TC3, but not THAT many. Are all the cities like this? Something really needs to be done. The lag is really really horrible, and it seems especially so while at work (I work the robot factory).

It is not my computer. I was able to run 7 instances of this game at once on my old computer, which wasn't even a dual core, and I have dual core now, more RAM and a better vid card.

M

MandiK

It started getting really bad & shoppy after the last update. Who knows.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Is it just a 'TSO' problem though?

I noticed that there was substantial lag on Toontown and POTC this weekend too.

I logged into TC3 and the production cities a few times but didn't notice lag.

I

Isimsalotta

The lag started for me, also, after last Wednesday's update...It is especially bad at the Factory job! Must be SOMETHING that was added to the game...Hopefully this Wednesday we will see it FIXED! I have seen lots of sims DIE at the factory due to this LAG! Oyyyy!

G

I had a lot of lag at the nightclub too. It was worse for me Saturday then Sunday though overall. For me its mostly when someone lands and especially bad when more then one lands at once. The worst is when this happens on a lot with alot of CC.

G

NOIP
There are many reasons for lag - both clientside and serverside, and it's difficult to pin down.
However, I did notice the issues with lag started to show up (for me anyway) with the uploading of the bitmaps (which are resource hogs in themselves). Now, with the several thousand that have been added (to the servers as well as many to our own comps)....... well, they HAVE to be contributing in some way.

G

I knew I could trust you to gimme all the technical stuff.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

The little that I've played since Custom Content was implemented, I've noticed a significant increase in lag. It takes longer for the city to load, longer to land in a lot, longer for house descriptions to load, etc. This is probably yet another factor as to why they were leary on bringing CC to the game in the first place. I just hope they have a workaround for all the lag as of late. It's nice to see them making a true effort, though, so it's a give/take thing in the end. ;]

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

The little that I've played since Custom Content was implemented, I've noticed a significant increase in lag. It takes longer for the city to load, longer to land in a lot, longer for house descriptions to load, etc. This is probably yet another factor as to why they were leary on bringing CC to the game in the first place. I just hope they have a workaround for all the lag as of late. It's nice to see them making a true effort, though, so it's a give/take thing in the end. ;]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the lag and haven't seen lag like this in years. I have died a few times at the Factory because of it. I first noticed the lag after CC was introduced. I would rather be lag free than able to see the CC.

G

<blockquote><hr>

NOIP
There are many reasons for lag - both clientside and serverside, and it's difficult to pin down.
However, I did notice the issues with lag started to show up (for me anyway) with the uploading of the bitmaps (which are resource hogs in themselves). Now, with the several thousand that have been added (to the servers as well as many to our own comps)....... well, they HAVE to be contributing in some way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as a matter of clarification:

NOIP = "No One In Particular" and is equivalent to the *TTL* that is used a lot nowadays.
This was the "just a general reply and is not directed to anyone specific" disclaimer that was used regularly several years ago when I was a regular on the boards.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I didn't have a bit of lag but....I went to visit my house in the new area and it wasn't on it's snow lot any longer but on a grass lot.

Imagine my surprise!!!

Z

Zsazsa Zee

I am looking forward to my next promotion at the robot factory but have decided to put it on hold until the lag issue is resolved. I too, died several times because of the lag......but my main complaint is that it is sooooo very frustrating and takes the fun out of playing.
I will craft in DG in the mean time ........and I will be joining the "millions" of sims crating for Craftland ...er...EALand LOL

M

Meggers

When I open my skill house I lock the door when the number reaches 18. 35 people on a lot is rediculous. It is nothing but lag hell. My puter is a great one and I have high speed internet and can't function in houses that allow 35 people in it.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

When I open my skill house I lock the door when the number reaches 18. 35 people on a lot is rediculous. It is nothing but lag hell. My puter is a great one and I have high speed internet and can't function in houses that allow 35 people in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Wiki-Dunce, however someone should suggest that on the Wiki. The ability to adjust how many people we allow on our lot would be wonderful, especially for those dial-up users. (And no, thank the good lord I'm not one of them!
)

M

MandiK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Wiki-Dunce, however someone should suggest that on the Wiki. The ability to adjust how many people we allow on our lot would be wonderful, especially for those dial-up users. (And no, thank the good lord I'm not one of them!
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Wiki-dunce here too. I have had an account for months but never figured out how to work the pages. Its so weird looking to me, I couldnt submit anything if I wanted to, lol.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Wiki-Dunces unite! Watch that phrase get a cult following, now.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad Meggers.

Unless I get a reliable bunch of roomies to help out, I won't be having over 18 guests either. First off, I'm there to enjoy the game too and being the 'servant' to 35 demanding guests doesn't sound like a bunch of fun to me.